Chapter 43

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

Heejin’s gaze shifted from the streets to the sun that was disappearing in a distance, behind the skyscrapers downtown. The process painted the sky a warm romantic shade of orange-pink. She couldn’t help but got herself immersed at this moment.

‘I didn’t know you guys had a rooftop all to yourself.’ She said without shifting her gaze.

Luhan shrugged with his proud smirk and slowly walked towards her. She was too absorbed in the breathtaking view to realize the proximity of him behind her. He smiled playfully and wrapped his arms securely around her small frame.  She jumped a little in surprise but let him while she leaned comfortably against his chest. She could almost feel his thumping heartbeat against the small of her back.

While the sun set in a distance painting a perfect shade into this picture, she realized the rims of her eyes were moist with fresh warm tears that threatened to fall any second. She didn’t want to cry, to ruin the mood. But the moment was beyond perfect, she loved how she belonged in his arms like they were made for her; they were but tears of happiness.

Luhan saw her wiping away a drop of tear from the corner of her eye and tightened his embrace in return before speaking softly, his face resting lovingly against her head.

‘The rooftop belongs to you too now.’ He said. She could hear the smile that followed in his voice and smiled too.

‘I’m so glad this wasn’t a dream.’ Heejin said while he kissed her hair.

‘I’m so glad to be back.’ Luhan added and she traced circles with her thumb on the back of his arm.

Taking a deeper breath, he spun her around carefully, meeting her gaze.

‘Do you have any idea how happy I was when I found out that we aren’t related?’ He said with those strong gazes staring back at the girl before him. Heejin touched his cheeks and he closed those eyes briefly, only to open them again with an even softer expression.

‘Though I was even more surprised to find out how I was actually adopted.’ He continued with a smiled, but it didn’t reach those beautiful eyes.

‘I’m sorry.’ Heejin whispered, another tear fell from the corner of her eye. His thumbs lightly brushing against her cheeks, cupping her face dearly.

‘Silly, why are you apologizing. Isn’t it all good now that I came back?’ He said with a genuine smirk now. She laughed at how he always made seriousness into funny in a matter of seconds.

‘Yes my hand~some charming prince from ou~ter space.’

They laughed together while he planted a surprise kiss on her forehead. Blood rose to her cheeks at once while she tried to look away, avoiding his teasing gazes. He chuckled at that lovable reaction and pulled her back in, into a warmer tighter embrace. 

‘So how do we explain to Daehyun about it? Is he really working for the traitor?’ She said and felt him giving her arms a squeeze.

Park. Blank. Hee. Senseless. Jin, should I chain you up instead? How dare you think about another guy in my comfortable arms. Are you really doing that to me?!’ Luhan pouted and raised his voice playfully. Hearing how she was laughing at his "outburst", he nudged the small of her neck with the tip of his nose.

Heejin only laughed harder, meanwhile trying to wriggle away from his playful and ticklish gestures. ‘Lu. Pabo. Han. I think I should chain you up instead!’

When he sighed finally, taking a break finally from teasing, she pushes him away gently so that they were of arm’s length, so that she could see his expressions, his eyes; him. 

He tapped her forehead casually before speaking again.

‘We’ll be getting busy from here on, a fight will be inevitable with Daehyu-, that person's side. We think that Daehyun was just following orders and that he was trying to find that diary.’ Luhan explained with a more serious expression. Heejin nodded without shifting her gaze or saying another word, in fact she was even slightly starstrucked at his grace and cool. She liked how his eyes seemed to sparkle, changing from a soft loving gaze to deep and charismatic in an instant. There was too much to love about him, she couldn't even begin counting. If love was really a blind matter, she would gladly be blinded by this dazzling star. 

‘You remember the diary right?’ He asked, breaking her thoughts. 

Heejin nodded immediately. ‘It should still be in the drawers. I feel so weird now, I feel like I lived twice.’

Luhan patted her shoulders lightly while his lips pursed into a thin line, an expression almost like a proud father. ‘Well done baby, that’s my girl.’

That earned him a light punch in his chest and an appalled gaze, but he liked it. He liked how she would roll her eyes and bit her lower lips in a mixture of defeat and disbelief. God, he missed her so very much. 

‘I will need you to bring it to us. If, that’s okay.’ He asked eyeing at her cautiously for confirmation. But of course, she nodded again with a smile. ‘Yes sir!’

‘If talking can solve this, we would really want to explain this whole ordeal to Daehyun, but judging from his reactions earlier on, I guess I might have successfully trashed that chance. And probably broke his tragic heart.’

Heejin gave his chest another strengthless punch but turned into sincere mode again. ‘We can try again, I can-‘

‘No. You. Don’t. You do nothing except to be safe where I can see you.’

‘Like how you already transferred to our school?’

‘That’s right.’ Luhan smiled that proud smile of his again and Heejin could only sighed dramatically in defeat. ‘Look what I got myself into.’

'My love trap?' He laughed, a laughter so charming yet adorable at the same time that her heart skipped a beat.

‘We’ll start from the diary and Daehyun as of now.’ He continued indifferently with a shrug. She wouldn't want to admit it but he was nowhere near wrong. They could do nothing now but to go with the flow. Firstly, they would have to start with Daehyun, hoping to change this rivalry attitude, he developed just hours ago against them, into something more beneficial to them. But before all this, there was a sudden realization that came to Heejin, as if she was hit with a very shocking piece of news. 

‘Firstly, actually I think we’ll have to start from my Oppa and Chaeri.’ Heejin said while staring at him with a deep helpless frown. She didn't even want to imagine the whatever possible reactions Chaeri would give. again. 'It could be good living life again though. Especially with Chaeri.'

Luhan chuckled too, remembering that unforgettable 'Chaeri-Interrogation'. ‘Well let’s not think about that, for now,’ he paused. ‘I'm back. Nice to see you again. We'll have to continue from where we left off.’ Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, he searched he eyes for a reply.

As if she'd heard his thoughts, Heejin gave him the sweetest smile that he could remember seeing. A smile that lit up his world, the girl that made up his world. 

‘Welcome back.’ She said, before taking a small step forward and found his lips, on a dreamy tiptoe.