spare the day with you

Safe and Sound

 

 “Oh! Onew-yah!” I look at the one who called and found out it is Yunho-hyung. He is now walking towards me. “You look like you're in a rush. What's up? Something happened?” He asks.

 

“Uh... I'm just... I'm late for the meeting with the president, hyung.” I just answer and he frowns.

 

“Why didn't you go with Myeon Hee? I saw her a while go going to the president's office with the secretary. Were you from another schedule?” I hide the panic and I nod. He pats my back a couple of times. “Go now. I'm heading out for a blind date.” He winks and walks away. I immediately head in the office but the secretary suddenly interrupts.

 

“Onew-ssi... Myeon Hee has left few minutes ago.” He says.

 

“Where did she go? What did they talk about?” I ask but he shrugs.

 

“I don't know. I was not there when they're discussing. I don't know where she went either. You should've seen her on your way here. She left just about 5 minutes ago – unless she went on the other way.”

 

I frown. Where will she go? Did the president say something to her that will make her leave me? No. Just no. Without any other word from the secretary, I immediately rush out to find her.

 

She's not in the lobby... not anywhere on the ground floor. I dial her phone. Few seconds later... she takes it.

 

“Myeon Hee? Are you on your way back to the house? I'm trying to find you here at the-”

 

“Jinki-ah?” It isn't Myeon Hee, but umma's voice. “Myeon Hee isn't here yet. She left her phone so I take it.” She says.

 

“She's not there?”

 

“No. I thought you will be going back with her.”

 

“I got it, umma. Thanks.” I end the call and look around the area again. I should go out and find her. She must be walking alone on the street – or I forgot to ask the secretary to ask if they take her back with the car – but it's a waste of time to go up on the 4th floor just to see the secretary.

 

As I am making my way out of the company, I don't forget to greet the guard. And because he is there the whole time, I'm expecting him to know on what direction did Myeon Hee take.

 

“You mean your girlfriend?” He asks and I nod. “I haven't seen her coming out. She went with the president's secretary but she's not coming out yet. Has she ended the conversation with the president. I should've seen her exiting the company then.” He says.

 

Myeon Hee is still inside the company – but to where? I run back inside – hoping to see her on the cafeteria. How about on the exhibit on the right corner of the lobby? Comfort room?

 

No Myeon Hee. Where is she? No. Don't tell me she's gone away. She just told me she's glued herself to me so she's not running away. I need to find her as soon as possible.

 

“Were you looking for Myeon Hee?” As I run back and forth, I saw Victoria noona. I nod while catching my breath. “I saw her take the hallway going to your practice room few minutes ago.” She says.

 

“Thanks, noona.” I say and run on the direction going to the practice area.

 

And there I found her there. Myeon Hee is in the middle of the practice room while closing her eyes. “Myeon Hee-ah...” I call and she opens her eyes to meet mine. She smiles.

 

“I know you will come.” She utters and closes back her eyes as she lifts her head up. “I was waiting for you to find me. I knew you would... and I was right.” She says while smiling.

 

“What did the president say?” I ask while making my way towards her. “You didn't even tell me you're coming here.”

 

“It was sudden – and you're still sleeping. The president is an early man... he arranges meetings at around 6 am.” She chuckles. “He says he likes the fact that you're happy with me – and meets me to personally congratulate me. He didn't do it properly during the engagement.”

 

What? Congratulate her? What on Earth did happen that the president became so soft like that? “Are you sure?” I ask.

 

She opens her eyes, looks at me, and smiles. “Why would I lie to you?” She walks in front of me and cups my face. “Can you spare this day for me? I want to know how to dance... I want to sing with you... I want to take photos with you. I want to do the things you do with you.” She says while smiling.

 

“Okay. We'll do them one by one. What do you want to do for today? Dance?” I say.

 

“Let's do them all today.”

 

“We can't. There's a lot to learn.” I chuckle and caress her cheeks. “It's not like you've tried and learned them all before.”

 

She touches and holds my hands that was cupping her cheeks. “I'm a fast learner.” I can learn everything. She tiptoes and whispers on my ears.

 

“You need to spare a lot of energy for me... because we're going to do a lot.”

 

If it's just imagination or that's how she really says it, I'm confused.... but because she wants to have fun...

 

“Promise me we'll do everything I want to today.” Myeon Hee asks.

 

“Sure. Say it and I'll do it.” I say and plants a small kiss on her nose. “I love you.”