Chapter 22

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

Chanyeol couldn't react. He was feeling nauseous like someone kicked him in his guts.

Here came a half brother.

This man here is their brother of some other mother. He inhaled deeply, his gaze full of disbelief and anger. He tightened his grip on Heejin's shoulder. That was when he realized how still his sister became. 

Once again, the silence was killing everyone in the room. There wasn't even a sound from Heejin, it was like she didn't exist. Chanyeol had thought she'd stopped breathing, but he saw the slow rising of her chest and throat and heaved a silent relieve. 

Nonetheless, he was disgusted. Most of his disbelief resulted from the fact that the man infront was his sister's boyfriend. Or they tried to act as a couple, or so he already knew. His gaze flickered between the couple. Luhan kept his eyes on the photo, his hand was trembling while the other was clenched into a tight fist. 

 

Heejin's mind stopped. They were blank until she saw the trembling hands of Luhan, the man she once considered boyfriend. Her mind was in a whirl, telling her to run, but her legs won't budge. How did things turn out this way? When did things begin in this direction? What was all the heart flutterings and sweet fantasies? Not when the man infront of her is no other than her own half brother. 

She began to think. She forced herself to think. She was sure her father died, her parents were gone. But there was just too much she didn't know. She didn't know that her parents were trying to build a Time Warping Artifect. She didn't know if they've succeed before the crash. It could be possible. Or she didn't know if her dad has went to the future and had a cross dimensional affair. 

It was just too much. Too much infomation at once. Her head throbbed like someone had struck her with a baseball bat. She wanted to lift her head, to have another look at Luhan, to see the resemblance they have in common, but she can't. She couldn't move. 

She tried to breath, but she felt as if her breathing wasn't quick enough. She was suffocating slowly, a tightening sensation in her chest as the seconds ticked. She could feel her brother's firm grip on her shoulder. She wanted to tell him it was too strong, her shoulder hurt. But she couldn't. Her vision was beginning to get fuzzier, finally her legs weren't strong enough to withstand and she dived into the pits of blackness at once, feeling scared. 

 

* * * * *

Heejin winced, or she thought she winced at the strong smell of disinfectant. 

'Is she alright?' Someone spoke beside her. The voice was familiar, she recognized it immediately. 

She tried to open her eyes but somehow they felt as if they were glued together. She moved her fingers or, she thought she moved them. Suddenly, there was a sharp throbbing pain at the back of her head. Has she forgotten something? 

'I'm sorry.' Said another voice. Painfully familair voice. 

She'd heard it rather perfectly and the ache in her chest was back. She remembered Luhan's hands, his chest, his perfectly angled jaws, his high bridged nose and his smouldering eyes.

His eyes. 

Most of her just died remembering. He had became her brother, half-brother. But still a brother. She needed to wake up right here right now. She had to get to the bottom of the matter. But her eyes just wont open, her limbs won't move. 

She felt tired just trying. It was like her body wasn't hers to begin with. There was no way she could made her waken conscious clear to the males in the room. She gave up eventually and felt a strange wave of fatigue took over her senses. 

'She'll be fine. I guess. Now there's something I have to ask you. Let's go.' Someone said but she was too tired to bother listening. Soon, she drifted far away again. 

 

'You've seen her. This is just too great a news to her as much as it is to me.' Chanyeol's voice was much softer, though he kept that blazing gaze on Luhan. 

The other male nodded slowly and inhaled. 'I haven't seen my mom. But the man in the picture is my father.' He said dryly. The fact was, he was trying to control his emotions. He was mad at himself, mad at the Watch for bringing him back to this time. 

He'd read the sketches and whatever infomation about the Watch in the diary, the best conclusion or deduction he could come up with is that the Watch brought him back to the time it last jumped. His dad had told him it was something passed down from his ancestors. What if he lied? What if there isn't any ancestors but just his dad, Park Dong Hoon himself, who happened to jump into the future? 

There was too much doubt and uncertainty. But there was only so much a dead man could reveal. Luhan was frustrated. Very rather frustrated. Especially after Heejin collapsed. His heart ached. He was sure that it pained him seeing how she lay unconscious in his arms when he caught her. It was a kind of pain he didn't understand. It was different from how he felt when he knew about his dad's death. Probably because he'd never loved him for abandonment.

He probably loved Heejin. Not that it mattered anymore. Now that he was stucked here in this Time, he had to live with it. With the fact that he once looked at her in a different manner, a more inappropriate manner in the context now. He almost laughed, at himself for harbouring foolish thoughts. It should've been impossible from the start. How could he possibly fall in love with someone who was part of history? 

His Karma came earlier than expected. 

'Are you listening?' Chanyeol asked for the third time and Luhan finally snapped back to reality far from his pointless thoughts. 

'I need some air. I'm sorry.' He replied without looking at the taller male and walked away as Chanyeol stepped aside. 

 

He wasn't exactly watching his way while he walked and it wasn't surprising when he slammed into someone's shoulder. It was a rather big impact as it swung him around and almost lose him his balance. 

'HEY!' The poor victim of Luhan's absentmindedness exclaimed. 

'I'm sorry.' Luhan lowered his head at once, apologising. He doesn't have to know who he'd knocked into. He told himself, he just had to apologise. The fact was, he wasn't exactly paying attention to where he was going, he couldn't care less. He wanted to leave, but there was just nowhere for him to go. He'd found a family at least, but that wasn't something to be happy of too.

His teeth sunk into his lower lips as he raised his head and straightened up. The other male was staring at him with a rather puzzled face. Blonde hair, black framed glasses, gentle looking to begin with. 

'Are you okay?' The man said and shook his shoulders rather softly when Luhan didn't react. He wanted to, but he couldn't. 

He couldn't believe his eyes. How many more surprises is he going to get in a day? 

The male shook him again, this time slightly rougher. Luhan blinked with parted lips. His voice was too hoarse when he spoke. He felt like he hadn't spoken in a long while. But he'd learned to accept facts in this time. 

'Have we met?' He asked the totally bewildered male before him even though he knew exactly who he was. 

'Have we? Sorry but who are you?' 

'I'm sure we met before. I'm Luhan. Nice seeing you again.' Luhan said with a slow smile at the 'Daehyun' before him. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And... I'm sure most of you are pretty much in shock... Your comments I've read. But well... (;