Chapter 30

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

*This chapter could be slightly confusing. 
If you guys haven’t actually realized that abnormality
but if you guys did, this chapter could somehow clear it up abit…
not without another unsolved mystery though. Heehee~ *

 

‘Luu..uu…han… leez…let’s puu…let’s….’

Surprised, he took a glance at the drunken girl only to realize that she was just sprouting random sentences. But it wasn’t doing him any good for every of her sentence began with his name.

The cab was moving at a rather fast speed while he watched his surroundings whizz by, somewhere deep down he was wishing that time could rewind itself. To the part when they haven’t met, and he was going to do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn’t happen. If only…

Meanwhile Heejin shifted in his arms, wrapping her hands even tighter around him. He smiled briefly, brushing a loose stand of her hair to the side, his lips faintly brushing against the top of her head. She shifted again and mumbled something intangible. There was a warm feeling in his chest; it must be nice, if he could introduce her to his buddies back home. That makes him wonder if they’ve received his message, and right then, he gasped.

He realized he’d made a mistake.

The watch was with him here, in this time frame, it didn’t disappear together with Yongguk when he threw it at him. This, was already an abnormality. Usually the watch would have travelled together. That was how it should’ve worked. He was too excited at the time when Yongguk vanished that he’d overlooked such an important factor.

So, how could they have his watch to compare with? Is that why Yongguk never came back? Is that the reason why he couldn’t return? A malfunction? Or had he used up the amount of times he could travel? There was just too much questions.

He needed to find a new way to communicate with the future but then again, there wasn’t anything to compare with the diary but he wasn’t even sure if that diary was in fact present in the future.

Alternate realities; It could all just be a theory. He laughed once, defeated, while earning a curious glance from the cab driver. He was too deep in thoughts to be aware of that anyway.

He was already biting his lips when he realized that both Chanyeol and Heejin weren’t aware of that theory he had for there wasn’t even a chance to say. And with that, he was suddenly self-reproachful, tuning back the old responsible Luhan. He was being too laid back here. He was forgetting the whole part of awareness. He had let too much of his guard down. Maybe he’d spent too much time falling in love, something rather screwed up in such a circumstance.

That pang of guilt returned and he took another glance at Heejin. It only made him realize that, their father’s “death” in this Time couldn’t have been pure coincidence. There could be more to just an overly enthusiastic scientist researching on Time Travelling. There was just a thought, maybe he was sent here to solve this, to solve his father’s death and only by finding the truth can he return to where he belonged.

He almost laughed. But the weight of Heejin against his body kept him grounded. Leaving her, was never going to be easy. He switched that part of him off, knowing that he was crossing a line. She’s your sister dammit.

Then the cab pulled over. Destination reached. At least for today, he shall be the good caring brother.

 

------------

 

EXOPLANET

 

Kai, Suho, Baekhyun, Tao together with Himchan and Zelo were long out patrolling, leaving the rest in the common library, digging through Park Dong Hoon’s old researches.

‘Sehun can you find anything from that diary?’ Xiumin asked in the midst of flipping through a handful of documents that Suho had brought in a few hours before.

Sehun didn’t look up from the book but shook his head with the same deep crease on his forehead. Those calculations weren’t easy to deduce, more of incomplete, completely infeasible or bluntly put; totally impractical. Being the one better with calculations, Sehun had been going through the calculations in the diary for the whole while, but there was nothing capable of getting a final answer. Nothing to prove time travelling was possible.

‘This can’t be right.’ Sehun leaned back against the chair and shut his eyes putting his hands up in the air. ‘I give up.’

‘No, you can’t.’ That was Yongguk’s voice, earning the glances of everyone in the room. ‘Don’t you want Luhan to come back?’

Sehun’s eyes flew open in an instant, staring straight at the male who was standing at the door. There was a sudden rush of anger to his head as he stood up, slamming his palms on the desk surprising Lay and Jongup, who was going through some computed data behind him.

‘Who do you think caused all of this?’ He pointed an accusing finger at Yongguk, who straightened up bracing for whatever else the angry male was going to say.

‘IF YOU HADN’T COME AND INVADE US, USING STUPID COLOURLESS TO POISON US, TIE US UP AND THEN TIED HYUNG UP AND THEN THROWING THAT DUMB WATCH AT HIM. NOTHING OF THIS COULD’VE HAPPENED. EVER!’ He took three big steps towards Yongguk and grabbed the silent male by his collar, shouting at the top of his voice.

Nobody had seen him so mad before. Sehun was usually the calmer more sarcastic type. In fact, none of them showed such an uncontrolled temper before. Suddenly with Sehun’s rage, everyone was alert, self-defense mode .

Many things happened simultaneously; Kris and Chanyeol were pulling the younger male away from Yongguk, who kept a poker face while Sehun lashed out mercilessly. Jongup and Daehyun were beside their leader, both with an apologetic expression. Yongjae and Chen who was back from snacks-hunting were in between both parties immediately with a mixture of shock and worry.

Lay stood with Xiumin, who just watched with an unreadable expression. Lay knew how hard the other male must’ve felt. Without Luhan, everything sort of went out of place. There was more to responsibilities than that hardened expression on Xiumin’s face.

‘All because of you.’ Sehun went limp in their arms. He was on both knees, forehead against the hard ground and pounding the floor with those delicate fists. Nobody said anything while he repeated the same words again and again.

‘I’m sorry.’ Yongguk finally said, his voice was a deep whisper, and his knuckles were now white from clenching. In fact, many things were going through his mind at the moment. He would’ve told his men to stand up if they were the one on the ground. But he was in no stand to say anything, he couldn’t be more thankful to Luhan to suggest a merger, to bring him back, to sacrifice himself for some stranger and rather a hostile party like him.

‘I’m sorry.’ He repeated and then he was kneeling in front of the younger male, whose body trembled uncontrollably from the break down. Putting a hand on Sehun’s temple, Yongguk closed his eyes.

‘Hyung…’ Jongup voice was almost a whisper as he watched how Sehun froze and then looked up slowly with a confused expression.

‘What… You…’ Sehun’s voice broke and he was looking right at the other male, his tears still warmth on his face.

Yongguk’s lips were pressed into a hard line then he stood up while everyone else, except for the B.A.Ps, watched on with an equally dumbfounded expression as on Sehun’s tear streaked face.

With the help of Kris, he stood up embarrassed, avoiding eye contact with anyone while he wiped his tears away with his shirt.

Chanyeol raised a timid hand despite him being one of the taller male.

‘What just happened?’ His eyes were big with confusion as his gaze flickered to and fro Yongguk and Sehun.

‘Hyung ‘showed’ him his emotions.’ Jongup replied.

‘You guys have such a skill?’ Lay asked with a surprised expression earning a frown from the calmer Xiumin.

‘No, only Hyung has that skill. It was the only skill he had that was different from all of us. He could convey his emotions perfectly like that without having to speak.’ Yongjae explained.

‘Well, let’s get back to work.’ Yongguk cleared his throat and dusted his pants, taking another awkward glance in Sehun’s direction. The younger male was twice as embarrassed; he took a glance at Xiumin, who was shaking his head sternly, and lowered his head apologetically with a pout.

Everyone was back to what they were doing ten minutes ago and Chen and Youngjae was handing out the thankfully still hot cocoa as if nothing had happened. But Kris couldn’t help but smile wickedly at Sehun, making the younger male flush red with more embarrassment.

-------------------

 

Luhan had put Heejin to bed, pulling the sheets over her shoulders slowly as she turned to her sides. Just fifteen minutes ago, the girl had vomited all over his shirt and it took him all his self-control to get her changed into a cleaner shirt after he’d put his own dirtied shirt into the sink under running water. He could do with topless. Since he felt more comfortable anyway, most importantly, Heejin was too drunk to be awake to witness.

Nonetheless, he was surprised that Chanyeol actually left him with her.

He’d sat behind Heejin looking past her shoulders as he removed her T-shirt. Thank every living thing in the world; she was wearing a tank-top underneath. He literally heaved a loud sigh of relieve as he carried her into bed then.

He plopped himself into the small one-seated sofa beside her bed, watching her peaceful sleeping face. Absentmindedly, he stretched out a hand and tucked her hair, which was falling in front of her face, back behind her ear. She wrinkled her nose once and went still again. His lips curved into a smile while adjusting his sitting position, slightly closer.

It had felt like a long time since she let him so close. Ever since-

‘Han…’ she muttered again under her breath breaking his train of thoughts and her lips were curled into an adorable smile. His heart skipped a silent unacceptable beat then he was holding his breath before straightening up and away from her.

Patting his cheeks a few hard times, he’d reminded himself not to think of anything stupid.

He was still watching her when suddenly her expressions changed. There was a crease on her forehead and her lips were pursed tightly into a line, then a tear fell from the corner of her eye. On reflex, he quickly wiped that teardrop away and placed a hand on her back, patting it lightly.

He was sitting on her bed when she grabbed his other free hand. She was clutching it so tightly almost as if he’d disappear if she’d let go.

Luhan watched her intensely and the next thing he knew, she was tearing up in her sleep. He stared partially flustered, not sure what was right to do. She couldn’t be conscious could she?

‘Don’t leave me. Take me. Take me with you.’ She said, her voice trembling yet she was getting a tight grip over his hand. His heart did something like a 300m drop hearing that and he was feeling worse by the seconds.

This wasn’t part of the plan.

The plan was to put her to sleep, make sure she slept peacefully and then he’ll leave. He was already leaving. Now he couldn’t. There was just no way to leave her like that drowning in whatever miserable and terrible dream she was having of him, of them.

He looked away. Once again the feeling of pain and rage filled him up to the brim. Why am I here? Why are we related? What is love? This is all a sick game. To hell with you whatever fate you are.

‘Don’t…go.’ She mumbled yet again and as if automatic, he turned around immediately and saw the frown disappearing from her forehead.

‘I wasn’t leaving.’ He replied, reacting naturally to her question.

There was a smile on her face now, and he wondered if she’d actually heard him. But her grip on his hand loosened and then there was a soft snore.

He let out a soft laugh at the totally harmless creature before his eyes.

‘What are you doing to me?’ He whispered softly while pulling the sheets over her shoulders again, folding the edges in, wrapping up her body tighter with it.

Their faces were only inches apart, and she still smelled like she was before; sweet, strawberries…

And his lips touched her temple.

Then almost as soon as it happened, he sprang up covering his lips with the back of his hand, almost horrified at what he had done. Because he knew better what was going on in his mind as he kissed her. He was definitely not seeing her as his sister.

Just the thought of that word had sent an acidic feeling down his guts. Without even one last glance, he was out the room closing the door behind him.

That was when everything came crashing down. His own knees gave up as he slumped into the ground, his back against the coldness of the door.

He couldn’t be more terrified than knowing the fact that beyond that door, his buried unrequited feelings had multiplied.

------------

 

EXOPLANET

 

Just as things were going back to normal, Chanyeol gasped louder from across the room and was fumbling through the scattered documents on the long desk with a worried expression.

He was usually the exaggerated figure amongst them so nobody was exactly paying attention to his frantic actions.

‘What is it again? I didn’t smell anything burning though.’ Kris asked sarcastically without looking up from the paper before him.

‘It’s gone!’ Chanyeol’s voice was an even higher octave than before.

‘What was gone?’ This time catching Kris’s and some others’ attentions.

He stopped moving, his hands trembling slightly while he looked at everyone in the room. His lips parted and inhaled sharply.

‘The.. the watch. It’s gone. It was here. I was trying to take it apart just now and was frustrated over the difficulties of doing that but it’s gone after Sehun’s… it’s gone! I couldn’t find it anywhere.’

That jolted another forgotten incident from a few moments ago. He was trying to figure out how to open up the back of that watch when his sight went out of focus. It was like seeing a distorted image for one second then the next after rubbing his eyes, his sight was normal again. Could it be that it wasn’t my sight to begin with? The frown on his forehead only deepened at his carelessness. He’d overlooked it and then now it was gone. Did it vanish? Went back to Luhan hyung?

There was another voice in his mind and he’d realized the fact that they’ve long overlooked the most important factor of Luhan’s time travelling. The fact that the watch actually came back with Yongguk meant that Luhan hadn’t got a way to teleport himself back. But now, even the watch vanished.

He didn’t know what was more horrifying; the fact that Luhan could be trapped in the past forever or the fact that the one thing capable of bring him back had vanished.

He was almost about to pull his hair out when there was another loud gasp somewhere in the room.

And it was coming from behind Sehun.

Jongup and Lay turned around and exchanged an expression of a mixture of either horrified or surprise or maybe a hint of joy. There was obviously a hit on the data they were analyzing from Park Dong Hoon’s digital documents.

‘Luhan hyung… Luhan… How could we miss that?!’ Lay’s expression was now mostly surprise.

‘What is it?’ Sehun leaned over to have a better look at the screen behind the two uncomprehend-able males.

‘That…’ His voice trailed off and looked at Kris directly across him and then at Chanyeol who hadn’t exactly recovered from his shock of losing the watch.

‘What is it? Why isn’t anyone doing their work?’ That was Kai, who earned a back slap from Suho right after he said that, the rest of the patrolling team was behind him. Sehun’s expression was a mixture of surprise and confusion as he held Kai’s curious gaze.

Lay took a deep breath, but still sounding rather breathless.

‘Their surnames. Their DNA sequences…’

‘What is it? Whose surname? Whose DNA?’ Suho stepped forward suddenly feeling anxious at the suspense Lay was successfully creating.

Sehun pointed a finger at the screen which was showing a series of reds, blues and yellows and a flashing red ‘incompatible’ at the bottom.

‘He was never his son to begin with.’ 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

OH MY GOSH. FINALLY. FI-NA-LLY IM ABLE TO PUT MY THOUGHTS INTO WORDS. I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HOW TO LINK EVERYTHING NICELY YET NOT SO CONFUSINGLY TOGETHER AND TAH-DAH~! It wasn't confusing right? You guys understood it right? So basically, both sides was having the similar theory but have no way of knowing what exactly happened. hahahahaha. okay. that's about now. Felt like i'm writing some book though. oh gawd. Of course I hadn't forgotten about Chanyeol and Daehyun in the present timeframe. so yeahhhh wait for next update~! :D kamsahamnida~! new subscribers~~~!! An upvote if you enjoyed it yea? Heehee.