Chapter 19

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

She must've fell asleep, if not for the loud knocks on her door, she wouldn't have sprained her neck jerking up from the cold hard floor. Rubbing her eyes tiredly she stood up slowly, one hand massaging her strained neck, the other opened the door. 

The two males of the household stood before her, eyes widened in surprise. Her hair was in a mess and Chanyeol was so sure that was some drool on the corner of her lips. Twirling his index finger at his own lips, he watched as her pupils dilated. Before one could say anything, the door slammed shut again. 

'Wrong time.' Luhan whispered, stifling a chuckle. 'So... about dinner?' He turned to the other male who still considered him a rival in some sense. Not that the previous 2 hours of awkward conversations helped. 

'She'll be out in probably another 5 minutes. Since, you've...we've caught her off guard.' Chanyeol shrugged indifferently but his inner self was punching a sand bag. He took another glance at the pretty boy and frowned. Boyfriend... His sixth sense just couldn't agree with the situation. This gorgeous thing, being the first other human that his sister brought home apart from Chaeri, proved to be a rather interesting observation target. At that thought, his inner self grinned widely. 

 

Meanwhile Heejin collapsed right after she slammed the door shut. Then the horror washed over her as she caught sight of her reflection in the mirror.

'I LOOK HIDEOUS!' She almost screamed.

Her hair was in tangles and all over the place and her eyes were puffy and her face looked swollen. Ruffling her hair in frustration she buried her face into her knees again. The thought of Luhan seeing her like that only embarrassed her further. She wondered if he laughed, but somehow she was sure he did. Dammit! She quickly got up and combed her fingers through the tangles and grabbed a new shirt but the thought of Luhan witnessing her unglam look-of-the-day haunted her every second. 

By the time she was ready, her whole face was red with embarrassment and the next challenge for her was whether to feign sickness or to walk out like a boss. Then of course, she turned the door knob. 

 

The males were in the kitchen. It was like a scene from a flower boy korean drama. She'd knew how handsome her own brother was and the amount of love letters he'd collected in his high school days, but seeing him beside the ever sun bright dazzling male god... she paused. Since when did she gave him such a nickname? But she shook her head and resumed her own little fantasy nonetheless. They looked great together; especially with those cartoon aprons. Without her knowing, a small smile crept up her cheeks. 

Dinner was simple pasta and cream of mushroom. She noticed the clumsiness in Luhan's actions. After all his glamour and grace, it was quite a sight. As if he was actually rather restless than enjoying the cooking process like her brother. 

Chanyeol turned at the moment, caught sight of Heejin and of course that shy smile on her face as her gaze followed Luhan around. He cleared his throat loudly and rolled his eyes. The throat clearing caught Heejin's attention at once and she pursed her lips tightly as she sat down as graciously as she could. Luhan turned around then with a bowl of soup and smiled ever so brightly as he saw her. 

'Right on time indeed.' and he winked, un-necessarily. One thing he didn't realise was that the wink almost stopped her heart. Heejin looked at her plate immediately and twirled the pasta with her fork, totally flustered.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol moved faster taking the seat opposite Heejin at once while Luhan managed a weak smile. Of couse he would, he could read Chanyeol like an open book. Over protective brother? Check. Rivalry instincts? Double check. Not gonna let him near his sister while at home just to make sure he doesn't turn into a beast? Check Check Checked. He almost giggled at the hilarious last point of Chanyeol's Sister-Must-Protect list. 

He took the seat beside Chanyeol consciously and took a glance at Heejin. He had to admit how she made him feel, he was sure it wasn't something romantic. He just knew he couldn't leave her alone not after all that she'd done, and then again that flush on her cheeks was something he quite adored. He shrugged slightly at his own thoughts and dig in, letting the sweet taste of tomato sauce take over his hunger. Afterall, cooking in this time was indeed quite a chore, especially when he almost blew up the microwave minutes ago. 

He took another look at Heejin naturally, who intentionally used her long hair as a curtain between the two of them, was full and almost choked when she locked gaze with him. He chuckled silently at the sight and ate another mouthful, unaware of Chanyeol's fierceful gaze to and fro themselves. 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Having the thoughts to change this fic's title... mmm