A Different Sky

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

Year 2134; Planet EXO

 

In the year 2134, humans no longer live on earth. In fact, this generation of mankind doesn’t even know what Earth is exactly. Of course with advance technology and development at this century, humans live better and easier lifestyles but there are also some who are no longer just pure human beings. This is how the GMI (Genetic Modified Intelligence) Agents came about.

They are like the army, the guards of a particular planet. And on this particular planet with only a population of a few hundred, a GMI group called EXO is formed and they each possesses individual superpowers..

 

‘Hyung, are we going to visit the so-called earth any time soon?’ Chanyeol asked arching an eyebrow while scanning through the entire wall of monitors intensely, with a ball of flames on his right hand. ‘Are you trying to burn the house down?’ Suho released a ball of mist on Chanyeol’s flames before staring at one of the smaller monitor.

‘I don’t think we’ll be going anytime soon, since the air pollution there seems really bad.’ D.O joined and pointed a finger at the readings on one of the screens. Chanyeol nodded in silence while disappointment was written all over his face. Apparently, his curiousness about human’s original home wasn’t understood by the rest, who were contented enough to be living in such a convenient era when one could cook within few minutes with machines instead of doing it tediously.

‘Who’s up next for guard duties?! I’m hungry already!’ Sehun shouts impatiently through the built-in communicator on screen, startling the three of them in the control room. With a simple click of buttons, Suho connected with the rest.

‘Luhan, Kai, Lay and Kris, change shifts!’ He speaks through the other communicator.

Outside, Luhan’s wrist band lights up rapidly upon receiving Suho’s announcements. Around the same time, Kai has already teleported to him with a wide grin indicating that he’d been having fun somewhere he shouldn’t be again.

Lay arrives next with Kris who is simply just too lazy to walk.

‘If you keep on attracting attention like-’

‘-Ah Hyung don’t be so uptight will you. It’s just me ‘walking’, just a few seconds thing.’ Kris cut in before Luhan starts his usual nagging about the amount of condensed gush of strong wind he generates that almost blew off Ace’s shed. He never learned the lesson anyway but Luhan still tried to remind him nonetheless.

‘Let’s go.’ Lay added immediately while tugging Luhan along, before Kris gets thrown off into a distance again by his Telekinesis.

‘It’s gonna be another mundane day out there.’ Kai sighed pouting his lips like a child. That action earned him a back-head slap though, from Kris who simply can’t stand that form of air-headedness.

 

 

Year 2013; Con-currently on Earth

 

‘Heejin ah, can you help me carry this canvas to the art studio?’

‘Alrights! Give me 10 seconds!’

Park Heejin, an average university student has led a normal life just like every one of us. Living with her older brother who took on the role of her parents since young, she has always been independent and saying that she's average could be an understatement. Long-haired, bright eyes, natural pouted lips, she's a natural beauty, who just takes no care about her appearance. 

‘Heejin ah, can you pass me that brush before you leave?’ Someone asked after she rested the canvas carefully against the classroom wall. She’d always been kind-hearted to everyone and anyone. Though it was obvious some people took advantage of her kindness and probably her beautiful features, she didn’t mind or she didn't really suspected their real intentions. 

‘Yah! Can’t you just take it yourself?! It’s like there, like right there!’ someone else shouted from across the room. Lee Chaeri, Heejin’s childhood friend who is also her part-time protector who tried to block off any form of potential 'bullying'.

‘It’s okay.’ Heejin said passing the brush over to the male student with a smile but Chaeri has seen the expectant look on his face. "Another of those bees." Chaeri facepalmed in disbelief and strided towards her in big steps. 

‘Yah you silly woman! Don’t you see they’re just conveniently making use of you?’ She added, pointing a rude finger at the male classmate who totally ignored her accusation.

‘See?!’

Heejin returned with a smile and pushed Chaeri back to her desk, making sure she had her bestie's glued to the wooden stool.

‘You draw, and wait for me to be back.’

‘Where are you going?’ Chaeri narrowed her eyes almost like an interrogation just in case Heejin went off to run some ridiculous errands again. The last time she almost had a fight with their senior when he called Heejin to buy him a drink in the middle of her work. That earned them both a week’s detention.

‘Library. There are some references I want to look at.’ Heejin replied truthfully with a wink and turned around half-running towards the door very quickly.  

‘Come back before lunch okay!’ Chaeri shouted after her but Heejin has already disappeared out of the door. ‘Tch, she’s just really good at running away.’