Chapter 49

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

‘Now we wait.’

Her father’s words rang in her ears. The rest of them have been dismissed to their respective guest rooms, leaving her in the cold blue-ish wide bedroom once again. Everything was so silent, the perfect setting to get her thinking. Straining her ears, she could almost make out the sounds of moving air across the ventilation vents above the ceiling.

She kept her eyes closed, letting the words sink in slowly.

‘Who am I? Am I Heejin? Which Heejin? How many Heejin are there?’ She questioned the emptiness and sighed. Overthinking. She sighed again, this time a long defeated sigh.

She focused on a white dot behind her closed eyelids and then watched it slowly spread like white ink until the whole of her eyelids were bright white. As if some unknown source had hacked into her mind, she began seeing images or rather memories, of Daehyun, Chaeri and her brother. Those memories that she’d supposedly forgotten;

Daehyun handing her a stalk of rose on one knee. Daehyun kissing her forehead lightly as gently as ever. Daehyun carrying her, bridal style into a spin and her own hands wrapping tightly around his neck...

Her eyes flew opened at once and gasped for air. What the hell are those? My memories?!

She knew those memories belonged to her, she felt the reality of those images but at the same time the moments with Luhan felt as real as those. She looked at her palms in disbelief and then at her own reflection in the floor to ceiling wall-wide mirror.

Those were definitely her exclusive memories - Heejin’s memories. A teardrop fell and landed on the back of her hand. The emotions she felt from those sudden flashbacks were definitely real. But they seemed to belong to the other Heejin, not her.

But why did they come back now?

All these time she was caught in denial. Complete denial of the reality she lived in and instead holding on dearly to the every crisp memories of Luhan. They were probably how her life would turn out to be if she hadn’t met Luhan.

But it isn’t the time to think about these. Sniffling, she wiped her useless tears away with the back of her hand.

_ _ _ _ _ _

 

Luhan sat in his room, a shade of grey and white themed. The overwhelming information he’d heard from the meeting minutes ago still confused him a little, especially the part about Heejin. But no matter which Heejin this one was, he’ll still love her. In fact, he was glad to come here, to have met her. She’d changed him in a way he himself would never have believed possible. He’d learned how to love. He took out the Watch that Park Dong Hoon passed him at the end of the meeting. As usual, he lifted it effortlessly with his power. He realized he hadn’t been able to buy her any gifts. He’d never actually planned a surprise.

‘We wait huh?’ he twirled the watch a 360 degrees and smiled bitterly.

Who knew what was going to happen when Ji Hyun Jin brought in the rest of the boys and his identical looking creepy minions. What he knew was, if there comes a time he had to make a choice, he’ll have to give this to her. He had got to. That could be the one only thing that reminded her of him.

 

‘Where am I?’

‘You’re in…Seoul?’

‘What year is it?’

‘2013? Is this a hidden camera joke? This is all a prank right?’

‘Who are you?’

‘Why do you care? …Weird.’

 

He smiled at the memory, still so vividly etched in his mind. The first day they met seemed like it was only yesterday.

There was a knock on the door and he snapped out of his thoughts.

‘May I come in?’ it was Park Dong Hoon’s voice through the speaker.

‘Sure. Of course.’

And the door opened. Luhan winced at the sound, because the air releasing sharp sound when the door open wasn’t quite to his liking, that one con living here.

‘There’s something I have to talk to you about.’

------

 

Heejin was about to exit the room when Luhan’s voice came through the speaker.

‘Come in.’ she said, waiting eagerly for the door to open, even though it was just a less than one second ordeal.

When the door clicked open, Heejin crashed into his arms at once. Luhan took a surprised step back but regained his balance holding her closely to his chest.

‘How are you doing?’ He whispered into her hair. It’s really a wonder and a mystery how her hair always manage to smell so nice. His lips curved naturally into the probably the most gentle smile he’d ever had.

‘Missing you.’ Heejin replied and Luhan could feel her warm breath seeping through his shirt, warming up the area where his heart is. He beamed at the feeling. It’s wonderful, perfect but at the same time his smile died down a little. Because, it was too perfect that he was even more afraid to lose her.

Heejin lifted her head off his chest and looked up. She could see her reflection in his eyes when their gazes locked; the same warm hazel colour, just like the day when they first met.

Luhan tilted his head to the side wondering why she was looking at him like that, but she only shook her head with a smile that turned her eyes into thin lines.

The door closed behind them but this time the sound didn’t bother Luhan. Neither of them spoke, but they probably were having a conversation with their eyes.

Cupping her face, he leaned in closer for a kiss. He smiled a little when she closed her eyes, waiting expectantly. He could’ve right then in the past, but this time he didn’t.

As if the sparks between them had set his heart on fire, he found those soft lips immediately.

There was something, very different about this kiss. Heejin felt it while she wrapped her arms around his waist, curling her fingers on his shirt, pulling him a little more closer than ever. So close that sent another wave of electricity through her when their bodies pressed together.

He wasn’t holding back and responded her embrace with more needy and possessive kisses. He could hear his own heartbeat echoing in his ears with every touch he felt from her fingertips. The back of his eyes stung and he realized how they were gasping for air, but he didn’t want to stop. There was a lump at the back of his throat and he wrapped his arms around her waist tighter as he slowly guided them towards the couch.

His lips never left hers but they trembled so slightly, yet she’d felt it. Her eyes flew open and saw the frown on his forehead. Her hands moved to his chest and pushed lightly yet he didn’t pull away. She felt the couch at the back of her knees and let his weight fell on her. She knew how he must’ve felt, the weight of ‘Saving the world’ crashing on his already tired shoulders, but she also knew it was something she would never fully understand. So all she could give him, hopefully helping, was this moment.

His hands rested lightly on her waist, a knee up supporting his own weight so he doesn’t crush her beneath him. His kisses were now slow, gentle pecks. When he opened his eyes again, she was looking back at him. His lips curled upwards and landed a chaste peck on the tip of her nose, then to her eyelid and ended on her forehead.

‘That, was different.’ Heejin teased with a grin, poking his sides playfully. Luhan jerked a little and grabbed her waist keeping her still before he counter attacked with his tickles.

‘Alright. Alright. I… I admit defeat. Stop stop stop.’ She wiggled helplessly while Luhan let out a loud chuckle and rested his forehead against hers, they were both panting a little.

‘Your head’s really heavy.’ She said and tapped the tip of his nose with her index finger. He returned with a suggestive grin.

‘Shall we continue from where we left off?’

Heejin gasped and tried to push him away but he didn’t even budge. Instead he laughed, still holding her still by her waist.

‘My dad will skin you alive.’ She pouted.

‘He won’t.’ he winked.  

‘ert.’ She looked away from his intense gazes. They were actually making her nervous. She could hear her loud beating heart in her ears and was so afraid he could hear them too.

He laughed and brushed his lips against her nose. ‘I’m a man after all.’

‘YAH LUHAN!’ she tried to push him away again. She could feel her face heating up but he ain’t backing down too. ‘You have nowhere to run. Park Heejin you can’t escape now.’ he said and crushed his lips against hers once again, pushing the thoughts in his head further and further into the back of his mind.