Instant

Safe and Sound

 

“We’ll take in charge, Onew-ah.” One of our managers says as we meet them in the company. They have been alerted about the press release, and I think the higher office has already instructed them about what to do.

“I’ll talk to the CEO personally, manager-nim.” I say in such formal way. I really need to talk to him personally. This is not all about work already. This issue contains someone only concerning my personal life. Fine, they can use me, but not like this. Not this way. Not Myeon Hee.

“I said we’ll take charge.” One of the managers raises his tone a little. It’s as if he’s telling me they got more power than I do. I am taken aback, but I need to stand for myself.

“Please, manager-nim.” We are talking outside the CEO’s office so I think the chairman already has the idea that I want to talk to him. His secretary comes out after a while and approaches us.

“You can come in, SHINee. The CEO is willing to talk to you for a while.”

The managers don’t seem to be that happy, but I need to get inside and talk to him personally. I’ll ask him why he did that, and I’ll ask him to fix and take back what the company has said.

“I knew you would all come.” The CEO says as he sits comfortably on his swivel chair while constantly tapping his pen on his table making a distinctive sound that echoes all over the room.

“Please take back what the company has said to the reporters. We know it is not the truth.” I say and he just nods.

“Well of course I know it’s not the truth, but that’s what you call diversion, Onew.” He says and looks up to me, “And I also know what you said about her isn’t true at all.” His expression changes and it suddenly becomes serious and warned. “I know she’s not really a family friend and that she’s with your family because her parents died. She’s not having an amnesia. She’s an innocent girl from some country and is traumatized because she was nearly killed by a ert old Korean man who bought her from her foster parents.” He reiterates all the details about Myeon Hee. “She got here because of fake passports, and Lee Myeon Hee isn’t even her real name.”

“What are you trying to say right now?” Those rare times when I lose my courtesy, I think the CEO himself is surprised on the sudden tone of my voice. He knows everything about Myeon Hee. I don’t know how does he figure it out, but now I want to know what he wants.

“What I’m trying to say is that… right now, I’m the one with the largest power here. I have everything against your sweet little damsel, and in one wrong move, I can make her life even more miserable.” He says with a creepy smiling face. I suddenly feel scared and worried of Myeon Hee.

“You are not serious about this. You should not include Myeon Hee in this.” I say, my voice calmer than how it was a while ago. “I’m okay if you use me, but please, not her.”

“She should serve her purpose.” He simply says and chuckles. “I’ll provide all the papers she needs to have, just in case the media asks for it. Birth Certificate, Educational Background, Family Background. I can make everything as if they’re real, you just need to follow everything that I say.”

“SHINee World won’t like this.” I say. “Super Junior is breaking, Girl’s Generation is breaking, EXO is breaking and so is F(x). Why do you want to make SHINee break as well?” I ask.

“I’m not trying to break you, kiddo. In fact, I’m trying to get you all in spotlight here. Imagine all your fans who have dreamed of seeing you in a wedding suit? Imagine those fans who can see themselves in Myeon Hee’s situation as you deliberately show your love to her? Imagine those who will be envy? I can tell you I can have the means of turning the two of you in such a great item. This way, the attention of the fans will be drawn to you, and they will forget about that photo.”

“How do we get over this? We can’t lie like this forever. We also have our own lives.”

“Let’s think about that in the future, but I want you to follow me from now on.” He looks at me again, “If not, then you know what’s going to happen next.”

“He will probably recognize her. The Korean who almost killed her.” I am most afraid of this thing to happen, that’s why I care so much.

“I have means of protecting someone, so trust me.” He says and chuckles. “What you need to do right now is explain to her everything, and be prepared for the big event. Your engagement party. We’ll invite these prestigious news makers and we’ll make your engagement will be the grandest engagement of the year. This is the first time SM Entertainment will host this kind of party, so you need to do better.”

He’s taking everything lightly as if what we are going to do is the easiest thing to do on Earth. God, he doesn’t even know how to be on this situation. How can I just tell Myeon Hee that she needs to be my fiancé starting tomorrow? How? She’s still afraid and she’s still reserved. How can this work? This thing is so sick. Why does he have to ruin people just to save others whose images were ruined because of their own cause? This is really unfair, but you know I can’t say no.

“Is he a writer? Why does he create fictional event? He’s so funny.” Jonghyun says in a sarcastic and irritated manner. “He should write his own book and publish it so he could earn better. Gosh, sometimes I just want to quit this thing because of that kind of boss.” He utters madly.


A/N: Time check: 1:55 am. LOL. Why am I not asleep yet. Anyways ~ For the first time, I have given the CEO a bad character (or is this not the first time? Nevermind.) Oh now ~ I feel sleepy.