that's because I have her

Safe and Sound

 

“Oppa… the trophy.” She says as she gets on her knees to pick up the trophy that has some crack already. “Aw.. it broke.” She says as she picks the pieces up.

“Myeon Hee-ah.” I go down as well to help her up. I take the trophy from her hands because I’m afraid that she may acquire cut from the broken piece. It is a glass trophy so the pieces are sharp and pointed. “Come on, it’s okay.” I say.

“Hyung…” Minho comes forward and looks at me apologetically. Myeon Hee and I stand up and I face Minho with a stiff expression. “I’m sorry.”

“I’m not done with you guys.” I say seriously and I feel Myeon Hee holding my arm. “Later at the dorm.” I immediately pull of a calming face and turn to Myeon Hee. She tiptoes to reach me closer. I notice she wants to say something so I lean down a bit for her to reach me closer to my ears.

“Someone’s filming the whole thing so you need to act okay and cool. Please don’t get mad, oppa.” She says sweetly. It is not the idea of being filmed that calms me, but rather the moment when she cares and says things in a very comforting and warm way. They say I have the ability to make the atmosphere warm and overwhelming. I didn’t know this is how it feels. I didn’t know such calming words can ease away my anger and madness.

I smile at her and turn to the other SM artists. “I feel overwhelmed.” That’s all I can say and I hold the broken trophy a bit high. “Thanks for this but… can I excuse myself and Myeon Hee for now?” Without any word from them… I walk out of the room while holding Myeon Hee. I don’t know what else happened in the room after we left.

“Oppa… where are we going? We need to go back there. It will be weird because you gave them a very awkward reaction about the prank.” I stop halfway the corridor when she said that. I turn to her.

“How should I react?” I ask and she looks at me confusingly. “I can hide my emotions – but I can’t fake it, Myeon Hee.” I say. I don’t know but I think I scared her a bit with the tone that I used. She is looking at me – trying to read what’s on my mind. “If I allowed myself to react then I might have just punched their faces in frustration. I don’t think it will be good enough for the fans to see.”

“But… they’re just joking. It was all prank, oppa.” She says trying to be calm as well though her voice starts to be a bit shaky.

“Whatever involves you will never be a joke to me.” I say firmly and I look away. I don’t want to meet her gaze with what I’m saying. “If they wanted to prank me they should’ve just taken me and tied me up – but joking about kidnapping you? That isn’t funny at all.”

“I thought it was fun.” She says as she lowers down her gaze. I sigh, go closer to her and put my hands on her shoulders.

“It’s okay… it’s fine now… as long as nothing happens to you.” I say and she raises her head again to meet my eyes. The sparkles on her dark brown eyes almost startle me again. It gives me goosebumps on my nape, but I need to hide it and act like I’m cool and unaffected. “Just please, Myeon Hee – the next time, please bear in mind that the worst thing that can ever happen to my life is losing you…” I freeze for a bit – wondering if she’s feeling weird and uncomfortable to what I’m saying. I’m just indirectly confessing to her, right? “… so please don’t ever do that as a joke. You can joke however you want with me. Push me on the pool. Pull the chair when I’m about to sit. Air the compilation of my voice cracking during an award show. Make me dance without music. Put wasabi on the dumplings I eat. You can do anything – but not joking about leaving me – or someone taking you away from me.” I say continuously as she stares deeply into my eyes.

“I will never do that again.” She says.

“Is that a promise?”

“Promise.”

“I appreciate that. (alternative for “Thank You”)”. I say and without any other word, I pull her closer to me and hug her tightly. She is stiff at first, but later on I feel her loosening up as she starts to wrap her arms around my waist.

**** **** ****

“Hyung.. please, listen to me. It wasn’t my idea. It’s Jonghyun-hyung’s idea to prank you.” Taemin says continuously as all of us arrive at the dorm. I am still removing my shoes and he’s already talking nonstop. The other members are just bowing their heads – guilty. Jonghyun is walking in a bit zigzag motion – probably the effect of what he drank a while ago.

“Hyung, can’t you believe me? Please don’t get mad.” Taemin utters nonstop and I stand up, drop my shoes on the floor loudly and all the members freeze and look at me. Wow. Why do I hear their heartbeats going in an abnormal beats?

“On the living area, now, all of you.” I say and proceed to the couch ahead of all of them. They walk after me and we all sit together in silence. I’m the only one who’s looking straight. All of them are looking down – even the stubborn Kibum is there – looking at his feet.

“I don’t need you to pinpoint. I want the mastermind to admit his fault.” I say firmly. Five seconds later and no one is responding. “You don’t want me to get angrier.” I say and not long after, the four kids start raising their hands. I frown. “All of you?”

“It was just me.” Jonghyun says. “No. it’s me.” Taemin insists. “Hey, stop it. I’m the one who thought about it.” Minho utters. “Shut up, it was me.” Key says. All of them start debating on who to thought of it first – and what’s funny is that they are claiming themselves to be the culprit instead of putting the blame into one another.

“STOP!” I shout and they suddenly stop talking. “I get it. I get it. You just wouldn’t admit because you always want to stay together.” I say. “Now… you don’t know how I felt… please… don’t do that again.”

The four of them look at me. “I have no problem with you taking me as if I am being kidnapped. But please, not Myeon Hee. Not her.”

“She knows what’s going to happen, hyung, so she’s not that afraid. I talked to her.” Jonghyun explains.

“Yes, I know, she knows it, and she didn’t feel that scared. But the thought of it kills me. I don’t know how to explain it but please… don’t joke about her being harmed or in danger. It’s not right. That’s one thing hyung will never find funny.”

“I’m sorry, hyung.” Minho says. “We will not do that again.”

“Fine.” I say and I quickly put at ease all the anger. These kids need to thank Myeon Hee for saving them. If she didn’t talk to me then I might be venting out my anger to them. “Who took Myeon Hee?”

“Victoria and Amber.” Minho says. I nod. That’s why she wasn’t scared at all.

“Who took me?” I ask.      

“Us.” Jonghyun says.

“You used the van, didn’t you?” The members look surprise with what I said. “And… was that Taemin who sprayed the freshener into the van? The jasmine flavor?” I chuckle and remember the ugly and bad smell of the jasmine mixed with a man’s scent. “Was the other perfume from the manager?”

They nod while chuckling. “Seesh.. tell him to change his cologne… it’s too strong.” I stand up and start walking to my room.

“Onew hyung…” Minho calls so I stop. “You’re becoming cooler than ever.” He smiles and gives me a thumb up. “You’re handsome when you hugged her a while ago… you’re cool when you excused yourself and both of you went out of the room… you’re cool while dealing with us culprit. You deserve the award of being the best Kpop leader. You really are.” I think that’s Minho’s congratulatory speech to me so I smiled.

Not that I’m becoming cool myself…. I just happened to have her with me, that’s why.


A/N: Ooohh ~ Now the comments are approaching. So cool ~~ :D Keep them coming !! XD Lovvesss.