Chapter 2

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

Year 2134

 

Luhan lay comfortably on the rooftop, counting some really bright stars. It wasn’t uncommon to spot the Milky Way in the skyline too. Guarding the energy generator (EXTRASOLAR) has been their job since a long time ago, but it has always been rather peaceful out here thus explaining Kai’s playfulness and kris’s flying parade.

In a distance, Kai was teasing Lay with his teleportation skills, circling around poor Lay who gave up trying eventually and started reviving dried plants from the ground.

‘Don’t they have anything else to do?’ shaking his head, Luhan took out an old pocket watch from his left pocket. Slowly, he traced it delicately with his fingertips along the old rusts and paint cracks. It was something his father left him 10 years ago; before he was sent here. He hated him for abandoning him, for offering him away as an experiment, though it was successful with 11 others and that made them the EXO today. But when he’d finally decided to forgive him, his father has already passed away.

This old piece of metal was all that he’d left Luhan with; something passed down from generations, something so rare that it doesn’t exist in this century. Maybe in some households? He shrugged and lifted the pocket watch into the air with his telekinesis and began twirling it around. Even since he received it from his dad, he hasn’t figure out how to open it. It seems that the latch was stuck very firmly. Kris even tried to throw it from a few hundred meters high, but instead of a loud thud, it was still tightly closed. Chanyeol too almost got grounded trying to melt it with his fire.

He watched as it drops back to his palm and sighed before putting it back into his pocket.

‘Hyung, maybe it isn’t meant to be opened?’ Sehun landed conveniently on the rooftop right then with the help of Kris. ‘Owe me a meal!’ He shouts at the two of them before dropping back to the ground. Sehun rolled his eyes and settled down beside his hyung, passing him a can of soda.

‘Maybe…’ Luhan answered his previous speculation. Nonetheless everyone tried opening it but to no avail. It was a really stubborn and annoying piece of metal that Luhan doesn’t want to dispose of, ironically.

Sehun lay down with his eyes closed humming an impromptu self-composed tune. Luhan too, was about to lie down when a flash of light sliced across the sky lighting up the area in the distance. Following it was nothing but a huge ground shaking explosion. Something had crashed near the energy generator.

The both of them stood up at once and jumped off the roof in a single steady motion.

‘What is that?!’ Kai teleported to them in an instant completely surprised at the loud sound. In a distance they could already spot flames.

Lay and Kris arrived next just seconds before their communicators started blinking simultaneously.

Chanyeol’s face appeared on the popup screen, his eyes wide with seriousness. ‘Unidentified object crash landed a mile northwest from EXTRASOLAR. Kris, if you fly supersonic you can reach there within 20 seconds, bring someone. Kai you’ll reach there faster if you take the Bionic. I’ve already dispatched Suho and Tao 15 seconds ago, Xiumin and Chen will be there soon after. Baekhyun and I will update here from base. D.O is currently heading Downtown so he won't be joining us.’

‘Got it,’ Luhan turned around but Kris didn’t even take more than a second to react before he was gone with the other male, leaving nothing but a trail of wind and dust.

Luhan and Kai both took out a metallic looking cube and threw it to the ground on their sides. Within short seconds, it transformed into two shiny and heavy looking bikes; Bionic (maximum speed unknown, last recorded 360miles/hr). Sehun hopped on after Luhan and they took off after Kai.

‘How far are we?’ Luhan asked Chanyeol through the communicator again while accelerating further. The scenery around them was nothing but shades of blur and whites.

‘3 miles!’ Baekhyun replied and with a smirk, Luhan turned the throttle further and stepped harder on the pedal.

‘We’ll be there within a minute. Sehun-ah, hang on tight!’

-------

It took them less than 50 seconds to reach the crash site. Before them was a wrecked craft in the middle of a huge crater. Not a soul or being was around, nothing but an abandoned spacecraft and debris. Talk about aliens, they're exactly what Luhan doesn't believe; not now, not ever. 

'Empty?' Kai asked with furrowed eyebrows while putting cubed-Bionic back into his external pocket.

Kris and Lay were surveying the area together with Tao while Suho had put out the last of the flames. 

Xiumin and Chen arrived few moments later looking equally as shocked. Crash landing doesn't happen everyday obviously. 

'This is strange.. where is the captain and... maybe passengers?' Xiumin asked tapping on the burnt metal with his knucles, deep in thoughts. 

Luhan looked around and indeed they were the only ones in the area. Thus, he called base again. 'How long has it been since the crash?'

Scanning through a series of data, Chanyeol too frowned at the news. '15 seconds to two minutes.' 

Everyone else stopped whatever they were doing, expressions stern and serious. How was it possible to escape within two minutes? And to be accurate it could be less taking into consideration how Kris flew here in supersonic right away.

Luhan's eyebrows were knitted together as he began to piece every info they have on hand, together. 

'They've got to be in the premise.' That was his conclusion and, he wasn't wrong. 

'Hahahaha. Not bad.' A deep laughter sounded few metres away and everyone stood in a circle, back to back with heightened senses, scanning their surroundings. Still, they see no one.

'Stop finding. This is invisibility.' A figure appeared out of thin air followed by five others by his sides. They were all wearing some sort of half-masks on their faces, showing only their eyes. 'Looks like none of you EXO possesses such ability huh?' the figure in the middle took a small step foward, tapping his forehead mockingly. 

'Hyung,' Kai whispered under his breath in an attempt to deliever a plan. 

'You there, stop whispering. I can hear every single word.' Said another beside their 'leader'.

'Himchan ah, it's okay. We should let them enjoy a bit of fun before they beg us on their knees.' The one in the middle mocked in sarcasm.

Luhan tensed up and took glances at the rest of his team. If this broke out into a fight, they might not win judging from the unknown abilities these GMIs possess. Clenching his jaws tightly, he straightened up and moved forward, taking the leader head on. 

'Hahaha, who are you? Their leader? Nice to meet you then, I'm... Yongguk.' The middle one said. It doesn't take an idiot to imagine the mockery in his expression even with half his face covered.

'We are not seeking a fight. You guys however, came uninvited.' Luhan continued calmly only to be returned with loud echoing laughters. Behind him, Sehun and Kai were almost ready to charge at the obnoxious group if not for Chen and Kris who stopped them in time. 

'Woah woah leader, did you see that? Your little buddies are all ready for a fight.' Yongguk taunted again. 

'YOU UGLY MASK WEARING FREAKS!' Kai shouted at the top of his voice while Lay and Kris grabbed his arms. Luhan raised a hand and he stopped at once. 

Just then, Luhan's wrist band started flickering again. 

'Aren't you going to pick it up?' Himchan asked with his arms crossed. 

'Are the rest of you mutes?' Sehun added rolling his eyes with a corner of his lips arched. 

Himchan shrugged in response and the other figure beside him whispered something to him. He let out a loud laughter at once but earned himself a slap on his nape from Yongguk. 'Who told you to laugh louder than me?' The said male bowed apologetically. 

Luhan stared at the flickering lights for a while. He wanted to pick it up but he couldn't. Somehow his mind doesn't want to, his hand won't move. Behind him, Kai was the first to drop. He turned around with much difficulty only to see all of them on one knee. His communicator continued to flicker like a death warning and following his, everyone else's started flickering like a mad parade of lights. 

'W..what...' He gulped when he realized he couldn't even project his voice. His head felt very heavy and was beginning to see doubles or triples of everything. In the corner of his eyes, one by one his comrades have succumbed and unconscious while he could only watch helplessly with clenched fists.

'Woah, you have quite some stamina.' Someone said, however Luhan was already losing the last of his consciousness. 

'This is Zelo's power, Colourless; a really strong airborne anesthetic perfect to use on GMIs like - you poor guys.' Yongguk removed his mask, but Luhan's sight was already fuzzy. It didn't take him long before he too, collapsed weakly.

The last thing he remembered was the laughters and Chanyeol's anxious voice over the device. He didn't know how, but he somehow managed to pick the call up. 

'HYUNG! HYUNG! WE GOT INFO OF THEM FROM THE PICTURES SUHO SENT US. THAT BUNNY SYMBOL, THEY'RE FROM MATO! HYUNG? YOU HEAR ME? HYUNG WHAT HAPPENED?!' 

 

Too late. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Thankyou new subscribers and the unexpected upvote! (: