Chapter 13

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

 

Luhan hasn't gotten much sleep over the past few hours. The thing was, he can't seem to get the Watch off his mind. There was something about it that left him dumbfounded.

It was actually kind of funny and stupid how hitting himself with it can send him back in time. One other thing he realized was how the Watch seemed so brand new when he travelled. While at the current, it looked nothing expensive for the gold losing some of its shine. And about the small opening that appeared before he was sent on his first ever time travelling trip? And why did Yongguk disappear too? Then again, nothing seemed to happen to Heejin, or did it only work on someone from this time?

There was a knock on the door breaking his train of thoughts. ‘Come in.’ He said still examining the heavy piece. It was Daehyun.

‘You found anything by looking at it?’ he asked apparently concerned or slightly amazed. Daehyun’s eyes don’t lie, Luhan noticed the eagerness in them as soon as he’d seen the piece.

‘I have nothing.’ Luhan shrugged and passed it to him, who received it delicately as though it was something alive.

‘hmmm. I didn’t expect to see this here.’ That was meant to be a thought but Daehyun said it aloud. ‘Sorry.’ He apologized immediately. Luhan smiled and squeezed his shoulders encouragingly. ‘Speak freely. I should be the one apologizing for the disappearance of your leader.’

‘We didn’t mean to crash.. invade.’ He changed the words knowing how the crash was actually planned as a decoy mission. Luhan waited for him to continue, twirling an empty glass relaxingly in the air. At least for now, he could enjoy having his power "useful".

Daehyun on the other hand took a deep breath while tracing the tiny cracks on the piece with his thumbs. ‘Yongguk and Himchan hyung are actually really good people. They just acted like villains coz they thought that was the only way to make you give up the EXTRASOLAR.’

The empty glass descends smoothly back onto the table top. Luhan leaned against his desk and fixated his gaze on the remorseful male.

‘We don’t have a big population since most of the remaining humans moved on to other planets or continued living on Earth, since that was where we used to belong. But our MATOSOLAR has been failing over the years due to a technological failure in upgrading process. We don’t know for sure how long it could last. If possible, we wish to speak of another term.’ The male’s eyes were serious. He was serious.

That was some really big talk early in the morning. Luhan stood up and gave it a thought. He was always the understanding party and for Daehyun to come to him directly, it wasn’t a term that he could easily decide on. The fact was, as GMIs, they were the agents of their particular planet. Or in other words; the army and the government itself. Luhan being the Head in Command definitely has the authority to pass down a new law to their inhabitants. Yea, that was how much he has on his shoulders.

‘Let me hear it.’ He replied after a while. He could almost feel Daehyun heaving a sigh of relieve.

‘We currently have a population of 118. I, on behalf of B.A.P and citizens of MATO, wish to officially request a merger.’

That in fact didn’t catch Luhan by surprise. He was already thinking about it while Daehyun was going on with his side of the story. And in terms of distance, EXO was definitely the nearest to MATO. In any case if their generator was to fail, evacuating here would be the best emergency measure. There was nothing one could do about a failing heart.

‘Let me consider it.’ Luhan smiled slowly and gave Daehyun an assuring pat on his back.

‘See you outside then. Thankyou for hearing me out.’ Daehyun returned the Watch and exited the room. That was probably the first time Luhan seen a smile from him.

Slipping the aged gold piece back into his pockets, he smiled taking one last glance at the mirror. There wasn’t much to adjust anyway, not a hair out of place. It was just something he’d been accustomed to on a daily basis.

But today there was something different, there was a whole new load placed on his shoulders.

* * * * *

‘YAH! Pass me that !’ Sehun’s shout could be heard even from the corridor. ‘Whose might that be?’ Luhan walked in at the moment seeing Kai, Sehun and Himchan fighting over a piece of chicken.

‘That .’ Xiumin jerked a thumb at the trio before stuffing another mouthful of rice into his puffy cheeks.

‘Hyung, you look like a bun with that.’ Luhan poked his cheeks playfully. ‘Such a sight, seeing how you guys get along well with each other.’ He continued with an eye minimizing smile, making a circular action at the trio with his finger.

‘WHO SAID WE WERE GETTING ALONG?!’ The trio replied in unison and released their chopsticks at once before exchanging death glares. Meanwhile, Lay shrugged at their reply with a laugh and Luhan was fast to lift the piece of meat into the air before it fell back onto the plate.

‘Now this is mine.’ He said before the piece of chicken fell perfectly inbetween his thumb and index finger. He shrugged teasingly when the trio stared accusingly at their loss meat. That was before they each received a back-head-slap from Xiumin who somehow still have his mouth full.

The scene was hilarious, like nothing happened at all.

‘So you’re going again later right?’ Suho asked passing Luhan his meal, served hot from their Intelligent Cooker.

Luhan nodded simply before taking a sip of soup and took a glance at the Timer on the glass door. 9:20:55. He could make it just in time with Bionic even if he ate like a snail. There was plenty of time. Now, even the word Time doesn’t feel as insignificant as before.

‘Bring back some souvenirs this time?’ Kris winked and sat down beside him.

‘He isn’t even there to play.’ Youngjae appeared with D.O. and Zelo. Looked like they went to experience with some of their powers. D.O has a tube of Colourless in his hand. ‘Don’t drink it by accident.’ Luhan heard Zelo whispered.

It was weird seeing how everyone was starting to get along. Maybe, just maybe, merger could work somehow. But he couldn’t be sure whether Yongguk could think of the same. Finding him was still priority at the moment, he was sure that was B.A.P's concerns too. 

‘Come back in one piece.’ Zelo looked away as though embarrassed after saying. Luhan could only reply with smiles and nods, the fact was if this period together could foster a whole new friendship. Merger isn’t too far away from reality.

 

The best he could do now is to find Yongguk.

‘I’ll get going, see you guys...soon.’

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

This will be the only chapter on B.A.P's background but the intention is more or less there... The real romance will begin from the next chapter. And of course I haven't disclose Heejin's brother right? heehee and what happened to Yongguk and yea who is the mysterious guy from the library if you guys remember...

Thanks for the new subscribes and of course the upvotes! (; /tears up/