Chapter 34

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

and in some reality, everything reversed.

 

Luhan was too overwhelmed by the amount of voices around him, Sehun and Kai especially were all over him as he focused. Or, at the very least, he tried to focus. But somehow all the time travelling has finally began taking its toll, he was pulling his feet across the room to pick up that Watch. Despite the ringing speeches around him, there was only one particular thought in his mind. 

Her face flashed up in that very instant he picked the piece up but his body gave way at last. Trying to focus on her eyes, he fell back into the never ending pit of darkness.

 

- - - - -

Heejin pulled herself out of bed to the bathroom. She couldn't even be horrified at her reflection anymore. Her eyes were bloodshot and swollen, her face was bloated. 

'I look like a fish.' She mumbled to herself and began washing up. Not that she cared anymore about how she looked. 

The cold water slapped her hard in the face and she blinked her eyes opened as once. For his lingering touch from her dream still haunted her like a ghost. Streaks of water dripped from her face as once again, she stared into the mirror. Her fingers unknowingly brushed across her lips. It felt so real, too real. But again, too wrong. 

Siblings. She repeated that particular word umpteen times in her head but that brainwashing wasn't ever going to work in changing how she feels for him. 

She snapped herself back to reality when Chanyeol called her name, breakfast was ready. 

'I'm coming!' She replied and rushed through the rest of her girl's time. 

During breakfast, neither of them mentioned anything about Luhan. There was an awkward air around the dining table as she chewed quietly. When Chanyeol was done, he stood up and pat her head lightly. 

'Give oppa a call when your classes end. Let's do grocery shopping together.' 

'Don't you have to work?' 

'I do. But I can always make time for my precious sister. Right?' He smiled his usual teeth showing smile, leaving Heejin slightly guilty for whatever she'd been thinking the whole morning. 

'Becareful oppa, see you later.' She waved her fork as he disappeared out of the door. 

 

Heejin was practically dragging herself to school. With Chaeri's never ending morning messages, her phone vibrated continously in her hand. She was grateful though, to have a friend like her. But in times like this, she wasn't ready to reply her messages without sounding too harsh. 

She was at the crossroad junction when suddenly a wave of nauseous hit her. Her head was pounding at such intensity that she thought someone was hitting her with a hammer. The scene before her went blurry as she began to tear up then suddenly a flash of bright light blinded her and she fell backwards. A series of car horns echoed in her ears. She couldn't even remember if she'd tried to breathe. But there was a sharp and intense pain at the back of her neck, and she out. 

 

- - - - -

'What happened to him?' Sehun asked, leaning a little too closely at his sleeping hyung. 

Xiumin pulled the maknae up and away, 'He was dehydrated, all he needs now is some rest.' 

The younger male sulked and exited the room joining the others in the shared dining space. 

Xiumin left Yongguk alone with Luhan, before taking one last glance at the two of them. He wasn't the least worried, for he knew the B.A.P were people they could already trust. 

The other male glanced at the sleeping Luhan and frowned before he slumped into the couch beside the bed. They haven't been able to remove the Watch from his hand as he was gripping it so tightly before he passed out. A thought came to mind suddenly. There must be a reason for Park Dong Hoon to remain hidden. Was it that this technology he developed was harmful? Is it already draining Luhan's life force?

Then just as he was keeping himself busy with all his conspiracy theories, Luhan shifted slightly. Yongguk jerked his head up in his direction and stood up immediately. 

Slowly, Luhan blinked his eyes open. 

'I'll be right back.' Yongguk said and ran out to call the others. 

It took a while before Luhan got use to the lights in the room. There was a prominent throbbing feeling at the back of his head as he struggled to make sense of his surroundings. Then he remembered that he'd passed out and sighed. He must have been asleep for a long time, his body was aching and his legs were numb. 

Struggling, he tried to sit up. And at this time the rest of them rushed into the room with the same worried look on all their faces. He almost cracked up at D.O's ever shocked espression.

'I'm fine.' He managed as Lay helped to put a pillow behind him. 

'How are you feeling?' Suho asked. 

'Hungry.' He replied after his stomach made a small growling sound, seemed to him that nobody has heard it. 

'I'll get it.' Chen volunteered but Luhan waved a hand. 

He was looking at all of them when he realised something was hurting him in his hand. He opened his right hand and realised that the Watch had already made marks on his palm since he was gripping it so tightly.

'Why do you guys looked so worried?' He asked and watched as their espressions turned to surprise and dumbfounded.

'Hyung, you passed out.' Kai answered matter-of-factly but frowned. 

'Don't you remember?' Yongguk asked, stepping forward. 

'Did I overworked myself again? My stomach is growling for a while now maybe Chen can get me something to eat.' He replied with an embarrassed smile, rubbing the back of his nape. 

At the moment, everyone seemed to be helplessly exchanging silent eye contacts. Yet neither of them spoke. Because it didn't take an idiot to realise what happened to Luhan. 

 - - - - -