Chapter 16

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Luhan couldn't quite shake the thought of Heejin's earlier expressions off his mind. That was a first. He haven't got so preoccupied with something before. And that Yongguk was more than annoyed when he had to repeat almost every sentence he said. 

'YAH ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?' He almost raised a fist but gave up. They were just a street away from his 'home'. That was when Luhan finally lifted his head up to take in the surroundings. 

The fact was, Heejin's apartment was just a few streets away. Yongguk lived right behind the school where all the private properties were, while Heejin was like living on the outskirts of the rich. 

He was just beginning to get use to the atmosphere in this planet or rather, getting used to Heejin. But unfortunately Yongguk was of top priority, there were some things he shouldn't dwell on. 

'We're here.' Yongguk said as they stopped before a three stories high bungalow, with their very own front yard. He pressed a button and came a voice through a black box. Female, sounded like the housekeeper.

'I'm home.' was all he said and the next second, the gates opened with a click. Luhan watched, not in awe but in surprised at how this system could even be secure. He shrugged again, remembering that this was a 100 years ago. 

Their living room was a hell of a grand sight. Extravagant looking chandeliers and expensive looking couches, even the coffee table looked posh. The man of the house must have an exquisite taste. A lady, dressed in a simple single coloured dress greeted them warmly and took Yongguk's bag immedaitely. 

'Tea for you and your friend?' She said after receiving the bagpack with a motherly smile. Yongguk turned to look at Luhan. 

'No thanks.' He said with another of his charming smile while Yongguk rolled his eyes. 

'Follow me.' The annoyed male said as they ascended the spiral stairs to the second floor. His room was the first door along the corridor and one thing that caught Luhan's attention was a poster of himself on the wall. 

'Narcissism much?' He commented upon sight but Yongguk rolled his eyes again, with a sigh though. 'That's him. Kyu Yong. So called 'me'.'

'If you theory is the truth, there might be someone who looked just like me somewhere in this world.' Luhan slumped into a fancy looking couch right away. But kept his eyes on the big poster. The fact is how the man in the picture bore such perfect resemblance as though it was Yongguk himself. 

'Where are the rest of the family?' He asked finally looking away from it and glancing around the spacious modern looking room. 

'Mom and da-.' Yongguk paused and swallowed. 'The couple are still at work.,' he glanced at the wall-mounted clock. 'Probably be back in a few hours. Minyoung will be back soon.' 

'Minyoung?' Luhan raised an eyebrow. But realised who that was. 'Your sister.' 

Yongguk shrugged. 'So to say she is.' He took a deep breath and continued right after. 'The thing was, they thought I've lost my memories and that they still call me Kyu Yong by the way.' 

Luhan nodded. That was one explanation for the reappearance of their missing son. But he noticed the strain in the other male's expression. 2 years. He was here for 2 years all alone and that he was lucky enough to have found a family who treats him well enough to develop an actual relationship and bond. There was a sudden empathy in his voice when he decided to speak again. 

'Do you want to stay for another week? I can go back and explain to the others on your behalf. Maybe we can start planning the migration details too.' Luhan rubbed his chin with two fingers and stared up at the ceiling. It was a calming paint of sky blue. 

Yongguk sat down in his bed, pondering over the suggestion. It wasn't really doing much help when he was all caught up in a delimma; dying to leave but couldn't bear to. He squeezed his eyes shut and Luhan gave him all the space and time by keeping really quiet. He actually took some time too, to wonder if he would be like him in his shoes. And the next thing was, Heejin popped up in his mind. He was going to miss the way she walks and stumbles. Absentmindedly, he let out a chuckle and Yongguk's eyes flew open. 

'Sorry.' He said regaining his control over his expressions. 

'I'll leave.' Yongguk said, with only a firm determination in those eyes. Seemed like he made up his mind. 

'We'll leave now.' That was a surprise actually. 

'Farewell?' Luhan gave him a puzzled look but he soon realised his intentions. Sometimes it might be better to disappear than to give them yet another hope. Yongguk shook his head and started writing a note on a blank piece of paper. When he was done he left it right in the middle of the table. 

'Shall we?' 

Luhan hesitated for a moment and glanced at the clock. It wasn't even 3. He took a deep breath. I could come back again for her. Then Yongguk broke his train of thoughts. 

'How do we get back?' good question. That was a factor Luhan missed. How is he going to bring back Yongguk. The Watch could only carry him and that Yongguk came here along with him was or could be a mere coincidence. He stared at the Watch for a long while.

'Let's try.' He said and raised his hand. 'It could be painful?'  

'Do it.' and he tossed the hard metal at the other male. What happened next was something of surprise. He vanished. Yongguk vanished in a blink of an eye. Was that how he looked like before Heejin? He frowned but nonetheless teleportation was a success in this case. Now the thing was he had to find Heejin to help him with his own return. 

Without another wait, he dashed through the doors and hastily bid the housekeeper farewell. The next thing he knew, he was running towards the university at full speed. Not only could he fulfil his promise, he might be able to keep another one this time. 

* * * * *

Heejin was exiting the classroom when she saw a familar figure in the middle of the coutyard. Her face lit up in plain happiness when she spot him, ever perfectly waiting. As though on cue, he spotted her too and flashed a bright smile before making his way towards her. 

Along the way, there were many other female students who were totally enticed by such beauty. There was just that sour feeling and Heejin rolled her eyes at them unconsciously. 

Her heart skipped a beat when he was at arms length. How can someone looked so perfect and.. is that sweat on his forehead? 

'Wha-' Her breath hitched when he pulled her into a strong embrace and her face flushed a strong scarlet when he realised how everyone else was staring, including Chaeri of course. 

'Thankyou. He returned so you have to help me.' Her face fell immediately. She wasn't an idiot. 

'You're leaving... for... real?' There was a tear jerking sensation at the back of her head and she swallowed in a sob. Luhan nodded into the small of her neck and pulled away. If a heart could shatter, her heart might be beyond repair. What pained her most was the glitter in his eyes. How this was all one-sided. 

She turned away and smiled. A smile too forceful. Thank god she suppressed a tear. Luhan didn't notice. She nodded silently and despite onlookers she took the Watch he grabbed in his hand and threw it at him. Hard and squeezed her eyes shut. She didn't care, not when he broke her heart so innocently. 

'Wha-' there was a cough. A rather jaggered one. Her eyes flew opened and there he was. kneeling down on one leg hand on his chest. 

'YOU DIDN'T DISAPPEAR?!' Heejin's voice was an octave higher as she stared at him, who was apparently in pain. And what lay beside him, was the Watch. Now snapped open. She bend down at once.

'I..I'm...' She couldn't find the right words. She was supposed to be sorry but then again, he stayed. Should she be happy then? 

'I'm sorry I...' Luhan shook his head and picked up the now mysteriously opened item. Something he went through all the troubles to get it open and then now it seemed all so ominous. A frown creased on his forehead and he looked at Heejin with a quizzical look. Then it dawn upon him that, he was still here, in school. He didn't leave, vanish, disappear, teleport, whatever word that came to mind couldn't explain what just happened. 

'H..ow...' It was Heejin doing all the talking. He held her gaze for a long while and felt for the first time how Yongguk must've felt; fear. 

'I.. I don't know.' 

 

____________________________________________

A/N:

Thankyou new subscribers! And for the comments~ :D