Oppa is a star

Safe and Sound

 

“You’re staying in for the whole night?” Appa asks when we finish eating dinner. We are in the living area finding something to watch in the television. “It’s already past 8 pm. You should stay for the rest of the night and just go back tomorrow morning.” He says and I nod. Meanwhile, umma and Myeon Hee are helping each other in the kitchen.

“Do you still have SHINee’s album, appa?” I ask as I browse on the cabinet under the television. “I just think Myeon Hee should know this thing about me.” I say.

“You’re showing off?” My father chuckles when I responded with a funny expression. “After all, Myeon Hee’s a girl. A very pretty girl.” He says.

“There you go.” I ignore appa for a while when I found the Albums. SHINee World, Y.O.U, Lucifer, and Sherlock are put together in one place. I take them and smile to myself. “What are you saying again, appa?” I ask but he shakes his head while chuckling.

“Nevermind. You’ll figure it out once we go along the way.” He says and just continues browsing on the television.

Myeon Hee comes out after a while. “Umma says I should just be here instead.” She tells us and sits next to appa.

“Hey, Myeon Hee. Are you fond of watching concerts?” He asks and Myeon Hee smiles in delight. It’s obvious she likes the idea of it. “I have a concert DVD here. I don’t know if you know this Korean Group but I think you’ll love them.” He says and holds out a DVD.

It’s SHINee World Concert DVD

“Appa!” I call rather loudly because I am very surprised that he has it on him already. Appa has probably thought about it ahead of me that he intentionally kept the concert DVD to show it to her first.

Myeon Hee looks at the DVD closer and smiles. “SHINee?” She looks at me with a little confused face. “So the kids a while ago are talking about a Korean group?” She asks.

“Hey, appa. I have no plans of showing that to her. Hey, aapppaa, give it back!” I jump towards him but appa sneakily goes out of the couch and heads towards the DVD player.

She giggles, but right now I’m kind of embarrassed to let her see me dance and sing on a concert. I don’t know. I am rather confident of letting her hear my voice first.

The DVD starts playing. I sit on the couch uncomfortable as I involuntarily throw constant glances on her. What will she say about my performance?

“It’s you!!” She shouts in surprise when I appear on the screen after the jump I made on stage. “It’s Onew-oppa!” She covers in surprise.

She herself a bit on the side as she’s confused of why I’m on stage performing. As the concert goes and all of us are being flashed on the screen one by one. She unconsciously points at the screen with an awed expression.

“T-they are your f-friends.” She says when Minho, Jonghyun, Key and Taemin go out one by one. “SHINee… and…” She turns to appa like she’s asking for an answer to her unsaid question. Appa nods and smiles at her.

“Yes, dear, he is an artist.” My father reveals which makes her eyes unusually widens.

“A- an artist?” She asks and looks at me. “You mean… a group of artists saved me and hid me on their hotel room? Oh my…” She looks at me with her sorry face. “Onew-oppa, I’m really really sorry I didn’t know you are an artist and that I was a very great disturbance because you probably had an important event in Hongkong during that time and I was there being all just a great disturbance and I… I… I..”

“Sssshhhh….” Appa says and holds her hands tightly. “Just watch and see how Onew oppa owns the stage.”

She looks at me and I scratch my head in embarrassment. I look and watch as her expression changes when she starts watching the concert. Her eyes widen in – I think – a kind of fascination towards what she is watching.

Few minutes later and we’re still watching the concert. “Are we going to watch everything?” I ask to which appa nods. Myeon Hee seems to be lost on her own world again. Her expression is unreadable again as I really can’t figure out what she’s thinking.

I sit next to her, cross my arms, and look at myself while watching the concert. Yes, we’ve released a DVD of it, and my parents have bought one, but I don’t really get to watch it yet, just now – with Myeon Hee and appa, so I really don’t know what I look like in the DVD, that’s why I’m kind of scared and embarrassed.

She starts laughing as we get to watch the encore performances.

[SHINee World Concert - Bodyguard]

“I didn’t know you have such an interesting work.” She looks at me and smiles. “It’s very cool. Does it mean I get to watch you on television as well?” She asks brightly and excitedly. I nod. “That’s awesome! You’re so cool, oppa!”

Her wonderful eyes sparkle as they express great fascination towards me. I smile. She’s getting better. It’s good that she’s getting better.