Don't leave me

Safe and Sound

 

 “Are you okay, hyung?” Key walks over and pats my shoulder during the break of our rehearsal. I nod and force a smile. “You seem to be in deep thought. What did the president tell you? Is it bothersome?”

 

I look at him, trying to think if I should say it or not. I'm afraid they will misundersand – afraid that they will have the same point of view as the president, but I also need someone to tell this. I need some backup – some support.

 

“Hyung?” Key asks and waves his hand towards me. I blink several times but is immediately blinded by someone who covers my eyes from behind.

 

“Hey!” I hold the person's hands to remove it from my eyes but I suddenly feel that familiar softness of her skin. It can only belong to one person. I maintain the same stance. I am almost bending myself backwards because she's a lot shorter than me. I chuckle. I can smell her hands and it's so fragrant.

 

“Who are you?” I suddenly forget all the things I've been thinking just a while ago because she has arrived.

 

“Guess who...” She says playfully and never removes her hands on my eyes. “If you guess wrong in 3 tries, I'll give you the most painful hug ever.”

 

I think she knows all the SHINee members including 2 choreographers are there with us in the rehearsal room, but she's still acting like there's only the two of us.

 

“Hmm... Lee Taemin?” I say first – purposely losing.

 

“Nah... 2 tries left, young mister.” She says playfully again.

 

“Hmm... Kim Kibum?” I utter.

 

“What? You keep on guessing I'm a guy? Aw. I hate you...”

 

“Okay, okay, Luna... I quit. I know you now.” With what I said, Myeon Hee immediately removes her hands and I turn around to see her. “There you go.” I say and spread my arms apart welcoming for her tight hug.

 

She just crosses her arms and looks up at me as if she's mad. I frown. “Something wrong?”

 

“Why do you think it was her?” She says with one eyebrow up. I chuckle. I don't know why she could ever think that I didn't know it was her on the first place. “Were you expecting her to be here?”

 

“Why would I?” I smile but she refuses the hug and starts walking away, “Hey, moody princess, where are you going?” I follow her and grab her hand.

 

“I'm jealous of her...” She admits and pouts. I hear the other SHINe members saying “aww...”

 

“Why will you? Come on, let me have my hug...” I say and immediately wrap my arms around her for a tight hug. “Why are you so moody today? Did something happen?”

 

She shakes her head and looks up at me. “I just miss you. I'm sorry I'm bothering you during working hours. I just really want to see you right now that's why I'm here.” She says with puppy eyes. “I brought some pizza. Umma said you like it... I brought some for the members, too~”

 

“Yey, food!” Minho rushes over the boxes and opens one of them. I look at her and smile as I caress her hair.

 

“I should have a girlfriend soon~” Jonghyun says while looking at us. “Look at us, guys, so lovey dovey... Oh Myeon Hee, can I have a skinship, too?” He walks forward spreading his arms for Myeon Hee but I immediately covers Myeon Hee with my body. No one can touch her like I do.

 

If you have a girl like her, will you be brave enough to let her go just because they feel she doesn't worth it? So what if she comes from a poor family? So what if she was battered physically and emotionally? So what if she was sold like some useless stuff? She's one lovely girl who deserves all the love in the world. If she's not worth it, then I'm willing to go worthless for her. If she doesn't deserve to be SHINee Onew's girlfriend and wife, then I'll be glad to erase my name on the idol's list. She's one special person I want to have for the rest of my life – nobody else.

 

“Oppa... Can I watch you during practice?” She asks dearly to which I nod. “Promise I will not be a disturbance! I'll just sit quietly on the corner!”

 

And she did. She sat there quietly watching us dance on the floor. I look at the other four members. They suddenly start acting so cool and serious. Jonghyun is not in his usual self who makes fun of himself while rehearsing. Taemin is showing off his dancing skills whenever he has the time. Key stops nagging and is all serious, Minho is in his flaming charisma mode. I don't know why everybody start paying attention – as if there are millions of eyes watching them.

 

During water break, the four members walk to me. “Hyung, isn't this just a hidden camera?” Minho asks.

 

“What?”

 

“You and Myeon Hee... how long will this last? One year?”

 

“What are you talking about, kids?”

 

“You're supposed to be the guy who's never interested to girls. You don't know how to treat them... How on Earth where you able to hook up such a perfection?” Key says while shaking his head. “After the hidden camera you're pulling on us, can I date her?”

 

“Yah!” I almost want to hit Key at that moment. “Can't you see that ring on her finger? We're engaged! Why are you... oh, Key, are you trying to do something behind hyung's back?!”

 

“No, no, hyung, we're just asking! We're just envious of you, that's all!” Jonghyun waves his hand defending Key. “It's not only Key... we're also talking about it when you're not with us!”

 

“Aiya~ So I really have to guard Myeon Hee when it comes to the four of you. You guys... tsk tsk.” I shake my head. I look at Myeon Hee's direction and she is smiling to me.

 

“Myeon Hee-ah...” I sit next to her and she smiles, “When we find your parents... will you stick with them?”

 

“Hmm...” She thinks for a while before answering. “If they want me to be with them then I'll stay but if they don't want me anymore then...”

 

“I see... but don't leave me, okay?”

 

“Why will I?” Myeon Hee smiles and quickly plants a kiss on my cheek. “I already glued myself to you so no worries.” She says and I nod. “Now go back to your practice. I'll just sit here and watch you.” She chuckles and pinches my cheek that she just kissed a while ago.



 

A/N: I know I make the lamest chapter title of all ~ Updated like thrice for tonight.. I hope I can update again before sleeping, kay? XD Comments are well appreciated (as always)