Chapter 35

Perhaps... Love? / My Love From The Future

Heejin woke up with a pain in her neck. Chaeri and Chanyeol were looking at her with worried expression. Her friend quickly wiped a tear away and hugged Heejin tightly.

‘Ya! Stupid girl! Do you have any idea how worried we were?!’ Chaeri lightly slapped her back.

‘I’m sorry.. I don’t know what happened to me.’ And yes, she had no idea how she end up here. The fact was there were only flashes of images in her mind and she couldn’t quite make out whether they were part of her dream or reality.

Chanyeol smiled and pat both their heads lovingly before lightly squeezing Chaeri’s arm. ‘I’ll go get the doctor.’

To which, Chaeri smiled back. But Heejin caught a little something more in their little exchange. That wasn’t how he usually treats her bff. Did she miss something? How long was she asleep? A FEW YEARS?!

Pushing Chaeri, who was still clinging onto her, away, she grabbed both her shoulders with wide horrified eyes.

‘What year isit?!’

Chaeri rolled her eyes and flicked her forehead. ‘2013. Did you really knock your head or something?’

‘How long have I been sleeping?’

‘Two days?’

Heejin felt herself relaxed significantly, but here comes the most important question.

‘Are you dating my brother?’

Chaeri looked taken aback but a bashful smile appeared before she began playing with her fingers.

‘HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!’ Heejin was definitely surprised. She was so sure Chanyeol has not the least interest in her bff.

But her dramatic outburst got herself another palm on her forehead. ‘Stop that or I’m getting angry. Are you regretting introducing me to your brother now!?’ Chaeri crossed her arms and sit a little further away from her.

Heejin stared at her in bewilderment. Did I? Why can’t I remember that?

But she gave up thinking otherwise because her head began to hurt again.

Just then the ward door was pushed open hastily and someone wrapped their arms around her. It was too sudden so Heejin pushed the person away in shock.

‘Jinnie ah, are you sure you’re not hurting anywhere?’

Jinnie?

But her eyes grew wider when she saw the person who was still cupping her face as if she was some precious treasure.

‘Daehyun?’

Upon hearing that, he pulled Heejin back into his strong forceful embrace again while Heejin struggled to push him away.

‘Why are you pushing me away?’ The male stared at her, dumbfounded.

Heejin turned towards Chaeri, yet she too gave an equally dumbfounded expression.

Chanyeol was back with the doctor and nurse, while they cleared out everyone in the room so she can do a basic check on her wellbeing, Heejin requested for Chaeri to stay.

‘Why is Daehyun hugging me like that?’ Heejin asked after the doctor was done with whatever that needs to be done, and before everyone came back in and started behaving strangely.

Chaeri gave her a look as if she’d just spouted alien language.

‘He’s your boyfriend. Heejin ah, did you forget?’

This time it was Heejin who stared at her as if Chaeri said something incomprehensible.

Meanwhile Chaeri turned to the doctor again and gave Heejin another look.

‘Are you 100% sure she’s fine? Because she seemed to have forgotten a lot of things.’

Heejin felt tears stinging at the back of her eyes. She couldn’t make out what was going on with her at the moment. Why can’t she remember anything? And since when did Daehyun become her boyfriend? Then she remembered that one person clearly. The memories were clear as glass. His smile and voice and everything even his scent.

‘She’ll be fine. It could be the side effects of the medications we injected her with. She can be discharged tomorrow, meanwhile just remember she don’t suffer anymore trauma to her head.’

Heejin frowned at the doctor’s words, but she was still very confused. How did everything changed in such a short period?

When Chaeri sent the doctor away the boys came back into the ward again. This time Daehyun was wary of her reaction, he don’t want to inflict any unwanted trauma again, so he kept his distance willingly.

Heejin tried to take in everything she was seeing at the moment. Maybe she’d really lost her memories after she lost conscious. She noticed how Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Chaeri, how every single action seemed genuine and not faked. She saw the look in Daehyun’s eyes. She’d seen it before, somewhere in her fuzzy memories she remembered that look. They weren’t playing a prank on her. But why did she feel like crying? Someone was missing here.

‘Where is Luhan?’ She asked, her voice hoarse.

The three person exchanged confused glances at one another.

‘Who is that?’ Chaeri asked, genuinely puzzled.

‘How could you not know him?’ Heejin asked now her voice was anxious.

‘Jinnie ah who is that?’ Daehyun spoke this time but Heejin pretended not to hear. She didn’t like how he called her. That nickname made her uncomfortable.

‘Oppa? You remembered him right? He came to stay in our house for a period of time too.’ She turned to Chanyeol but she wasn’t seeing any signs of confirmation there too.

‘How can you not remember him?’ She was already on the verge of crying. She was confused.

‘Heejin ah, you had a dream.’ It was Chaeri who said that.

Dream? Heejin looked at her, her tears already swarming up at the brim of her eyes. She felt frustrated and helpless at the same time. How can a dream be that real?

She clearly remembered the way he caught her at the stairway, the way he smiled, his bright doe-like hazel eyes. She could even remember that little scar he has below his lower lip. Dream? It was all nothing but a dream?!

‘You should rest now, don’t think about anything now. Maybe you had a very long and vivid dream while you were sleeping. Remember? You had been sleeping for two whole days.’ Chaeri set the pillow back down and she lied down slowly, burying half her face under the blanket.

‘Rest now. We’ll check back later.’ Chanyeol lightly brushed her cheeks with the back of his fingers and Heejin closed her eyes.

Luhan where are you?