New life ahead - End of Part One

Safe and Sound

 

Our jaws drop open as we hear how fast the manager is able to handle the problem. Someone made a fake passport for her? That sudden? It has been probably on my manager’s mind before umma came so he voluntarily calls someone to fake it.

“Don’t worry. I sent him her photo and he will just have to edit it and make it look formal. He can make it, don’t worry. Her name is Lee Myeon Hee, right?”

Wow. Hands down to my manager for working on this swiftly. The next thing we hear was umma’s couple claps. “Okay! It’s fixed now then! We should leave. Myeonhee-ah, umma will treat you out on lunch before we leave, okay? You must be hungry.” She says excitedly as if nothing’s really wrong.

“Umma. She can’t understand you.” I tell her when after she speaks fluent Korean. She is surprised at first but then she smiles.

“Myeonhee-ah. Eat with us, okay? Let’s go out.” She says but Myeon Hee starts to look at her with fright. I walk closer to see if something’s wrong with her.

She moves her head as if she’s searching for something – or someone – and then our eyes meet. Wow. How does she do that? It’s amazing how I feel like I am talking to her with just our eyes looking at each other. She blinks a couple of times but her worried gaze is still visible to me. The rest are just looking at us. They are probably curious as to those secret messages that she is sending to me.

I’m afraid… I don’t want to go back there. I don’t want to be seen by him. Please…

“She’s afraid. She’s afraid that guy will see her when she goes out.” I speak in behalf of her. SHINee members look at me in surprise. If they are to joke, Jonghyun will probably say he envies me for being able to read someone’s mind.

“Hyung…” Taemin calls out, “I’m envious at your ability to read minds.” He says.

You know, sometimes I get the personality of these members mixed up. I know what they will say, but I can’t predict who’s going to say that. In this case, Taemin said it while I thought it was Jonghyun who will.

“Let’s go.” I say as I hold her hand tightly. “Don’t be afraid. You are not alone.” I tell her and wink at everybody else.

We proceed at the door to leave. “Onew, rehearsal at 10 am.” The manager reminded. I look at him and nod.

“I’ll be back soon. I’ll just make sure they leave this area.” I say and continued walking with Myeon, with my parents on the back following us.

“FIND HERRR!!” Myeon immediately covered herself as she hugs with her arms around her tight when we hear the familiar voice. “YOU GOTTA FIND HER! SHE STOLE MY MONEY!!” The man from last night shouts along the hallway.

I almost frown. Stole what? Money? He’s lying after all the things he’s done to her last night? Wow really.. this man. I look at her and see how frightened she is. “It’s okay. He will not know.” I whisper and gently wrap my arm around her waist and pull her closer. “Shh.” I say to calm her down.

“FIND HER! YOU MUST FIND HER!!!” Myeon’s arms cling into me tightly as she hears those shouts from the man. I maintain my calmness.

I take a deep breath before walking right in front of the guy and an officer in the hotel. They guy stops and looks at us – particularly to Myeon who is bowing her head the entire time. I look at the guy and he looks back. Based on how he looks, I think he is around 40. He only wears a bathrobe on him and has his hair wet as if he just finishes taking a shower. They guy doesn’t blink while exchanging glances with me.

I decided to look away and pay attention to Myeon who is almost shaking. “Don’t worry. Mom and Dad won’t know you drunk really hard last night. Just please let oppa know about everything the next time, okay? We’re not in Korea, my dear. What if something happened to you last night? You are not familiar with this place.” I say as if I’m talking to my younger sibling you drunk really hard and wasn’t able to control herself well.

I start to feel relieved when the guy looks back at the officer – completely ignoring us. I look down at Myeon and notice she is very eager to leave the hotel.

“Go back now, Onew.” Hyunshik hyung, the manager that provides the fake passport for Myeon Hee, tells me as we get at the lobby of the hotel. “I’ll look after your family until I’m sure they’re safe.” He assures me and pats my back. “Your members need you as well.”

“I understand.” I tell him and smile. “Please take good care of them, especially Myeon Hee.” The manager nods and I turn to face my parents. “Umma, appa, I’m really sorry you are dragged on the trouble I made myself, but please help me protect her.” I tell them sincerely.

“This is a blessing, Jinki-ah.” My mom utters. “She is a blessing, someone who is given to us by God to love and to cherish. I’ll love her just how much I love you.”

I can’t help but to feel slightly jealous of the sudden love my mother is giving to someone she just knew. “T-the same love… u-umma?”

She chuckles upon hearing the tone on my voice. Umma reaches for my cheeks and gently cups them with her warm hands. “If I pay a lot of attention to her from now on, please don’t get jealous. Mom loves you so much, but imagine yourself getting a sibling. She’s as young as a baby right now. She needs to start another life… so… bear with it for a while, but umma and appa loves you so much.” She says gently.

I smile at her. “Of course, I know it, umma. I am just not used on having someone else you love aside from me.” I can’t help but talk like this when I’m with them. “I’ll go home once we arrive back in Korea.” I promise and look at Myeon Hee.

“Get well soon… so you can look after our umma and appa.” Unconsciously, I found myself caressing her cottony cheeks with my fingers. She looks up to me, expression still unreadable.

Something’s probably just got into me that I suddenly decide to enter this kind of situation. I don’t know where this thing will head. I don’t know my family’s future with Myeon Hee, but I can’t just leave her like that. She needs a family and someone that will take care of her – for the mean time. I know that one day, Myeon Hee will come to her senses and will choose to go back to her real family – those people who know her most, but for now, I hope she feels comfortable and safe around my family – while she have me, her new oppa, on her side.

That moment when I just acquired a sibling at the age of 23…  fighting!^^

~End of Part One~


A/N: This is the last chapter I've written so far. No reserved chapter so I need to type-rush! haha. I hope you still like the story line so far. I have in store a lot for this!!