Chapter 9

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

Year 2134; 

Luhan opened his eyes expectantly when there was no impact from the Pocket Watch. Much to his relieve, he was sitting in the furthest corner of the same control room where he was tied up in with his comrades. The air was definitely safer to inhale as compared. Standing up immediately he walked nearer to the centre area only to realised that all the latches on the wall were already dismounted.

A sudden wave of panic swept through him as he began thinking about the worst that happened to them; killed? He squeezed his eyes shut while his heart raced madly. Just then, someone walked in followed by the loud sound of breaking glass. 

'HYUNG?!' 

Luhan turned in the direction of the voice and saw Chanyeol, whose eyes were even wider than he actually remembered. He broke into the widest smile right away seeing that one of them was safe. Most probably or definitely, the rest were too. Meanwhile, Chanyeol got too excited seeing Luhan standing there, even though topless, and lost control of his abilities. Within seconds, he'd melted the poor door knob that his right hand was grabbing onto. 

Taken aback by his own mistake he jumped to the side with an awkward laugh. He was about to ran over for a reunion hug when Luhan rejected mercilessly. 

'You better check those hands first.' 

'Hyooooo--uuunnngggg!'

An unexpected aegyo from Chanyeol caused Luhan a short shudder while trying to hold back his laughter. 

'You guys were fine? Where did B.A-' He continued but before he could even complete the sentence, Chanyeol's voice already echoed through the entire hallway. Kai was the first to appear beside Luhan in a flash, his face beaming with joy and relieve followed by a bro-hug. 

In fact everyone else were too except for the fact that they bombarded him with a whole lot of questions most of them directed at his topless condition. 

'Where is Yongguk?' right when everyone was jumping with joy, Himchan burst through the door jabbing an accusing finger at Luhan. He frowned. 

'He was gone too?' He turned to look at Xiumin, who nodded slowly eyes closed. 

'How come you're back and he's not?' Zelo asked with the rest of B.A.P standing behind him, apparently he looked as though he'd just cried. 

'Yongguk disappeared along with you when he struck you with the Pocket Watch.' Kris explained helpfully with no intention of another fight with the tension in the room caused by the GMIs of MATO. 

'And now he's here but Hyung is not.' Zelo leaned against one of the pillars with a sadder look. 

* * * * *

'You what!?' Both D.O and Chanyeol could definitely fight for the biggest eyes one could ever have. 

'Yes, time travelled.' Luhan said slowly, observing everyone elses glances, especially B.A.P's intense glares. 

'So most probably Yongguk did too...' Lay analysed, tapping on his chin with an index finger, being surprisingly calm. Luhan nodded in agreement. Anyway that was probably the only possibly scenario left. Then a thought struck him as he remembered that girl, who threw the Pocket Watch at him too. He tapped the left pocket of his pants and felt the cold metal in there. 'So it returned to me after she threw it at me.' He said that aloud. 

'Who?' Sehun asked. 

'A lady I met there.' 

'On Eaaarth.' Chanyeol added sourly. Luhan could only manage a weak smile at the comment. 

'But, she didn't came here with me...' His voice trailed off as he thought of another scenario. 'Or maybe she was sent to another time? I don't know.' He added and suddenly he has an urge to return to that place again, just to make sure she was fine. No matter what, she saved him despite that obvious fear in her eyes since the beginning. 

'So mayby Hyung was sent to some other date?' Youngjae exclaimed but realised how inappropriate that excitement came at when all the rest stared piercingly at him. 'Right, I'm sorry.' He added with a lowered head. 

'Do it, go back.' Himchan took a step forward. 'Or throw it at me! I'll go find him!' Daehyun grabbed him by his arms pulling him back while Kai and Sehun glared back at the same time. 

'I don't know if it'll work on some other people.' Luhan said taking out the watch that became old and rusty once again. He frowned again and clutched it tightly in his hand. 

'There was a downside though, apparently it took me a while to get use to the air in that planet. I thought I was going to die.' But he regretted saying it for Zelo was the one who attempted to charge at him with bared teeth. 

'WHAT IF OUR HYUNG DIED TOO?!' the room echoed with his loud cry. 

'He'll be fine. He's hyung isn't he?' Both Youngjae and Jongup tugged him back. 

What followed was a few seconds of dreading silence. Nobody spoke. The 11 others was happy with the return of Luhan, but no matter how much B.A.P attempted to hurt them previously, they wanted the return of their leader too. 

Luhan especially was overwhelmed by a sudden guilt while the edges of that cold metal dug into his palms. He knew how it must be for Yongguk to be all alone on that foreign Planet. He was lucky to met a girl, an interesting one though. One way or another, he wanted to repay her the debts for saving his life too, if he could find her there. He took another look at the watch on his hand and clicked the latch again. As expected, it didn't budge at all. 

'I'll go. I'll get Yongguk back.' He said, breaking the silent at last.

This time, no one was exactly surprised. The 11 others knew him, for that was his character; what made him charming and charismatic. 

'Hyung, be safe.' Sehun said and reached out for the watch only to be denied.

'What if you disappeared too?' It was a question that clicked suddenly in the back of his mind. He wasn't even sure if that girl was safe and not somewhere on this planet. Right then an idea popped in his mind. 

'I'll do it myself.'  He turned towards Tao who was afraid to meet his gaze, there was something only he could answer. 'Tao, how long has it been since I've appeared?' 

Tao swallowed unsure of Luhan's plans. In fact no one else did at the moment and their eyebrows were all creased into frowns at his question. 

'34 minutes.' Tao replied, his voice quiet yet very sure at what he was saying. He was best with time, for that was his powers and he was actually surprised at how short this reunion was. 

Luhan nodded and walked towards the same corner he appeared 34 minutes ago. 'Ah! Can I have a shirt please?' He asked again and both Kai and Sehun took off their own without hesitation and threw it in his direction. Luhan caught one and laughed. 'Thanks, but one is enough.'

'He took mine.' Kai jerked his chin in Sehun's direction only to be returned with his trademark eye-roll.

On the other hand, levitating the Watch in his hand, thankful that his powers still worked here, Luhan pushed the watch a distance away from himself.

Everyone watched in silence. B.A.P too, couldn't find the right words to begin with. At this moment, everyone understood what he was about to do. Daehyun stepped forward after a long pause and held Luhan's gaze for a while. 

'Thank you, be safe.' He mouthed before Luhan clenched his fist sending the watch accelerating in his direction... 

 

Year 2013

 

Heejin was too surprised to scream, the sight itself sent a chill down her spine. She turned around immediately to check if the nurse was watching. Thank the damned Pocket Watch, she was wasn't even in the room. As soon as she confirmed that, her knees gave way and she plopped into the empty bed. But her touch on the bed sheet sent another wave of goosebumps up her arms; a little of his warmth still lingered. She stood up at once almost losing her balance.

She took a deep breath and squeezed her eyes shut. 'Calm down, calm down. Think about something nice... something nice... so he'd been telling the truth?!' she gasped again and her eyes flew open at once, to take another look at the eerily empty bed. However her eyes darted to the chair.

His jacket was still there.

Heejin almost heaved a sigh of relieve but got bewildered at her own reactions. So she that breath back but the sudden loud vibration from her phone startled her. It took her a while to finally picked it up after rumbling through her tote bag frustratingly. 'Why did I even throw it in there.' 

'YAH! WHERE ARE YOU!?' Chaeri literally screamed through the phone. Somehow Heejin found Chaeri even more frightening than the guy's magical disappearance at the moment. 

'On my way back! I'll go deaf eventually with you screaming into my ears all the time!' Heejin held the phone to and shouted back. She had no intention to tell Chaeri what happened so she was already thinking what to buy from the cafeteria. 

'I'll pack up then?' Chaeri asked, her tone seemingly softer much to Heejin's relieve. But the question was still asked nonetheless.

'Where were you the past half an hour?' 

Heejin took a deep breath. It was something she'd already expected from her best friend. She doesn't have to know. I'll just say according to script. 

'I went to the cafeteria, got hungry so I ate. I'll get you Americano okay?' She said, controlling her voice, tone and even speed. 

'Alright! Thanks then! Heehee Come up faster! I'm not carrying those heavy reference books of yours!' 

Heejin finally heaved a sigh of relieve and grabbed Luhan's jacket. It was rather heavy while she tried to fold it up and stuff it inside her bag while making her way towards the cafeteria.

The sky has already turned a darker shade of blue as she made her way up with the Iced Americano in her hands. Turning around the corner of that very stairs she met him, there was a sudden nostalgic feeling. Like she missed him somehow. Brushing the thought aside, she dashed towards the art studio. 

'And I haven't even told him my name...'

* * * * *

Chaeri sipped on her Americano that rested steadily on 3 of Heejin's reference materials that she carried in her arms. Every now and then she would nagged at Heejin's unthinkable decision to borrow so many books at once. 

In fact, Heejin herself had got her hands full with 4 other thicker references and one really heavy and unmentionable jacket in her tote. Her shoulders were already breaking even before they descended the stairs. 

'Watch your feet.' The two of them walked carefully down the dimly lit staircase. 

'They should really change the lights.' Chaeri complained again and her Americano almost slipped from the book cover. 

'Yah Lee Chaeri! Watch your feet will you. I don't want to die of guilt if you slipped and fall.' They were at the last few steps of the stairs when Heejin decided to nag at Chaeri for her ever slippery Americano cup. She regretted buying it. But hat was her next mistake, making the lie was inevitable the first.  

She didn't watch her own feet and slipped on the last flight of stairs. She was only three steps away from safety. Chaeri watched in horror as her Americano slipped from the book cover at the same time when Heejin's scream pierced through the silent corridors. 

Crap! 

Heejin already got her eyes closed but she didn't land on the hard concrete like her books did. An unexpected pair of strong arms held her securely and steadily. 

'Are you okay?' said the voice worriedly.

She'd heard the voice before. Slowly, she opened her eyes and blinked at the sight. 

Even with the dimly lit staircase and corridors, she could see his face perfectly. Clear widened eyes, beautiful lips, he blinked a few times and finally a smile formed on his face. 

'You...' Heejin eyes widened at the sight and blood rose to her cheeks almost as instantly as she saw him. 

'If you may, I'll really need to know your name.' He says with the same smile. Heejin felt his chest shook while he chuckled but his arms were still holding her still and steady. It felt safe. 

'EHEEEEMMM.' Chaeri cleared and Heejin jumped up immediately coming to the realization that her friend was still there. Standing an awkward distance away from him, she rubbed her nape embarrassingly wanting to facepalm herself literally. 

'So, may I know who are you?' Chaeri got her arms crossed in pefect commando stance, her eyes narrowed. 

Right. Protective Mode Activated. 

He smiled though, a slow charming smile. Taking a glance at Heejin, he turned towards Chaeri and bowed slightly with a hand over his heart. Chaeri gasped at his suave movements and eyed Heejin suspiciously. But Heejin couldn't kept her eyes away from him much to Chaeri's astonishment. 

His voice was melodious and well-toned. Rising his head, he held her gaze for a while. 

'Nice to meet you. I'm Luhan.'