Reverse

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Chapter Song: Heart Attack - EXO

 

Heejin blinked slowly. The sunlight was blinding. How long has she been asleep?

‘Hey. You’re awake.’ Said a voice beside her.

She turned slowly as her vision focused. A lump stuck to as she tried to make out the person before her. Endearingly, softly, he smiled. Then sweetly, slowly, he leaned forward and kissed her forehead with his slightly parted lips.

Heejin held her breathe, unable to believe her eyes, unable to believe what he’d done. She pushed him away and sat up at once.

‘Luhan! What do you think you are doing?!’ she touched her forehead and glared at him accusingly. But what frustrated her more was the pain and magnified longing that followed. Why did you have to do that?!

Luhan frowned and shut his eyes briefly. Slowly, a smile appeared on his face. He took a deep breath and opened his twinkling bright eyes. They dazzled too much like stars in the night sky. Heejin looked away as moisture filled up the brim of her eyes.

He put an arm around her and pulled her closer. She could feel his breath on the small of her nape. That, was the last resistance. She buried herself completely within his warm embrace.

‘Nobody will know. Chanyeol won’t as long as we both kept silent about this.’ His voice was a soft whisper, but very convincing.

She brushed her head slowly against his chest. ‘But you know this is wrong.’ And felt his chest rose significantly and fell.

They were so close. Too close. There was no one to stop them. They could hide forever.

She felt his embrace tightened and he kissed the small of her nape once again. She squeezed her eyes shut. She wanted to push him away to keep a safer distance, but her body doesn’t react. Her body desired him, his touch and his inviting little pecks on her neck. When she didn’t. He did. He pushed her away abruptly, so hard she fell backwards...

 

Then her eyes flew open at once.

He, was nowhere to be found. She was alone. Never so alone in her room. A small tear rolled down from the corner of her eye. She wiped it away and realized she was crying. Turning over, she buried herself back under the sheets and sobbed.

Her heart hurt. So badly. The pain was excruciating, too unbearable that she could breathe. She couldn’t even catch her breath. Her dedicate hands were balled into knuckle-white fists, hugging her legs. She was afraid her brother was home, so she cried softly. Taking short sharp breaths almost every second. burned from all that suppressing.

At that moment she wished she’d never met him. Never seen him. Their path would never cross. Never ever and ever.

*****

 

Daehyun had brought Joonmyun over and the three males were staring at a blue-green colored file with a large font word in red on the very cover; CONFIDENTIAL.

‘How did you even get that?’ Luhan raised an eyebrow at the two other, who exchanged cautious looks.

‘I pulled some strings. But I think this is all we need to know about Luhan. 2013-Luhan.’ Joonmyun answered putting emphasis on the last word.

Luhan nodded and reached for the file, but Daehyun was even faster. The file was already in his hands. He held up the file and stared straight at Luhan.

‘You will not reveal this info to Chanyeol and, Heejin.’ Daehyun paused deliberately at the mention of her name and Luhan nodded again in agreement.

‘I think we have a deal.’ He replied and snatched the file from Daehyun’s hand.

Just as he was about to open the file, the Watch shook lightly on the table top alarming the three of them. They stared at the artifact and rays of light began seeping out from the cracks.

Both Joonmyun and Daehyun stared at Luhan in horror as his body began to dissipate. Daehyun in a deep breath of air as the male infront of them was almost completely translucent.

‘What happened?!’ Luhan panicked and stared at his own disappearing hands.

‘What.. the…actual…’ Joonmyun stuttered and before he could even finish his sentence. Luhan was gone. Completely. Vanished into thin air, along with the Watch.

‘Is this real?’ Joonmyun turned towards the equally horrified Daehyun and then at the empty space Luhan left. Almost on reflex, he reached over and touched the spot where Luhan sat. Immediately, he pulled his hand away.

‘It is definitely warm.’

 

*****

 

 Chanyeol was staring at the Watch for almost the whole day but he had no idea how to deal with it. Xiumin and the rest were back again with no other leads in Park Dong Hoon’s Lab. They were almost on the verge of giving up.

Suddenly he thought he saw the thing moved. It was just a slight vibration but he definitely felt it.

He sat up immediately and called everyone near him.

Then the Watch popped open suddenly and a blinding light filled the space.

When they could open their eyes again. They couldn’t even believe what they were seeing.

‘Woah.. this place sure got a whole lot messier.’

Chanyeol’s eyes were almost about to pop and his jaws hung dramatically open.

Xiumin was the first to react this time as he put an arm around the male giving him a tight brotherly embrace.

‘It really is you.’ He said, pushing the other male outwards to have a better look.

Almost as if on cue, everyone’s reaction came at once in unison, both EXO and B.A.P.

‘LU FREAKING HAN! YOU ARE BACK!’ Yongguk lightly punched Luhan on his right chest.

Even though still very much in shock, Luhan smiled, probably the brightest the first time after so long. A tear drop flickered in the corner of his doe-like eye.

 

‘I’m back. I’m back.’