The Gift

Safe and Sound

 

“I’m going out.” I tell as I put on my cap. Seemingly oblivious of me going out, the members look at me and frown. “I’m gonna buy something just for a while.” I say. I know Minho will ask where I am going.

“What are you gonna buy?” Because I already answered Minho’s sure question, he asked another one. Choi Minho should just put a tracker on each of us so he won’t ask a lot.

“Something.” I answer without further details. That make all the members intrigue. But before Key could ask another question, I run out of the house leaving.

She needs her own phone, that’s what I think. There are these unexpected situations and she might need the use of cellphone for emergencies and such. I drive myself to the cellphone store I frequent. I have ordered beforehand so I am here just for the pickup. As expected, the person who always attends to me smiles as I enter the store.

“I’ve already packed the phone. Here it is, sir.” She says and hands me the box. I take it and give her the cash. While she’s getting the receipt, I look around and a cute phone strap captured my attention.

“Please pack this as well.” I say and take out cash for the strap. I just find it cute and it goes well with the blackberry I’m giving her. Wait. Can I have the same thing for me? I find it super cute and I just want it on my phone as well. “Do you have another one of this?” She nods at me. “Please. I’ll take two.” I say.

She looks at me as if she’s starting to sense something. I’ve been here a lot of times already so I’ve grown a little closer to this staff. “Why do you need another blackberry, sir? I think you bought one with the same model before as well.” She asks while wrapping the strap. I asked her to give me another Blackberry 9000 bold white. The same phone I bought from them before.

I only look at her. To lie or not to lie? I decide not to talk. She smiles. “I got it.” She looks at me in such a friendly way. “Promise no one would know, though I know your fans will come in just when you go out. I’ll tell them you bought a different cellphone.” She says.

“Thanks.” I know what she’s thinking but I rather not say anything about it anymore. After giving me the receipt and the items, I smile and make my way out of the shop.

I go back. I stop the car at the front of our dorm but I travel my way to my family’s apartment on the opposite side. “Jinki-ah.” Omma says as soon as she sees me. “You’re here.”

“Where’s Myeon Hee?”

I know omma just tries to hide her smile the moment she hears I’m asking for Myeon Hee. She opens the door wide so I can enter. “Myeon Hee-ah… you have a visitor.” She calls out and Myeon Hee comes out of her room. She immediately smiles at me.

“How was your sleep?” I ask the moment we sit together on the couch. She smiles and nodded positively. “I ended the call the moment you stop responding. Did you have a good sleep?”

“A very good sleep… and a very good dream.” She says.

“What was your dream about?”

“It was very dark and I was in the middle of nowhere. My sight is blurry and I can’t see properly. Then out of nowhere, four guys in white gown came singing sweetly. It was like making me calm and serene. Suddenly… a light from above captures my attention. I look up and was blinded by too much light. As I look closer, an angel with very huge wings was coming down for me. He was the one leading the choir of five people. As he stepped into the ground, he covered me with his wings. I felt very warm and protected.” She sighs and looks at me. “Aren’t you guys my angels?” She asks. “You were the one who saved me from that situation.”

“Have you watched that performance?” She frowns. “That performance where we sing Amazing Grace with angel costumes.” She shakes her head and I find it pretty amusing. “You symbolize that child. I didn’t know that performance will be the implication of what’s going to happen in the future. I feel touched and glad at the same time.” I glance at the paper bag I have with me and suddenly remember my purpose of coming there. “Anyways… I came here for this.” I say and give her the box.

Her curious expression appears as she opens the box. 5 seconds later, I see her jaw dropping. “T-this.” She looks at me in surprise. “You’re giving me this?” I nod and smile at her. “No, I mean, this is so expensive, I can’t, oh my, please, take it back, I can’t accept it.” She stutters nonstop while giving me back the phone.

I shake my head and gently push it to her. “It’s a gift.” I say. “It’s a belated birthday gift. I’m sorry my gift arrived few months later.” Aside from the talent of having lame jokes, I also tend to throw in lame excuses. “Accept it. You’ll need to have your own phone.” I say and she looks at me. Hesitation is still on her face. “I earn to help my family and give them everything. Aren’t you a member of my family now?” I ask. It caught her and she nods. “Then you should take it… and please don’t be burdened about it. It’s yours.”

“T-thank you…”

“That’s not what I want to hear from you.” I say, remembering what I told her the last time.

“I appreciate this. I really really appreciate this. How can I show you my great appreciation over this, oh my…”

“Use it every day.” I say. She lifts the phone from the box and notices the dangling panda there. I personally put it there just a while ago. “I saw that on the store. I suddenly thought I was buying a gift for a 5 year old kid so I took it together with the phone.” She looks at me and suddenly pouts.

“5 year old kid?”

Oh… I suddenly felt electrified. Her pout is… uh… nevermind. I quickly regain my sanity and nod while smiling, “Yes. 5 year old kid.”

“Well… you seem just like a 5 year old kid’s playmate.” She utters and looks down. She’s gazing at my side pocket. I followed her sight and notice that my panda strap is out.

“Oh.” I suddenly feel embarrassed but she giggles. I love the sound of her laugh… just like how a five year old really does. So pure and genuine.

“What time are you going to sleep?” She suddenly asks. I want to smile… I know why she’s asking that.

“Hmm… depends on the time you’re going to sleep.” I stand up and fix my shirt. “I’ll go back to the dorm now.” I say. “Omma~ I’m leaving.” I say rather loudly to let mom hear me from the kitchen. She walks with me until we reach the gate. “I saved my number already. If you feel like talking to me, just call, but I’ll call you later before you go to bed.” I smile and walk my way while maintaining my cool.

This feeling is really different than usual. Is my sangtae raging right now? Why do I suddenly want to sing and dance nonstop? I don’t know. This really feels different. Really.


A/N: HELP: PLease tell Onew about what he feels. he seems to be confused. enlighten Onew. What do you think is his feelings right now? Is his sangtar just acting up?? Or is he just feeling something rather unusual? Give me my comments, guys!! Love yah!