Chapter 10

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

Chaeri raised an eyebrow even though she was trying to contain her shock from escaping through . It wasn't just a normal university student standing infront of her. Or was he even from this uni? It didn't really help when the male in question was smiling at her with such burning charisma. 

'And you are?' said Chaeri while Heejin held her breath nervously and frowned at her best friend. 

'He's... just a friend.' Heejin beat Luhan to it while he raised an eyebrow in her direction. Heejin shook her head in an indication to ignore her friend completely. 'It's late, let's go.' Picking up the fallen books quickly, she dragged Luhan by his wrist.

'Not so fast.' Chaeri was right, her words froze Heejin on the spot while Luhan continued his innocence for not knowing what's going on. 

'YAH! Lee Chaeri , are you doubting that I actually have such a handsome friend?!' That did it. Heejin rubbed her temples immediately. Luhan's espression turned brighter in an instant and stared at her with the same usual dazzling eyes. Is that even natural?

'So you think I'm handsome.' Another smirk appeared on his face, but he did the unexpected; he held her hand with a wider grin. 

'I guess we don't have to hide anymore.' Luhan started still holding her gaze and watched as her eyes widened in shock. She was about to say something but stopped. A part of her wanted to know what he planned to do. His touch sent an overwhelming warmth and security down her very soul. She couldn't quite look away when she could see her own reflection in his hazel eyes. Her heart skipped a beat. 

He turned away to face Chaeri, whose arms were still crossed in her commando stance. 

'Don't tell me....' She started while staring at their clapsed hands. 

'Let me introduce myself again then,' he squeezed her hand once. 'I'm Luhan, her boyfriend.' 

'WHAT?!' there was both voices; Heejin's and Chaeri's. Luhan wrapped an arm around Heejin this time, somehow he himself was feeling a little lightheaded at his own actions. 

'PARK HEE JIN!' Chaeri's loud voice resonated through the dark corridor, probably alarming one or two unfortunate students. Heejin jumped in shock at her friend's reaction even though Luhan's firm hand was keeping her stable. 

He leaned closer and whispered in her ear. 'Now that I know your name, Park-Hee-Jin.' his very voice sent butterflies in her stomach, especially when he was saying her name. Somehow, she liked it; her name sounded y when he said it. But she rolled her eyes nontheless just to put up a cool front. 

'Since when did you get a boyfriend?! How can I not know?! Did you guys even meet?! I was always around you how did I-' Chaeri blabbered on and on until Heejin raised a finger to her lips. 

'We only communicated through text messages. We met in a cafe a month ago and-' 

'I was asking her not asking you.' Chaeri stopped Luhan midway still managing her narrowed eyes to stare at the couple, then she pointed a finger at Heejin. 

'We met in a cafe and I asked him for his number.' Heejin sped through her sentence with her eyes squeezed shut. She was never good at lying but the warm hand on her shoulders gave her some sort of motivation. 

Luhan smiled warmly. He felt like he was meeting her parents for the first time. 

'How old are you?' Chaeri asked, now keeping her eyes fully focused on Luhan. 

'23.' He replied calmly.

'Are you a student?' 

'No. I'm an agent.' 

'AGENT?! As in working for the government!?' Chaeri exclaimed in surprised, somehow her espression showed something else. Luhan nodded after a while and she dragged Heejin to her side at once, flashing Luhan a quick smile before whispering into her ears while the two of them back-faced him.

'YARH! WHERE DID YOU FIND HIM? AN AGENT?' a loud whisper indeed, while Luhan heard everything perfectly and cleared his throat in amusement. 

Heejin turned around and rolled her eyes. Agent? Seriously... 

Chaeri turned back with a wider smile, too wide. 

'Where do you live?' 

'Private property?' 

Chaeri let out another gasped. 

'Truth?' 

'I wouldn't lie to my girlfriend's friend.' 

Chaeri nodded again. 

'And your parents? Are they agents too previously?' 

'Yah! Lee Chaeri! You're asking too much.' Heejin cut in but Luhan just smiled and pulled her back to his side swiftly, like he knew the way she should move. 

'My parents have passed away.' 

Chaeri's eyes widened in obvious glee but maintained her composure knowing the seriousness of losing his parents. 

'And inheritance...' her voice drifted away but Luhan knew exactly what she was asking for. 

'Some.' That was what he replied but obviously Chaeri has already interpreted it in her own way. 

'I APPROVE!' She exclaimed with a wide smile while half dancing her way past the couple, probably imagining some other things on her own. 

'And we are finally alone.' Luhan said after Chaeri disappeared in a corner. 

'What was that about?' Heejin moved away from him, but the dimly lit corridor only made him ier. The shadows his long and thick lashes casted were just magical to even look at. She caught a breath and crossed her hands. 

'Now you're acting like your friend.' Luhan laughed melodiously. Her heart skipped a beat once again. 

'You don't say.' She swallowed and managed a bashful smile hoping that he didn't realise the blush on her cheeks.