Domineering Jinki

Safe and Sound

 

“I don’t know who the girl is… but who told her to meddle?” The CEO asks us as he calls for the meeting the same afternoon when the sasaeng’s tweets spread like fire on the internet. It creates such noise and the netizens are really active commenting about the issue.

“I’m sorry, chairman. She doesn’t know anything about whatever she does so I apologize on her part.” I say the moment he stops talking. He eyes on me and narrows his gaze, examining me closely.

“How is she related to you? Is it true? She’s your girlfriend?” He asks straightly to which I shake my head. “Then who is she?” He mutters.

“She’s a family friend.” I’ve created the story just before I go here so I know what to say to everything that he will ask. “Umma and Appa had to adopt her when her parents died on a plane crash on one of the islands in the Philippines.” I explain.

The members look at me in surprise. They are probably wondering how on Earth I immediately think of a believable story that won’t make me reveal about how I come to get Myeon Hee. The managers are surprised again, but they don’t dare talk anymore because they know they will just get themselves into trouble if they utter something.

”Your parents? Don’t they live in Gwangmyeong? Were they there with the girl in the apartment?” He asks again, no stopping.

“Yes. Umma suddenly wants to live here, so they will be staying for some months at that apartment.” I explain.

“If she’s a family friend, she must be knowledgeable enough of your work. She must have known how it is to be in this field.” He says as he taps his pen on the table making a small noise inside his office.

“She lost her memory.” I blurt out. “She was with her parents during the accident and she was the only one who survived.” I add. The surprise on CEO’s face cannot be hidden, but he manages to stay contained and unreadable. “Please understand her. She’s still getting better and there are things she can’t really understand yet, plus, you see, she’s not really a Korean, they lived in Korea for just 3 years, and the rest of her years were spent in the Philippines. She’s not that familiar here.” I add to make him fully understand.

“I see…” The CEO’s expression softens. “I understand, but you should look after her. We don’t want worse situation later on.” He adds.

“What will we say to the public?” Jonghyun then utters and the CEO shakes his head.

“Sooner or later… they’ll figure out nothing’s really between the two of you.” The CEO has long concluded until he realizes something and looks at my direction again. He tilts his glass a bit up to see my face clearly. “Unless… you are more than being just friends.” He says suddenly.

“They haven’t reached that part, chairman.” Key suddenly blurts out and we all look at him. It’s too late, though, to take back what he said.

“So you have plans…” Rather than a question, it seems like a conclusion to me. “Not that I’m against it… but you need to be careful.” He flashes a threatening look towards me. “Once fans dislike the idea of this whole thing… I swear it’s not my downfall…” He pauses for a while and slowly points at me. “It’s yours.”

He immediately stands up and fixes his coat. “Be thankful fans didn’t get to take any photo.” He looks at his secretary who is just beside him. “Release a statement saying that Onew has no relationship with the girl rather than his close dongsaeng.” He says and looks at us. “Meeting adjourned. Take care of yourselves, now, SHINee.”

We go back to the dorm and Jonghyun asks if he should tweet about the issue. He normally does that to communicate people so I guess it’s alright.

“I’ll tell them Myeon Hee is just a family friend and that she grew close to you because you’ve been a very good oppa to her.” He says.

“Won’t that be stirring another issue? Fans will start  to think something is really going on between the two of us, or at least in the future.” I say.

 “At least they are prepared.” Jonghyun chuckles and I roll my eyes. Despite the possible issue, they never miss to tease me.

But I’m still worried about Myeon Hee. What if those guys who had planned evil on her before get to recognize her? I mean… yes, the sasaeng fans are not able to take any photos, but what if they get to have her photos in the future and those evil guys will get to discover she’s still alive.

There are millions of girls on that trafficking business… they won’t remember her face anymore.

As I am in deep thought, my phone suddenly rings. I look at the screen and learn that omma is calling. I press the answer button and put the phone on my ear, “omma…”

“Oppa.” It’s not omma but Myeon Hee on the other line. I am surprised and can’t talk for a bit.

“M-Myeon Hee-ah.” As I utter her name, Key exactly walks pass me on the living area. He looks at me in alarming expression and quickly calls the other three. They run and throw their bodies on the couch and I know I’m in trouble again.

“Is everything alright? Did I do something terribly wrong? Did your boss scold you because of me? I’m really sorry, oppa. I thought I can be of help – even for a bit.” She says continuously over the phone. Who would’ve thought that this talkative girl over her was the same speechless girl who looks terribly messy and pitiful almost 3 months ago?

“He scolded us.” I admitted but I still have the light feeling. “But things like this happen, don’t think it’s your fault.” I say.

“Still, you were called because of what I did. Saying that things like this happens doesn’t make me innocent of my mistake at all.” She says.

“You are indeed innocent.” I reply suddenly, not carefully watching what I say. I don’t know. It just came out.

“I’m sorry, oppa.” She says again.

“If you’re really sorry… then you will not repeat apologizing ever again.” I say. “And please from now on, don’t ever apologize to me… or to anyone. I believe you will never go wrong.” I don’t know where do this words are coming from. I turn my back on SHINee members. I know they are there but I don’t want to get affected by their presence.

“No apologizing?” She asks on the other line.

“Yes.” I say. “If I hear you apologizing to someone… I’ll get mad.” Forbidding her of saying sorry doesn’t mean I want her to be rude. I just want her to gain more confidence and trust on herself that she will be doing everything right from now on. Her humility is way underground, I need to lift it up a bit. “By the way… the CEO asked about you.”

“You told him the truth?” Her worried voice reappears.

“Do you think I will?” I chuckle softly and start telling her the story I made. I look sharply at the members when I feel they are all squealing like fanboys on my back. These kids, really.

“I understand. It’s a relief.” She says and I hear her sigh. “Thank You, oppa. You’ve been good to me as well.” She says.

“Number 2, stop saying thank you.” Am I forbidding her to be a good person? No. “Rather than saying ‘Thank You’, I prefer you to say ‘I appreciate that’ more.” I tell her.

“I understand. I’ll bear that in mind, oppa. Thank – I mean… I appreciate it.”

“Good, now go to bed and take some nap so you’ll regain energy. Eat if you feel hungry, okay?” I say and after few seconds, I end the call. Looking at the other members, they are all smiling like foolish kids.

“Hyung… you look very cool while saying all those words.” Taemin says.

“You look very dominant.” Key says. “y Jinki~” The way Key pronounces it sends us all to our butts laughing heavily.


A/N: I love comments, guys, you know that very well. No classes the next day so I'm still up at 1am. hehehe ~ Someone will probably gets mad at me again for staying up so late so I need to rush my way at my bed now.