JinHee date part 2

Safe and Sound

 

“Woahh…” I am so amuse by her expression as we walk near the palace. There is a ceremony happening there and it is open to the public so we are able to get close to them and watch what is happening. I look at her again and she has her jaw dropping. Her eyes are sparkling bright in excitement.

“Myeon Hee-ah… your mouth.” I say softly but she looks at me – unable to change her expression and I smile automatically as I see the full view of her adorably looking face. I lift her chin up using my fingers in order for her lower lip to meet the upper one. “Close them tightly, please. We don’t know what kind of insects go around.” I say jokingly and she just smiles in embarrassment.

“This is so beautiful… and look at those ahjussis lining up for the ceremony. Is this usually like this here?” She asks to which I shake my head.

“We came just in time. I think they are doing this ceremony every 2 week of the month.” I say to educate her a little bit about my culture. “This is their way of maintaining the spirit of the kingdom.”

“So beautiful. Can I get inside?”

“I don’t think we can right now.” I say. “They will be doing that until 5 pm today and people are not allowed to go inside the palace during the ceremony. Don’t worry, we’ll just come back again.

Just few minutes after I lifted her chin, I see her dropping her jaw again. I just smile. She’s very fascinated that’s why. I look around and notice three girls taking some pictures towards us. Should I cover her up? Ask her to turn her back away?

“Your mouth, my dear.” I say and lift her chin for the 2nd time. I pull her closer to me by her waist and she almost gets a shock for what I do. I’m sorry Myeon Hee, but please let me boast about you to them.

I point at the three girls and they are suddenly taken aback that I notice them. “You should watch every expression you make coz the kind of camera they have can practically take at least 15 photos every 10 seconds.” I whisper and she looks at me surprisingly, our faces almost just 2 inches away from each other.  I carefully look at her trying not to touch any part of her face with mine. “You see, they are practically taking our pictures right now with this position so smile.” I say and flash to her the sweetest smile that I can make. Does it have the same effect on her as how it does to other girls?

As I smile, I see her staring at me. Her soft expression appears and now 2 inches away from me are 2 eyes sparkling bright. I’m lost. I am the first one to look away and let her go. Her gaze is somewhat… electrifying. I feel like fainting everytime I look at her eyes for long. She really has a huge effect on me.

“Oppa…” She calls and I look at her. “It doesn’t look natural at all. Who on Earth will suddenly pose like that during a traditional ceremony?”

Oh, yeah~ she’s right. Why will we do that anyway? What kind of guy will suddenly pull her girlfriend like that and stare at her for like few seconds in the middle of a cultural ceremony on a sacred place in South Korea? I must be going crazy.

Then suddenly, a couple passes in front of us. I notice her eyes going and following the two. “Is that what is normal to you?” I ask and hide a smile inside. She looks at me, hesitant to give a reply. “Then…”

Without any warning again, I reach my hand towards hers and intertwined our fingers. I press it lightly and she responds with a tighter hold on my hand. It sends me goosebumps – as what is usual with the things she does – but I ignore it and try to act as cool as possible. She smiles.

“This feeling…” She says as she looks down on our hands. “I thought I’ll be feeling this only in the dream. When I was just 7 years old, I used to dream a lot about a certain man who always holds my hand and walks me into a very white paradise. I always thought he is probably my father.”

“Oh.” It was her jaw just a while ago, but now I think my shoulders just fall on the ground. So what does she mean? I’m giving her the feel of being her father? Wow… just… wow.

“It is really… the same feeling.” She says softer as she is still staring on our hands. “The warm hand and soft palm… all the same.” She whispers and slowly looks up at me.

“Hey…” I say and wave my free hand towards her. “Don’t tell me you’re thinking I am the father-like man you’re seeing in your dreams… no, Myeon Hee.”

She grins at me and suddenly wraps her arms around mine. “Appa~ I knew it.” She says – almost giggling. “Appaa~~” Her cute accent reappears and I feel my mind going crazy. “You came. Appa arrived – finally.”

My jaw drops. What is this girl thinking about me being her appa? “Hey, Myeon Hee-ah..” I try to remove my hands from her but she insists and even hugs my arm tighter.

“Appa~ I’m hungry. You should give me some foods.”

She is suddenly getting weirder as we become comfortable to each other. We walk with our hands intertwined together as we head back to the car.

“That will make them my halmeoni, and my harabujji.” She says as both of us occupy our seats in my car. I frown and look at her. Seriously?

“What are you thinking, Myeon Hee-ah ~” I say and sigh.

“It’s because you feel like the father in my dreams…” She pouts and looks at me. “I just want to make some of my dreams come true.” She says cutely.

“Hey, I don’t know how to take care of kids. How do I take care of you?” I know I’m lost already, I should just play along with her cute fooling around.

“Imagine yourself being a father in the future… how will you be?”

I chuckle, “Lee Myeon Hee ~ I haven’t even experience taking care of a girlfriend, how can I think about having a kid suddenly?” I ask in disbelief. When she’s talkative, she’s really surprising and amusing that she almost leaves me speechless every single time.

“But I’m also your girlfriend!” She shouts. I’m dead. I really don’t know what to do right now. I’m officially crazy because of her. I am a confused person but everybody will surely be confused if they talk to her. The members should try chatting with her for a while so they will go crazy as much as I do right now.

“Appa~” I thought she has stopped but she suddenly calls me like that again.

“Yah, aegi-ah ~~” I call back and look at her. I am very surprised with the bright and exciting expression she has. “Why do you seem so happy?”

“Appa.” She repeats.

“If you call me that again, I promise I’ll really be an appa to you, and when I become one. I will be someone who will always discipline you and spank your when you do something bad.” Oh crap. I hope she doesn’t realize the other possible meaning of what I just said. Jeez, Jinki. I told you stop talking randomly!

“Appa.” She even smiles. Sigh… Thank God she’s really innocent as a five year old.

“Fine.” I say in defeat and start the car to leave.

**** ****

“Oh. Can we eat there, appa?” She looks outside and sees the line of street vendors selling street foods. “They look delicious. I really want to try everything!” She says excitedly. She’s unusually lively today.

“Okay. Let’s go buy something.” I say and stop the car nearby. “Stay here and I’ll get you something delicious.”

“No, appa, let me go with you.” She says and immediately opens the door so I cannot stop her more. Man, where can you find this awesome yet very naughty daughter in the world? I should check later if I acquire some white hair.

As I leave the car, she’s already at the stall looking at what she wants. I sigh. She’s really a little kid, if not for her height, she can probably pass as my daughter.

“Oh young miss, what do you want?” The old lady vendor says with full adoration towards Myeon Hee who looks mutually in love with the food in front of her.

“Halmeoni~ everything seems to be delicious. I really can’t decide.” She says while rubbing her palms together – a sign of her excitement and craving. “What do you think I should buy?” She asks her.

“Well… all these are delicious. You just try anything and you surely won’t regret it.” She says as she finds the smile on Myeon Hee’s face amusing. “Have you asked your boyfriend about what he likes to eat?”

I smile and Myeon Hee turns to me. I look at the foods and the hotdog in a French fries wrap really captured my attention again. The members and I always want to eat that food. “That’s my favorite.” I say and point at the specific food.

“This? Oh! Okay, halmeoni… please give us two!” She says. Right. One for each of us. “Wait, appa, do you want one as well?” I nod. “That will be three then, halmeoni!”

Again, the ever so surprising Lee Myeon Hee surprises me again.


A/N:You don't know for how long I was just staring at that hotdog food. I so want to eat it right now. :'( GOSH. /le books a flight to korea just to get this and goes back/