Cover Up

Safe and Sound

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Hyung, you should wake up!!” I hear constant knocks on the door that morning when I am still on dreamland. It’s just 7:30 in the morning and I’m scheduled to wake up at 9 am for work, but I think it’s Jonghyun on the outside doing the heavy knocks.

I rise up and fix my messy hair a little before opening the door. My body is still adjusting for I just wake up so I move a little slower than how I usually do. I wonder why he seems to be in a rush, though.

As I open the door, Jonghyun is panting and he looks so surprised and worried. “What happened?!” I shout as I suddenly start absorbing the discomfort on his expression.

“Hyung, the company…” He says and pauses for a long while. “The company…”

“What? What the company?!!” I start losing my temper for I’m starting to worry like hell. Why isn’t he going straight to the point?

“Hyung… the company… they used you.” He blurts and I suddenly feel disoriented and confused. Used? Like what? What happened? How did they use me? “And… Myeon Hee…” He adds.

Dropping Myeon Hee’s name on the topic where she doesn’t need to be involved suddenly makes my blood rage within my whole body. How does she get to be involved regarding the company using me? “Look, hyung.” He runs back and though I’m still dizzy upon waking up so sudden, I have to follow him to see what he’s telling.

We go straight to Key’s laptop and there I see the other three staring expressionless at the screen, as if trying to figure out the right way to react on the situation. “What about Myeon Hee? What did the company do to her?!” I shout unable to control my worries. If it were just me then I can definitely handle it – whatever it might be, but involving Myeon Hee’s name in the situation isn’t just right, I mean… out of all the things I need to protect, it’s her identity that I must take care of.

Key immediately stands and takes the laptop away. “Calm down, hyung!” He shouts and throws a death glare to Jonghyun, “I told you to just wake him up and not to make him worry like hell!! Who even told you to quickly involve Myeon Hee’s name when he needs to figure out it himself!!!??”

“Can’t I just look at it myself? What’s wrong with all of you?!” They keep on leaving me hanging that it makes me even more frustrated and worried. Key looks at me with great uncertainty. “Can I?”

He lays down the laptop on the table and the other two moves in so I can have a better look into it. I breathe in deeply for a while before reading the article that is posted on Starnews.

SHINee Onew announces his engagement to his long time girlfriend, Lee Myeon Hee.

My eyes widen in great surprise and… distress. What is this issue? Is this even true? No. Definitely far from reality. Where did these people get this from?

After two years of his secret relationship, SHINee Onew has finally announced his engagement to Lee Myeon Hee. An official statement from SM Entertainment was released earlier this morning regarding the confirmation of this event.

Taken from the press release, SM Entertainment said, “Onew also has his own decisions in life and since he is on the right age, we have no objection about his engagement to his girlfriend. In fact, their engagement party will be held on the events hall of the company on a private gathering. We will release official photos for the event as well.”

It was also included in the release statement that the company, along with SHINee, didn’t hide the truth for the purpose of fooling people, but rather for the safety of the girl and her family. Also, Onew wants to keep everything in private for a while but they are ready to allow him give his official statement if he wants to do it in the future.

Stay tuned to Starnews as we will try to update you with latest happening regarding Onew’s engagement.

This is sick. Where did they get this idea? I deeply close my eyes and try to think of a very good way to fix this. If the company really released this very false statement, then sure they have used me to cover up those groups’ scandal. Are they saying they are allowing their artists to have their own decision when they’re on the right age? I think that’s simply implying that they will not be hard on those four and the company is coming out clean and good. Why? Why me? Why Myeon Hee? Why us?

“Hyung, are you okay?” Taemin gently pats my back and I look at him irritatingly. Who will be okay during this time? I want to say I feel so pissed off but I don’t want to scare them. I figure out these kids, especially Taemin, feels scared when they see me getting angry. They shouldn’t be involved because they did nothing wrong.

“I need to go see the CEO. This is all his ideas.” I say and immediately stand up, speaking in the calmest way possible though I really want to burst in frustration right now.

“We’ll go with you.” They say but I shake my head. I think I need to go alone. Jonghyun walks towards me and places his hand on my shoulder.

“You never left us. We never left each other. We are involved because it’s you, so we need to go together because SHINee is one. You were being addressed as SHINee Onew, therefore, we are included.” He says in conviction, and that I’m sure that however I try to stop them, they will surely go with me to the company.


A/N: BOOM. Mr. CEO, what are you doing? >.<