Accepting the reality

Safe and Sound

 

“Aren't we going to do anything, Jinki? We need to find her. We need to find Myeon Hee before it's too late.” Umma says while we are in the living area of their apartment. The members have arrived from the last schedule. They have figured out what happened and are now sitting with us.

 

“There's no other place she can go to. She only knows us here.” Jonghyun says. “What if she just wanders around the street? It's dangerous.”

 

“There a lot of bad guys around Seoul. What if someone trips on her?” Minho adds.

 

“She's alone. No one's there to protect her.” Taemin says while pouting.

 

“Come on, hyung, think of something! We should find her immediately!” Key utters in panic.

 

They start talking nonstop. Umma's crying, Key's nagging, Jonghyun and Minho are fighting over something, Taemin is like whining over a thing I don't understand. They are all worried – and the house is all chaotic because all of us are in panic.

 

“SHUT UP, EVERYBODY!” I couldn't take it and I have to shout to everyone because I'm so pressured. “Please... just... I'm thinking of how to find her. Please.” I say and put my hand on my head. My head hurts from all the things that is happening.

 

We were happy yesterday. What happened that she suddenly left like that? Did I do something wrong? Didn't I make her happy? About what we did last night? Did she realize I am not a good lover so she left me? I don't know exactly what happened. I don't know. Where is she?

 

There is sudden silence between everybody and now I am able to think better. I try to recall all the things that happened and those that can be a hint of why she left.

 

She wanted to do everything in one day...

 

She paid for our food …

 

She has an unusual sum of money …

 

She came to the president's office this morning...

 

She talked to the president …

 

I stand up and take my coat. “I'm going to the company.” I say and leave immediately. I need to go somewhere. For sure, this person will be able to answer these questions bugging me.

 

 

**** **** ****

 

“President.” I enter his office straightly and as what is usual, he is busy signing a lot of papers on his table. “Did you tell Myeon Hee to leave?” I say directly.

 

He looks at me. Surprise is hinted on his face. “I didn't know you figure it out that fast. You're intelligent.” He says and continues signing the papers. “When did she left? This morning?”

 

“So it was you.” I say in a low tone. “You are not supposed to meddle with my personal business.”

 

He looks up at me and raises an eyebrow. “I believe it was me who put the both of you in that situation. If there's someone that could break the two of you apart, it's me.” He says firmly. “If you have no more business with me, you can go.”

 

“What did you say to her?” I ask.

 

“Part of our agreement is to never say anything to you.” He says. “But I think I will be breaking that promise because I know you won't go home unless you figure out the truth.” He stands up and walks around his table. He asks me to sit down but I don't follow. It is him who occupies the seat on the receiving area. I remain standing.

 

“I tell her everything that I figured out about her identity. Where does her parents live... what kind of life do they have... and made her realize she is not suitable for you.”

 

“Why did you do that?!” I say angrily. He looks at me in surprise. It's the first time he ever hears me yelling. “You are not supposed to tell her that!”

 

“I just did. I did it for you. Lee Jinki... sooner or later... you will realize she's not the girl for you. You will find better woman in the future. She's not worth it.”

 

“Did you say that to her as well?” I say straightly. Eyes looking sharp on him. He shrugs.

 

“Let this pass, Jinki. You will get over it.”

 

“It's not like you're in the situation. I can't believe you.” I say full of anguish and hatred. “I always look up to you for being a good president and bringing your artist great popularity and love for the fans. A lot of sunbaes have said something bad about you... but I insist not to believe because I know it's not true.”

 

He looks at me. “But look at you now. Someone shouldn't look up to you for treating your artist unfairly.”

 

“Tell everything you want.” Sooman said. “You have your contract with me. You can't quit just like that.”

 

“Where did she go?”

 

“I'm not sure. I give her enough for her to go wherever she wants. Don't worry. I make sure she won't starve in a year. Except of course if she use the money for nothing.”

 

I found myself alone in the car as I stop near the Namsan River. I am still hoping that this is a prank – on a new level where the President is even involved to fool me around. In few minutes, they are going to appear right before me and shout “We got you!” and Myeon Hee will appear, run, and hug me tightly. This time I promise I won't be mad if ever she reappears.

 

“!” Let me curse this time as my fist hits the steering wheel and I accidentally pushed the horn. It makes noise to outside. “DAMN, MYEON HEE WHERE ARE YOU?! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?! YOU'RE SO CRUEL!” I shouted. No one can hear me though, but I just need to let this out. “DAMN!” I hit the steering wheel again. “DAMN WHY DID YOU GIVE EVERYTHING TO ME LAST NIGHT WHAT WILL REMAIN TO YOU NOW?! ARE YOU STUPID?!”

 

I'm out of my mind. I need to wake up and accept that this is really happening. She really left me... but I need to find her. I need to get to her. She loves me. She just did this because she cares a lot and is ashamed of herself.

 

Myeon Hee... please... why did you leave without any hint of where you are going?



 

A/N: This will end in few more chapters, guys. I think around 5 more chapters to go. o.O