Chapter 7

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Heejin watched in awe at the man, who was asleep as of the moment. His eyelashes were long and thick, casting a light shadow below his eyes. He seemed so vulnerable. 

'How long is he going to be asleep?' She asked the nurse on duty. 'He's just too tired and suffered a heat wearing those clothes.' the nurse replied jerking a thumb at his jacket now hanging on a chair. 

Heejin took another glance at the man then at his jacket, a frown creased on her forehead. 'Why would someone wear such a thick jacket walking around in this hot weather?' she murmured and wiped the beads of sweat from his chin gently. 

'Who are you?' she asked not exactly expecting an answer but was startled by the loud vibration from her phone on the table top. Without a need to guess, it was Chaeri. Crap! I totally forgot about going to class. 

Heejin took one last look at the unconscious man. 'I'll be back in a few hours!' She shouted back to the nurse while making a dash for the doors before picking up the call. 'Coming, coming, coming, I was talking to a senior and forgot the time. Sorrrrryyy.' 

Hanging up immediately, she can't believe she'd actually made up a lie for someone whom she'd only met for an hour. Even though it was still a mystery to whoever he was, Heejin couldn't help but feel unusually attracted to him. Whoever he was, finding out about his identity would have to wait for now. 

On the way back she noticed something round on the flight of stairs they met. Curious, she walked closer and realised it was a rather antique looking pocket watch. 'Is this something he dropped?' she picked it up and realised it had some weight to it, however she couldn't flick it open no matter how she pressed the top latch. Since there wasn't time to go back to the nurse room, she simply slipped it inside her tote bag and ran up to class as quickly as possible. 

------

He was walking slowly on a dried field filled with nothing but debris and wreckages. Keeping his calm he glanced around hoping to find other survivors. Further away he saw a small figure. It got bigger as he approached and realised that he was looking at the back view of a girl. 'Hello?' He called but his throat felt as though it was rubbed by sand paper. Despite his calls, the girl only walked further away and soon disappeared from his sight. Suddenly, his surroundings turned into total darkness and he felt the uncomfortable sensation of falling... 

Luhan's eyes flew open. He was panting the moment he woke up from the weird dream. Who was she? But his dream wasn't his concern for now. In front of him stood a lady in white uniform, and he had a weird needle attached to the back of his hand. Pulling it out at once, he winced at the pain but struggled to get out of bed, to get out of this foreign place. 

The nurse noticed that he was awake and was shocked he attempted to get out of bed in such a condition. Rushing over immediately she tried to put him back down to bed but was pushed away instead. 

Grabbing his jacket on the chair, Luhan dragged his feet out of the room with a still blurry vision. Then an image of another girl popped into his head. He have yet to thank her for saving his life, but again he has no idea where he was. He fell down again at the door while the nurse attempted to help him up again. This time he compromised. 

He took another deep breath and winced again. The air smelled different here, and his throat felt like acid. Just an hour ago he had suddenly appeared in this place, surrounded by art pieces and weird soil smell. But the main thing was how uncomfortable he felt breathing, it was like nothing entered his lungs. He could almost feel the dust particles running down his windpipe. He thought he was going to die until he bumped into someone. 

It was a while since he last saw a female around, since living near the EXTRASOLAR with 11 other males had totally kept them away from town where all the girls were. Not that he cared, but he was amazed at how things worked here. It was a place where the sky was blue and bright. 

He lay down slowly with the help of the nurse. 'Stop moving around, your girlfriend will come and visit you up in a few hours.' She said pulling a thin layer of sheets over his upper body. 

Girlfriend? He tried to ask but the most he could manage was opening his mouth, but not a sound came from his burning throat. 

'Why do you even wear such a thick jacket around? Young man, this isn't the right way to impress your girlfriend. It's summer now my dear.' The nurse continued to mutter while re-attaching the needle into his hand. He winced but there wasn't any pain actually, his body was numb. He didn't even have the strength to open his eyes now. 

'Ahhh, the two of you are such a good match, you'll have to treat her better once you recover okay? But for now please try acting like a real human. Did you see how worried she was? Looks like the world is fair afterall, handsome looks but..weird habits.' 

He frowned. She was worried? That girl? My girlfriend? Apparently he couldn't quite comprehend most of what the nurse was trying to tell him. But he was grateful anyway hearing that she was worried. 

Luhan clenched his jaws tightly as he tried breathing really slowly, two short breaths at a time. He couldn't stay here forever. 2013? He remembered her saying. Chanyeol's words popped into his mind and a sudden realization dawn upon him. He had time jumped to the past and if he wasn't wrong, this strange place is none other than the Earth Chanyeol had been talking about since forever. 

However, horror struck him almost as immediately as the thought came to him. The last thing he remembered was seeing a bright light from his Pocket Watch. Come to think of it he hadn't seen it after putting it into his pocket after he appeared here. He trying feeling for it in the pockets of his pants but they were empty. He tried to sit up again to double check his jacket but he was out of strength. Even his fingers hurt trying to move. 

Another horrifying thought dawn on him; what if this is a point of no return? Terrified by the thought, he used all of his remaining strength to sit up despite the pain that was coursing through his very veins. But eventually he couldn't win over his own body. 

It was like something hard hit him on his head and he fell back into the depths of darkness once again.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hahaha @j0ngi3, looks like the awkward moment didn't happen. :P

Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed reading! (: