Chapter 25

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

 

She was staring right at the pair of hazel eyes. But somehow they’ve remained dull for all she could remember. There was a soft choke at the back of , but no words came through. Her mind was in a whirl. It was. It was this hard, this incredibly hard to not see the male before her as a potential love interest. Worst of all, her heart and mind wasn’t even on the same page to begin with.

‘Lu..han?’ She stumbled on his name. The two words simply played on her tongue as she tried her best to pronounce them.

The said male smiled, slowly. His lips forming a thin upward curve, so pleasant her heart missed a beat.

Luhan took another step forward, as though suppressing some other foreign emotion, and then he took another and another step till he was within arm’s length.

Heejin’s breathing almost stopped when she noticed the change in his eyes; they were no longer dull or empty. Now they’re softer, slightly more focused. He sat down in a graceful motion, his eyes never leaving hers. His smile stayed as he slipped a hand under her frozen fingers and raised them to his chest.

She stared in bewilderment at his actions. The room was so silent that her ears were ringing. Her heartbeat however, wasn’t doing her any good by racing frantically. All these suspense he was giving her at the moment. She felt uneasy suddenly and wanted to pull away from the contact. But he held a firm grip over her now warming hand.

‘Lu…’

Everything happened at once. She felt the air knocked out of her as he pulled her suddenly into a firm embrace, his arms fierce and strong around her. She in some air and inhaled his familiar scent. She missed him. She really does. She was surprised at the speed her eyes could generate the moisture. The warm beads rolled down her cheeks dampening his sleeves. He held her tighter when he felt her tears on his skin.

She could feel his slightly trembling lips against the small of her neck and wondered if he was crying.

It was weird. They’ve just met no long ago. But it felt as though they’ve been together for a whole century. She missed the way he smiles. Missed the way he smells. Missed the way he held her at the foot of the stairs. Missed the way he got her feeling safe and secure.

But this man was suddenly her half brother. She felt sick at the thought. In her mind she cursed at this screwed up fate.

Then she felt his arms loosen up. Slowly he was pushing her away and when his eyes met hers, she realized they were moist. She almost gasped, but found she doesn’t even have the energy to do so.

‘Heejin,’ He began slowly, his strong hands holding her shoulders firmly like a support. Heejin found herself watching his every little movement. He blinked slowly and inhaled. Slowly he pulled out a picture from the back pocket of his jeans.

Heejin’s eyes widened at the sight of her lovingly smiling parent at the seaside. Luhan’s expression softened a little but Heejin didn’t know if he was smiling because even if he was, the smile had vanished as soon as she saw it. Did he smile at the way her mother held her beach hat? Did he smile because they were his parents too?

‘Your father,’ He pointed at her father’s exposed arms; the tattoo of a small dove on his right arm. She smiled seeing that. She knew the story to how he had tattooed that to simply impress her mother, for dove was her favourite bird.

Luhan pushed the photo nearer to her now and Heejin raised her head to meet his eyes. There was something she wasn’t seeing. There was more to his expression.

That was when he broke the silence but landing a kiss on her forehead.

‘He, was my father too.’

The truth came like a slap across her face. It hurt. She felt sick. Sick of seeing that kind brotherly smile on his face. It was as if he’d suddenly convinced himself that he’d only loved her the way a brother would love his sister. Her stomach churned as she grimaced at this man before her.

‘Stop,’ she managed as she hugged her stomach. ‘Just stop, stop smiling as if you don’t care.’ He flinched at her words and got up slowly.

‘I’m sorry.’ He said softly, his voice almost inaudible.

‘GO.’ It was almost a scream this time. She couldn’t even look him in the eyes. The world was spinning, and she felt even more nauseous.

‘GO!’ she shouted again when he didn’t move. Then in the corner of her eyes he closed the door behind him.

That was when her whole world fell apart. He had just confirmed his relationship with her. So much for holding onto some miracle that was never going to happen.

She was so much in shock that there wasn’t even a tear this time round. She just stared at a random tile on the floor. Then finally, she laughed, out loud. So loud, too loud, she wanted him to hear it. She knew he was out there, just beyond this lame door.

He was a bad liar, she thought and laughed harder. A tear fell.

She knew from the way he held her moments ago. He was bracing, preparing himself for this stupid reveal. She laughed harder and louder, laughter mixed with shouts of cries.

‘STUPID, SO DAMN STUPID! SICKENING DUMB HORRIBLE LUHAN!’ She shouted at the top of her voice without a care. His name stung at the tip of her tongue. Then she buried her face into her pillow and cried. Trembling from head to toe, she used her remaining strength to cry the hell out.

It was officially over now isn’t it? 

* * * * *

EXO PLANET

'Hyung what is that?' Sehun asked Xiumin as he lifted a piece of paper up against the light and shrugged. After Luhan's absence, Xiumin was in charge of the whole Generator Operation thing. The remaining members of EXO and B.A.P has been searching through Luhan's belongings for the past few days. Looking for clues and anything related to his birth or his father and most importantly the connection they had with the cursed watch. 

While they had finally found his father's old laboratory Downtown, Xiumin brought Kai and Sehun together with Yongguk and Daehyun to investigate. They had been here at this old dusty space for the whole day and there was nothing but more dust. 

'Found something?' Yongguk raised his head from a pile of random documents across the room. Daehyun looked up from an old file and shook his head. Sehun shook his head too. Beside Daehyun, Kai's communicator started blinking and he picked up the call. It was Baekhyun's call from Base. Everyone stopped to listen. 

'Hey is there any news over there?' His expression full of concern over the tiny screen. Kai shrugged and exchanged glances with Xiumin who shook his head with a deep breath. 

'None so far. How about you guys?' 

Himchan's face appeared on screen and Kai rolled his eyes. They haven't exactly got past the hostile stage. 'We've found this! Himchan said and lifted up an old leather covered book. Baekhyun squeezed into the screen with him but his expression was hard.

'I think we've found something that you guys should be back to look at.' 

There was an uneasy silence in the laboratory.  

'Let's go back.' Xiumin and Yongguk said in unison. 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

 

Been going crazy over EXO comeback teasers and of course that holy shet video teaser. ಥ⌣ಥ oh gawd feels must be contained. I bet you all are am I right?!  WOLFFFF AHHH WOOOOOOO~~~!  OMG SOON SOON SOON COMEBACK SOON OMG OKAY. 

Anyways; Here’s an update! No don't be sad. I know I might get some hate for a while at how the story is going. Please read on~ 

Thankyou guys. For the support all these while. (/´・ω・`)/