Chapter 8

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Luhan stared back at the girl he'd met few hours ago. Still feeling slightly light-headed he struggled to focus on her. Heejin stared back with widened eyes but seeing how the weird guy she 'saved' was still blinking and rubbing his nape continously, she got worried. 

'Nurse! Are you sure he's fine?' 

'Your boyfriend is perfectly fine! Kid are you doubting my caretaking skills now?!' The nurse shouted back in a slightly annoyed tone. But boyfriend? Him? No way. 

'Uhh..'

'Urm..' 

The two of them spoke at the same time. 'Ladies first.' Despite his dizziness, Luhan ain't gonna forget his basic manners. The main thing was, it has been forever since he last spoke to a female. In other words, they were like the true aliens to fellow EXO. But strangely enough, they were always too busy with other things than to be thinking about the other gender. 

Heejin swallowed and settled down on the visitor's chair beside his bed, starting with an awkward laugh. 

'So, apparently you can't be my boyfriend since I don't know you...' her voice trailed off at the last word rubbing her jaws with both hands nervously. 

'I know.' Luhan replied calmly managing a smile. In fact, after a long deep sleep he kind of formed a new plan in his head. 

'So, who are you?' She asked again. This time her gaze seemed to pierce through his hazel eyes. It was kind of stressful to look at, so he turned his attention at her tote bag instead. 

'Sorry for the late introduction. My name is Luhan.' He said in perfect down-to-earth manner, not forgetting how he was sitting straight while replying. 

Heejin nodded understandingly. Luhan, she whispered his name softly under her breath to remember it, but frowned again at the reason for doing it. Why should I? After this, I'm not gonna have anything to do with him. 

'Are you okay? here?' she asked again, drawing circles near her head. The guy stared at her blankly, seemingly unable to understand whatever she was getting at. Getting a little frustrated she let out a loud sigh. 'I mean... Mr... Luhan? Are you crazy?!' This time she draw big exaggerated circles with both her hands at her ears. 

Luhan frowned. Do I look crazy to her? "Miss, I'm perfectly fine...' he paused for a short while. '...I think?' 

Heejin took a deep breath and patted her chest a few times lightly. She don't get why she's wasting her time here with this guy who seemed to doubt his own humanity. 

'Who are you exactly. Details please details.' She asked again, thinking that maybe he could give her a detailed rundown of his origin since she was already thinking if he was a stalker.

Luhan took another short breath. His breathing was getting better than before, seemed like he was getting used to the air here, his throat no longer felt sand-glazed. At any point, this girl before him was the first person he met and the only one whom he could actually communicate with. He should tell her the truth. 

Opening his eyes slowly, he noticed the same piercing gaze. But this time, he decided to confront it. Seeing his sudden forceful gaze, Heejin looked away instead since his eyes were really beautiful and too deadly mesmerizing to look at. Luhan smiled at her reaction and cleared his throat. 

'I am not from around here.' He started slowly observing her expressions along the way. 'I live on a new planet called EXO a hundred years into the future. I have 11 other good buddies, similar to me we are all Genetically Modified Intelligience agents; we have somewhat superpowers.' he was saying the words really slowly, articulating every syllable and stopped when he noticed the change in Heejin's expression. 

Her jaws were literally hanging. At that very moment she wanted to run as far as she could because apparently, she 'saved' a legit crazy person who imagined himself to be some Sci-Fi agent from the future. She gulped and tightened her grip on her tote bag. 

'You...' 

'I am not crazy.' Luhan raised his hands truthfully. 

'But...' 

'I know this is hard to take in, because it is hard for me to take in what I'm seeing too.' He explained slowly still watching her movements. He finally heaved a sigh of relieve when she dropped the intention to run. 

'So.. you are from the future.' Heejin asked thought it was rather hard saying those words herself. She was actually begining to doubt her own sanity. 

'Yes I am.' 

'So.. you have "superpowers"...' she did that open and close brackets with her fingers. 

Luhan took a deep breath and regulated his breathing. It shouldn't be hard to show her right? Confidently, he raised his hand slowly focusing on the glass cup on the night stand. Heejin's gaze followed his uplifted hand.

But nothing happened. 

Taken aback himself, he lifted his hand again. Yet again, the cup didn't even budge. Nothing happened. Not-At-All. He took a deep breath, swallowing his horror. Putting his hand down slowly, he couldn't met the gaze of Heejin. Apparently she was even more sure of his craziness at this point of time. Either his brain has really gone haywire, or he was nothing but a swindler. 

'What do you want from me saying such a lie?' She stood up and backed away almost knocking over a pot of plant. 

'Nothing. Nothing. I want nothing. I wasn't sure why, I could... I don't know. I really don't know.' Luhan buried his face in his hands, totally shocked at the cold hard fact. Does that means I'll never be able to return? 

Heejin watched from a few feet away, if there was one weakness she was going to admit, that had to be her soft-heartedness. Taking a few small steps forward she mustered the courage to speak to him again. 

'So if okay, if you're really from... X something then, why are you here?' 

He lifted his head up slowly, his eyes slightly bloodshot, the hazel in his eyes darkened a little. 'I don't know..' Shaking his head he said. 'I've lost everything now. I'm nothing now.' his gaze was dazed and empty as thought he had already given up strength to continue living. But something hit the back of his mind. 

'Pocket Watch.' he said and jerked his head up again at Heejin who was slightly startled at his suddenly turned intense look in his dark eyes. 

'Watch? AH!' Without another word she dug into her bag and pulled out a golden looking watch. To her surprise, the watch was in a better condition. It was like someone polished it. The gold was dazzling under the light. 

She couldn't hide her amazement as she plazed the watch lightly at the edge of his bed. The furthest she could reach stretching her arm. 

Outside, it was almost twilight. Then her phone vibrated in her pocket. Chaeri again. Looked like she could really leave for real now. She took another look at the weird guy. His eyes seemed to regain their colours again as he picked up the watch lightly, carefully as though it was a real treasure. Could it be, it was real gold?! Heejin was unable to pull her eyes away from him. 

As much as she found him strange and dangerous, she was rather attracted to him at the same time. No matter how she looked at him, he was just too perfect to be a liar. But then again, it was impossible for an existence of a time machine. Meanwhile, her phone was still vibrating vigorously on her palm. Squeezing her eyes shut, she slid it back into her bag gave up picking it up. 

'This thing,' Luhan's gaze settled on the weight he held on his hand and grabbed Heejin's attention at the same time. 'This brought be here.' He said with a smile. Somehow this was the only thing he'd left and since it was something closest to him, it gave him a sense of belonging. Afterall on this foreign land, there was something that belonged only to him. The very thought of it brightened his mood. 

'That?!' Heejin's voice was almost a shriek. Too high pitched. Swallowing embarrasingly she sat down again on the chair, still wary of him though. 

'So you can use it to go back then!' She exclaimed a little too excitedly. But his face fell as he clicked the latch a few times as demonstration. 

'See, no matter what I do, it won't open. And I don't know how I end up here.' But just as he said that, he remembered Yongguk's forceful throw. An idea dawn upon him and he looked at Heejin hopefully with sparkling eyes. 'Maybe you can help me.' 

'Me? How?' 

'Take this.' He moved forward and grabbed her hand excitedly. Heejin flinched at his touch, his palm was really really warm as though he was having a fever. Is he? Putting the contrasting cold item on her palm he said with a smile. 'Now, throw it as hard as you can at me. Here.' and fisted his chest. 

'You. Are. Crazy.' Heejin wrinkled her nose at his absurd suggestion. In any case this thing has a certain weight and it could definitely become a murder weapon. And no, she wasn't going to kill someone before graduating. She shook her head terrified at the idea. 

'Don't worry. I'll be fine.' He said with an assuring smile. But actually, it was definitely a gamble. She might really kill him if it was a hard throw, since he could well be a normal human being as of now without his powers. 

Heejin grabbed the watch tightly, the protruding latch digging into her palm. 

Luhan watched her hopefully as she finally raised her hand. Somehow overwhelmed by a sudden anonymous courage she made the throw. It was a perfect throw. She was going to kill him. 

That didn't happened. 

With a really bright blazing light and an almost hyperventilating Heejin, there was nothing but an empty bed. 

He was gone. 

'And I haven't even told him my name...'