Confrontation

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Daehyun was fast. Luhan figured he was already in the area when he called. But the look on his face wasn't doing any good. It was far more serious than serious itself. It was like any wrong word said could send the fire burning. 

Luhan didn't speak, instead he simply followed as Daehyun strolled in and stood near the window. The lights outside casted a large ominous daehyun-shadow. Then again, neither spoke. 

It was only when the booming sound of a motorcycle down the street snapped their senses back together. Luhan couldn't quite make out the other guy's expression but judging by how he inhaled, he knew he was in trouble. Bracing for impact, he breathed deeply and waited. 

'Cut the act. Who the hell are you exactly?' The emphasis Daehyun placed on the word shook up Luhan a little, but nonetheless he was prepared to reveal whatever he needed to know. 

'You know my name.' Agent mode Luhan at its peak. Daehyun almost scoffed. 

'I said. cut. the. god. damn. crap.' He hissed through his teeth, articulating every word with more force. 

Now Luhan was definitely puzzled. Daehyun's reaction was bigger than he should react with regards to the coming sarcasm. 

'You must've known quite a bit before coming here, why don't you tell me.' Luhan challenged instead and with that Daehyun snapped, grabbing him by his collar. 

But as on reflex, Luhan pushed the extended arm away and with a swift turn he was now standing behind Daehyun, fingers against his throat. Daehyun looked even more surprised than ever. This was something he couldn't fathom. Judging by his moves, the man before him had had official agent trainings. He'd let his guard down, letting himself caught. He was ready for a counter attack in case Luhan decided to kill him, but instead Luhan lowered his arm and sighed. 

'I'm sorry, I didn't-' 

'WHO ARE YOU?! YOU ARE NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE, MOVING AND I DON'T KNOW. LIKE A CHANGED PERSON!' Daehyun snapped, taking a few defensive steps back, his expression as though he'd seen a ghost. 

That was when Luhan sort of understood what was going on. 

'You've met someone who look just like me.' He said, his voice eerily deep almost like a whisper. 

Daehyun's head jerked up in an instant. 'What is it you are not telling me? How-' 

'I came from the future.' that shut his lips. 

'You what?!' 

'It is true. If there is another person who looked just like me, he isn't me. And you, I've known someone who looks just like you from the future.' Luhan explained slowly, watching the change in Daehyun's expression. 

'This is a whole freaking lot to take in.' he was still skeptical of course. 

'Now can you tell me who is that you saw. As in the other me?' Luhan asked again, this time gesturing to the couch. 

'Oh hell this is going to take longer than I've expected.' Daehyun pulled out a gun from his jacket and placed it on the coffee table. 

'You're here to kill me.' Luhan said, seeing the black piece lying ever so harmlessly on the desk now. 

'You're damn right I am.' 

* * * * *

 

'So we're back to square one.' Luhan leaned back relaxingly against the seat and glanced sideways at Daehyun, whose eyebrows were so closely knitted together they could form a line already. 

'Don't relax in front of me.' Daehyun tried a threat, taking a glance at the hand gun on the table. Luhan straightened up at once.

'So you were saying that the other me, Luhan, who is- erm was, the commanding officer for this secret service department of the government, that you're in right now,' He began slowly, piecing up the information together. Daehyun shifted his gaze in response. 

'And then he was following Heejin's parents in the car when the explosion happened and caught him off guard. The explosion was too huge, he was badly injured, but the government covered up his involvement.' 

Daehyun nodded again. 

'So he is now under highly protected supervision while still in a Coma.' 

Daehyun nodded briefly, rolling his eye at the same time.

'And you know this how?' 

'I was going through the database for facial recognition of your face when I chanced upon this heavily secured password protected file. So I foolishly hacked into it and wah-lah. Another you.' Daehyun rolled his eyes again, this time with more annoyance.

'So what was Heejin's parent's carrying?' 

'That's what we're going to find out.' 

'And that is part of your mission.' 

Daehyun glared at the other male, hiding his surprise. 

'Guess I'm right.' Luhan shrugged and leaned back again, closing his eyes. 

'What about that Watch you talked about?' Daehyun asked. 

Luhan's eyes flew open. 'About that, I think we have the same goal here. Whatever Park Dong Hoon was carrying, it held the secrets to the Watch.' He missed out the part in which that man was both Heejin and his father. Daehyun didn't need to know.

'So Heejin knew about all this?' Daehyun asked. 

'She does.' 

Daehyun inhaled deeply shutting his eyes briefly, giving up on saying something. 

'I got a feeling he brought me here.' Luhan said, changing the topic. 

'The other you?' 

Luhan nodded, his lips pursed into a thin line, a crease formed on his forehead.

'Why am I here now? Did he want me to complete whatever he'd failed. It could all be possible. Our subconscious could be linked.' Luhan reasoned, thinking deeply. 

'Too much tv kid.' Daehyun rolled his eyes again. 

'I don't like the sound of that name calling. and you guys have the habit of eye rolling, or so I've noticed.' said Luhan with a frown, and rolled his eyes too. 

'So what? This is new to you now? Implying that you guys were far too cool too superior to do stuffs like that?' Daehyun rolled his eyes again, but on purpose. Luhan almost laughed. 

'You should stop. And no. I'm not implying anything. The only practical skill that survived time travel was my strength.' Luhan said and lifted a side of the coffee table with two fingers, all too easily, without popping a vein. Daehyun watched and said nothing. It was a long night for him and he couldn't even imagine a thing like this, let alone be sitting here with half-a-human in the same room.

'Scared now?' Luhan teased, arching an eyebrow and Daehyun shot another sharp glance at the gun on the table. Enough to shut him up. 

 

------------

 

sorry guys this took like freaking freaking long... please forgive me. ;____;