Chapter 3

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

 

 

Luhan woke up with a not yet clear conscious mind and a stiff neck. It didn’t take him long to realize that his hands were numb from being tied up tightly behind. How long have I been unconscious? Lifting his head up, the next shocker came when he began to take in the scene.

All 11 others were latched up by their wrists and ankles against the wall of their very own control room. Obviously their enemy made him an exception; tied him up to a floor-mounted chair just so he could watch his comrades helplessly.

Dammit. Treating us like laughingstocks.

Biting his lips, Luhan tried to wriggle his sore hands out but only to no avail. It could be some sort of a cuff since he could feel the edges against his skin.

Lay was the next to regain consciousness. He was just as confused about the situation as Luhan. ‘Hyung?’ He called out in a loud whisper while twisting and turning his hands desperately.

‘You’re awake.’ Luhan answered in his whispering voice and glanced around in case someone was eavesdropping. Then again, he recalled how that Himchan guy was able to hear just as clearly despite the distance. So much for the saying; walls have ears. Managing a powerless laugh, he noticed Lay was still trying to wriggle his wrists out, which were already red from pressure.

‘Lay!’ He called a little louder this time and noticed the others were slowly waking up too.

‘I can’t get them out!’

‘Stop trying.’ Luhan voice was cold and harsh but that stopped Lay.

‘Hyung! Why are you there? Are you okay?’ Chanyeol asked the moment he spotted Luhan alone.

‘I don’t know.’

‘B.A.P! MATO!’ Chanyeol exclaimed with widened eyes. It wasn’t hard to guess that they’ve sneaked an attack on Chanyeol and Baekhyun too, judging from that self-explanatory eyes.

‘I thought we died.’ Kai earned himself a few death glares from his inappropriate remark. ‘What? I mean as long as we’re not dead we can-‘

‘No, we can’t,’ Luhan cut in before Kai could continue, he knew without a doubt what was going on in that lively mind. ‘We can’t risk destroying EXTRASOLAR in the process. Without it, Planet EXO is over. It’s a hard fact, you know it.’

‘So much for my optimism.’ Kai added softly with sarcasm.

Everyone heard the self-reproach in Luhan’s voice and fell silent. He was their Head in Command and everyone knew the responsibility burden he’d been putting on his shoulders for this Planet they call home.

‘I doubt they wanted us dead, it could be more than easy to get it done while we were unconscious.’ Luhan put his analyzing skill in use again.

‘Okay wait so how are we-‘ Kris began, but once again Luhan has predicted his incoming question. ‘Colourless. Apparently some Zelo in their group ‘poisoned’ us with it. No Sehun, I don’t feel weird anywhere in my body, I suppose we simply lost consciousness.’ Meanwhile, Sehun closed his mouth right away.

‘So they might be here for EXTRASOLAR.’ Xiumin gave it some thought and Luhan nodded in agreement. ‘This could be the only reason.’

‘Chanyeol, what else you guys got from the data?’ Chen asked while stretching his neck as far as he could to have an impossible eye contact with the taller boy, who apparently was the last person of the other end.

‘AH!’ Baekhyun blurted out beside Xiumin who was freezing up the latches on his wrists. ‘I remembered reading about their dying planet somewhere just now…’ His voice trailed off as he continued to be immersed in his not very successful recollection.

‘They didn’t come here without a plan.’ Kris summed it up for everyone eventually.

‘That’s cheating! They sneaked up on us! Why don’t they… that… ARGGHH!! Whoever Yong something come fight me like a man?!’ Tao was the last to regain his consciousness and having heard those reasoning, he felt like he could kill Kris’s adorable Alpaca with a simple merciless blow.

‘YAH! YOU WANT TO DIE? WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?!’ Sehun raised his voice too, completely frustrated and annoyed at the same time.

‘Stop it the two of you.’ Lay ordered having caught up right in the middle of two angry kids, literally.

‘Someone’s here.’ D.O said suddenly and the kids shut up at once, straining their ears while D.O regulated his breathing at the same time. As long has he had his feet on the ground, he would be able to feel the slightest movement or vibration through the floor. If only he was at the crash site with the rest, but again he wasn’t even in Base to begin with. He was sure he’d felt the movements with his feet but it disappeared almost as swiftly as it appeared.

‘Gone.’ He said with a frown and started yanking his ankles uncomfortably. The first thought that came to him was whether these unidentified latches were affecting his senses.

‘D.O! How… Weren’t you off to town?!’ Chanyeol’s eyes widened again after hearing D.O’s voice since Kris’s head was the maximum he could see. Blame the wall for being an outward curve; blame himself for being the interior-in-charge.

‘I came back to retrieve my communicator, left it on your desk. See, it’s still there behind Luhan.’ D.O answered, clearly disheartened. Everyone looked towards the desk including Luhan. Baekhyun breathed loudly through his nose. Yea the wrist band was there like a slap across their faces.

‘This was inevitable.’ Luhan sighed squeezing his eyes shut.

Suddenly two figures burst through the door and stopped in the middle. D.O’s eyes widened at their sudden appearance since he didn’t felt any footsteps whatsoever. On the other hand, Luhan recognized Himchan but not the other and they weren’t wearing masks anymore. Nothing to hide now huh.

‘While you guys were talking so loudly,’ Himchan rolled his eyes matter-of-factly, ‘-we’ve come up with a rather awesome win-win plan. Care to hear? Anyone?’ he glanced at the 11 dark looks and pulled the other guy sideways just so Luhan wasn’t looking at their backs instead.

‘What is it now? More drugs? Colourful whatever.’ Kai scoffed and one guy laughed loudly.

‘It’s Colourless you moron.’ Some other guy sneered and Kai flushed red with anger.

‘Daehyun ah, we’re here for peace right?’ Himchan pouted with drooped eyebrows. Meanwhile, Sehun made a gagging sound that came out rather hilariously, earning a what-in-the-world-you’re doing stare from Luhan and an awkward cough from both Suho and Lay beside him.

‘Alright, your Oppa here will cut straight to the point,’ said Himchan. ‘As I’ve heard, you guys knew that our home is practically dying.’ His expression hardened significantly. Kai, Sehun and Tao especially rolled their eyes almost in unison. Tao was about to speak when Kris made an air sound through his teeth, thus shutting him up immediately.

‘If we can help-‘ Luhan started. ‘YES! You can! EXTRASOLAR can!’ Himchan raised his voice. ‘Hyung..’ Daehyun said softly grabbing his arm.

Luhan lowered his head at stared at the ground. This is inevitable huh.But at the moment there was just no way to devise any plan suitable for a real win-win situation. They cannot live without EXTRASOLAR.

‘Give us EXTRASOLAR and We’ll spare your lives.’ Himchan demanded recovering quickly from his short withdrawal.

‘NO!’ EXO chorused. This wasn’t even negotiable.

‘We can't even risk giving you EXTRASOLAR! Our home will be destroyed!’ D.O shouted.

‘Then we can just kill all of you guys without you knowing.’ Himchan added while Daehyun was quiet, his expression unreadable. Suddenly he simply vanished right in front of their eyes. When he appeared again, he had a blade against Luhan’s neck.

Everyone gasped in shock, D.O especially for he hadn’t felt any movements at all. Not. At. All.

‘Stealth, along with Invisibility, is an ability we share,’ Himchan answered D.O’s doubt. ‘We were modified perfectly for assassination just so you know.’

Luhan inhaled deeply once Daehyun removed the cold tip from his throat, but he saw something else in his eyes. He'd seen unwillingness in them and a frown creased on his forehead as he watched the boy made his way back to Himchan quietly again.

‘Think about it.’ Himchan said lastly and left the room. Luhan took one last look at Daehyun and caught him taking a last glance back. Once again, his expression was full of unspoken reluctance. Luhan frowned deeper and his gaze fell on Xiumin who seemed to have seen whatever he saw too.

‘They might really kill us if it leaves them with no choice.’

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hello everyone! Here's another update! Actually I have 3 chapters worth of drafts already and yeaa.. hahaa getting rather excited. This is my first attempt at writing an action-fantasy styled fanfic. Haha. Hope that I'm doing well for now...

So! If you guys know EXO pairings... then you'll have realised how I've tried to relate them.. as much as I can.. eg. the ever popular TaoRis, BaekYeol, HunHan etc etc... hahahs Anyway their abilities are based on their 'POWERS' so yea.. In case you guys didn't understand, D.O's power has to do with earth so yea I've characterized it so that he could sense movements so long it is transmitted through the ground. Yea and the others powers are pretty much obvious. Heehee.