Nothing more - Part Three

Safe and Sound

 

Part Three

As I open my eyes, I look at the clock beside my bed to see what time it is. 6:30 am. I have more time to sleep since the manager will pick us up by 10. Today, we have the schedule of going to a fansigning, and then a performance on an event in Seoul. I turn on my side and decide to sleep again. I see my phone. I realize I haven’t called home for almost a week now. The last time I talked to umma was before I left that morning. 5 or 6 days have passed?? I haven’t fulfilled my promise of calling them often for Myeon Hee’s sake. I’m really forgetful especially if work fills my entire time.

I take the phone and decide to call umma. She must be up this time because they usually get up early in the morning for appa’s work. I dial her number and not for a long while, she answers. “Umma… how are you?” With a sleepy voice, I ask.

“You should get up from your bed first and wash up.” Umma says as she probably imagines how I look right now. One eye up and body’s still completely dead on the bed.

“I’m sorry I haven’t called for days.” I apologize immediately. “Been busy these days. How are you at home?” I ask.

“I think you probably need to be specific, Onew.” Here umma starts again. If she calls me Onew then that means she’s supposed to be talking to a mature Jinki. The one she calls a man.

“Specific?”

“Umma, can tell me how Myeon Hee has been doing since the day I left?” Umma funnily imitates my voice and I smile. “Like this, Onew. You should be straight forward.”

Here we are again. Making up issues just because I care for Myeon Hee. “So how is she?” Since umma opens the topic about her, I guess I just might as well ask.

“She’s become a fan of yours…” Smiling unconsciously to what umma is talking, she even adds, “She’s very fond of you. She asks me almost everything about her oppa, and she stays in television a lot more than usual. She waits for music videos, guesting, and news. I don’t know what’s happening, but I think I’m living with an MVP now at home.” She chuckles and it amuses me. An MVP at home? “She has nothing to do at home that’s why I think she has already listened to all your songs. I mean all. And also, she has finished watching your concert DVDs, but last night I think she repeated your SWC II DVD.”

“I see. Is she talking that much now?”

“So much.” Umma says almost exaggerating. “And it’s always all about you. If you can ask her to make a report to what she can say regarding all your music videos, I think she can do a 20 page report. I don’t know but, Onew, she really admires you and I really can observe that.”

I’m speechless. I don’t know what to say on this kind of situation. “Yesterday I ask her if we should tell you to come over, but she refuses thinking it might be a burden to you. I told her then that we could just visit you there but she refused as well.”

“Because she’s still afraid to go out and such?”

“No.” Umma clears. “She told me we might just disturb your work.” She utters. “You see, along with her adorable comments about you. I often hear her words of concerns. Like… you’re almost working 24/7 she’s worried that you cannot eat properly. She tells me she thinks it’s exhausting to be an idol that’s why she doesn’t want to go there. She’s afraid we will just take up your resting time, for she knows rest is what you always need.”

I smile uncontrollably to what umma is saying. “You can visit me anytime, umma.” I say. “But if you think Myeon Hee is still afraid to go out, then it’s fine. Don’t worry about me. I’m always finding the time to rest.” I utter. “Also, tell her that oppa will visit her one day, though I’m not sure when, I’ll surely go home when I find time.” I add.

We talk for a little bit more until I decide to end the call and get up. As I turn around, I almost jump off my bed when I see the other four members all gathering in a semi circle listening to my conversation with umma just a while ago. “Hey, kids! What are you doing here?!!” I shout.

“By oppa you mean what?” Jonghyun asks. “Older brother? Or a potential boyfriend?”

I get up of my bed and stand up, avoiding their destroying questions. “What do you think?” I ask and walk out of my room and they follow.

“You know about this girl I want to date but can’t since we already established a good relationship as friends?” Key says. “Don’t let the same thing happen to you. One day, you’ll just realize you can’t date her because she only looks at you as an older brother. That’s because that’s the image you created to her. If you’re starting to like her then don’t use the dongsaeng-oppa excuse. It won’t work, hyung. I swear it won’t.” Key says.

“Hyung is the type of person who doesn’t realize his feelings immediately.” Taemin utters next. “We talk a lot about this during the time you were at your home and we concluded there’s a great possibility of you liking her, so don’t play the big brother role. You won’t like how it will end up.”

“You’re thinking too much.” That’s the only thing I can utter. I want to protect and care for Myeon Hee. Period. And a part from that, I think there’s nothing more.


A/N: It seems that I'm getting fewer comments... hmmm. having a boring start, eh? That or my lovelies are just busy these days... Anyways... I think I need to do better. :D Will sleep for a while and then will start updating again later. :D