Chapter 52

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

‘How will they arrive?’ Luhan is speaking through an ear piece now. Ji Hyun Jin’s words hung in the back of his mind. He wasn’t sure what the surprise will be, but he can only wish that it will not disrupt their plan.

‘We will never know.’ Park’s words hung in the air.

A Plan.

Luhan scoffed bitterly. There wasn’t even an actual plan. It was just a lie to deceive Heejin. She would never have agreed to whatever their last resort was.That last resort was the “plan”. Whether Ji Hyun Jin succeeds or not, each and every one of them will make sure to follow through. But Ji has to die, definitely.

He suddenly regrets not kissing her back then before he left, but there was already no turning back. He enters a room and was welcomed by two uniformed rows of men by his sides. At his command, they turned in unison and he led them to the North Gate.

Just briefly, before the gate overhead slid open, Luhan closed his eyes and pictured Heejin’s smile. When those eyes opened again there was nothing that indicated softness.Nothing more or less than his resolve to put an end to this silent war, and the resolution to take a life if the situation demands even if it meant killing his own brothers. Perhaps it was his love for them to get him to make such a decision.He would rather be the one to end their lives than to have them join the enemy forces. But on another thought, which he chose not to think about, EXO's skills were too powerful and unique and if they were to use B.A.P's 'Colourless' ...

He reached into his left pocket and feel the soft fabric in his finger tips. It was the mask Yongguk had developed. Supposedly similar by not exactly 100% effective to the ones they wore when they first invaded EXOPLANET. The substance in the special material was supposed to be able to withstand and counter their unique poison.But of course, they were hoping that both EXO and B.A.P will still be communicable. He knew how absolute 'Association's' orders were. Irony that they were actually their real enemy.

Luhan sighed and pull out his hand.

No use wasting time and brain cells. It's either victory or total annihilation.

 

*****

Heejin watched as Luhan emerged from the ground. Within a minute the formation was completed. They’ve formed a perfect square leaving a vast space in the middle. She know almost close to zero about formations so she didn't even try to figure. Whatever it was, dad must have put some thoughts into it.

Something tugged at her heart strings when she saw Luhan standing right where she could see him, hands on his hips, feet slightly apart. There was a certain charm and aura to his almost relaxed stance. Heejin was waiting for the moment he would look up but he didn’t even try to steal a glance. Dejected she turned to the screens and hit a green button on the control panel. Her dad’s face popped up in an instant. One minute in this room already felt like a whole century and she frowned at at her dad in the screen. Maybe it should be a good time to ask about the actuality of this 'box' formation.

‘Do they just appear out of nowhere or do they land like superstars right in the middle of the formation?’ That was a rather logical question she thought, because the square formation has in fact, left the enemy party no space to enter other than from the sky or materialize out of thin air. Or they could have charge in from the south leaving only Dongwoo and Hoya to fend or engage the enemy.

'I'm betting that they'll materialize right in the middle. I know that guy. He loves challenges. Judging from his video message, he's too confident to not land right in the middle of his enemy's lair.'

There was a look on her dad's face that she found familiar. And she realized it was how Luhan look when he was focused. The sparkle in their eyes was hauntingly similar. She hugged her arms consciously. She didn't even realized how much she was actually trembling. Will they win? Is it all just a bet?

'Are you confident?' She asked and her dad only gave her a firm nod. There was a beeping sound and someone typing from her dad's. 'I got to go now. We've detected something from our radar.' He said and his eyes almost looking directly into hers. 'Keep safe.' And the screen snaps to black.

Heejin felt the strength leaving her body at her dad's words. They've detected something now. They're coming. It was just a matter of time.

She stood up abruptly almost knocking over the chair and stared at the army of figures below. They were her friends and that this battle is a matter of life and death. A shudder ran down her spine at the last word. The army had half of their faces covered with black masks now and the formation was now a big circle.

Then as if the skies opened up, there was a bright streak of light that seemed to connect the earth to the sky, then it vanished as soon as it happened and a party now stands in the middle of that circle. Heejin gasped and took a step back. Her dad was right.

But to her surprise, the party was small. Very small. It was only no more than twenty people. Where were the men in black they spoke of? Then she spotted that one person in the middle of them tiny circle. He must be the one they were after.

It was then her eyes spotted another familiar looking person. She couldn't believe her eyes. There he was, that tall build she was so familiar with. Then she remembered what Luhan told her. This Chanyeol is not her brother. Then she saw Daehyun there too. It was a funny feeling, it was like seeing twins. Her heart echoed in her ears as she waited for either of them to make the first move. But no one did.

Then in a split second, to Heejin's horror, a male from the party now stands before Luhan a blade against his throat. Luhan was fast enough to have his hand raised too. That was when she realized something bright in his hand.

He too had a knife slipping out from under his fingers, against the other guy's throat.

 

_______________________