Chapter 27

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Daehyun stared at an old photo taken years ago with the Park siblings. Heejin hasn’t change much, she had the same old smile but noticeably not as bright as it was before. It was as if an invisible tint had shrouded her brightest of smiles from the world.

He was typing a message when his phone started buzzing. He sighed and picked it up. On the other side was an all so familiar voice. He straightened automatically hearing the authority from its tone.

‘No sir. I’m still working on it.’ He replied formally. Taking another look at the old photo, he slipped it between two random books that lay lonely on his far from full bookshelf. The voice from the phone was still talking when he took another glance remembering the names of the books.

‘Yes sir. I understand. I’m off to meeting them in ten,’ There was a long pause before Daehyun replied again. ‘Yes sir.’ Then the line went dead.

He sighed again. Of all confidentiality, he didn’t even know what Heejin’s parents were working on. Becoming a special agent was his dream, it was a dream come true. But investigating his very own childhood friends wasn’t what he’d signed up for.

He could still vividly recall the warm loving smiles on the Park couple when they welcomed him inside their house; the way Mr Park helped with pancakes while Mrs Park handed him a glass of milk. They were kind but he was definitely not going down with this dilemma. Not now. Not when this was his most important mission.

There was another puzzling event that had occupied his thoughts the whole week. That guy Luhan, he felt that he’d seen him somewhere. Was it in the Training School? He was so sure he’d come across that features somehow. Afterall, Luhan had a face far from common.

Shrugging the thought away as always, he grabbed his car keys and erased the message he had previously typed before dialing another number.

The line got through within a few rings.

‘Joon myun, where are you?’

________________

 

Luhan could see their apartment from his window. The lights were now on which means Chanyeol was home. Or she was home.

He squeezed his eyes shut and took a deep breath. The old leather felt rough under his fingers. Chanyeol had officially given their father’s old diary to him and he’d been analyzing the old research for the past week. Only that his efforts were futile.

But nonetheless, he’d come up with a theory to explain this situation or phenomenon, so he now concluded. And that is; he’d now “created” an alternate reality by coming here and changing the future indefinitely, or the future had already been altered by their father.

Flipping the diary open, he turned to the last page that was obviously empty and wrote a few words. He’d to try. If his theory was right, then this diary officially belonged to him as of now and maybe by any chance, might appear in the future, in his possession too. Maybe this was the only way he could tell the other members that he was doing more than fine. Or maybe not exactly fine fine… he brushed that thought away, now wasn’t the time to be distracted.

I have to tell Chanyeol and..Hee..jin. Yeah. Right now.

Slipping the diary back under his pillow, he ran out without another minute of hesitation. He was doing something big right here right now; he was changing the future again. What was going to happen when he by any chance met his own counterpart in this Time?

He could only hope that no such thing happens while he was here, if he could ever return. But he wasn’t sure if he wanted to at this moment.

Did you become a coward now huh Luhan? After coming here? He laughed to himself while making his way down.

__________________

 

Heejin was organizing her research for the day when her brother’s ringtone resounded through the cozy apartment.

She faintly heard her brother’s voice before he appeared outside her room with a smile. ‘Daehyun’s almost here. Let’s go jinnie.’

She was surprised for a moment again. Chanyeol rarely called her by that name, not after she started university, but recently he’d been calling her by that more often. She suspected it was his brotherly instinct at its peak though it was going to take her some time to get used to it again.

‘I’ll be right there. Just organizing one last bit of…’ She slipped a rough sketch of a hexagon back into a file and exited the room after her brother.

 

When they reached the ground floor, she spotted Luhan across the street. Their gazes met for less than a second but she was the one who averted his gaze. This, was going to take her some time to get used to too. In the corner of her eyes, Luhan had closed the distance between them.

‘Yo.’ She heard the slight awkward in Chanyeol’s voice too. Her gaze fell on Luhan again and found him looking right back at her. He flashed a serene smile in which she returned briefly.

‘Why are you here?’ She asked breaking the eye contact, embarrassed how her voice actually croaked.

‘I have something to tell the both of you.’ Luhan replied without a tremble in his tone.

Heejin scowled mentally at how calm Luhan was. It was like nothing had happened between the two of them. Either he practiced his expression day and night or he was a natural actor.

The sudden sound of car horns alarmed the three of them. Daehyun was waving at Heejin with almost half of his body outside the window.

She waved back exaggerating the smile on her face and sneaked a peek at Luhan, only to find nothing but the same trademark welcoming smile at the incoming male.

Daehyun’s ride came to a stop in front of them and he frowned after seeing Luhan. He’d totally missed the male. The fact that he only saw Heejin the moment he turned around the bend. The frown didn’t last however, due to the fact that Luhan was all but charmingly friendly.

‘Are you coming?’ He jerked a thumb at the back seats. ‘We’re going for a drink, why don’t you come along?’ So that I can find out more about you. He continued in his thoughts.

Much to his contentment, the other male agreed when Chanyeol nodded in agreement at the arrangement.

What Daehyun didn’t hear was Chanyeol’s inaudible whisper through that teeth showing wide smile. ‘We can talk about the rest after this.’ To which, Luhan acknowledged with a brief eye contact.

‘Heejin, come sit in front.’ Heejin was so glad he’d made this offer but apparently her dense brother didn’t quite understand her intentions.

‘I. Sit in front.’ There he goes again. Heejin rolled her eyes and mouthed a sarcastic ‘Thanks’.

So much for avoiding Luhan, now she has to sit beside him at the back. However, Luhan’s expressions had nothing to give away and that definitely annoyed her further. He even reached for the door, a mannerism of his that she rejected on purpose. ‘I’ll do it myself.’

It sounded harsh but that was her intention. Luhan shrugged lightly but went round the back to enter from the opposite side. In the rear mirror, Heejin saw that he’d stole a short glance at herself. Her lips curved upwards slightly as if victorious.

But of course, Daehyun had seen that too, a weird irritation round up in his chest, as he adjusted the rear mirror once again.

‘Let’s go. My friend’s already waiting.’ 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Is everyone spazzing over EXO's awesomely glorious comeback performances so far?! ASDGHK;ASFGHDLFASDGALSDL CAN WE HAZ DRAMA VERSION SOOOOOON????? MY KOKORO NAKUNATSU. 

Hee. Update! and <3 new subscribers! (: