Keeps getting bigger

Safe and Sound

 

Fansites shutting down, fans turning their back against the four fandoms, anti fan cafés start appearing. All these happened in just a span of 4 hours after the photo is released. We hear from the manager that the company is doing everything to stop the spreading of the photo and they have been taking down all the photos posted on line. But news in the internet is really fast, I’m sure it has gotten into the international fans already. I look at the other SHINee members who are sitting with me at the living area. It’s almost 6 pm but we never left the house today. We are supposed to have a live guesting but because of what happened; the company postponed all the activities of their artists for this day.

We barely talk. All we do is look at each other in the eyes and sigh as deep as possible. This is a big trouble and I know our group will be affected somehow. We are not talking about a single group here. F(x), SUJU, EXO, and SNSD are groups with such huge fanbases. This is not a joke for all of us.

Taemin’s phone suddenly rings. It’s Sulli calling.

“Sulli-ah? How’s everything there?” He says in his worrying voice. Sometimes I think Taemin has a secret fondness towards Sulli. I have caught him secretly looking at her during the times that we hang around together. Not just once – there are a lot of instances when I see him just randomly staring at her for a bit. “Really?? Oh God… that would mean a long rest? No? You’re going to work without her? That must be very difficult. Eh? Eunhyuk-hyung as well? Why? What is happening?!” Taemin’s expression is in panic. He looks as us as if something really big comes up. After few more talks with Sulli, Taemin is able to end the call and face us.

“Krystal is going abroad for 6 months, while Eunhyuk hyung is going to the army.” Taemin announces which makes us all in shock. Eunhyuk hyung isn’t even involved to the scandal, but look at him suffering right now. I don’t think he already has the idea of army in mind, now the company is going to force him to it. But Krystal, I heard her auntie is asking her to study music abroad, I think it’s the one Taemin’s talking about.

“I’m talking to Yuri noona on SNS.” Minho says and our attentions are suddenly into him. “The CEO announced just a while ago that we are releasing a new girl group. Her sister will be debuting soon, and they are planning to disseminate the information tomorrow morning.”

So here we see how the company is doing everything to steal the fans’ attention and make them look into something else. Releasing another girlgroup will somehow erase the impact that photo has made publicly. This is really bothersome; thank God none of my members is involved.

I am listening to them when the manager suddenly calls me. “Yes, hyung?” I say as soon as I pick it up.

“Onew-yah… Suju’s guesting will all be taken over by SHINee.” He announces, “And they’re radio DJ-ing will be given to you and Minho for a while. The company has banned them from the appearances the entire month.”

“All of them?” I am just surprised that all the members will be suffering with what only one of them did. Sometimes, the CEO’s way of disciplining his artists is a little overbearing. I feel sorry for the sunbaes. They must be really depressed right now.

Amidst all the issues and chaotic happenings in the company, I have never forgotten about my promise to Myeon Hee. Right after washing up, I quickly change clothes and head to my window inside the room – the same window where I saw him last night.

She’s not yet there. I take my phone and dial her number. Perhaps, she must be sleeping already.

“Oppa…” She immediately answers after 2 rings. I smile as I hear her voice. It is very angelic and it makes me forget everything that happened earlier.

“I thought you were sleeping already.” I say.

“You told me you’re going to call… and besides, I really can’t sleep that fast. I told you I’m always afraid of being alone.” She replies. “Where are you?”

“At the same  place where you met me last night.” After saying that, I immediately see her appearing on the opposite window. She smiles and waves happily at me. She looks really cute while smiling. I wish she never erase that on her beautiful face.

“How’s your day?” She asks and I sigh upon remembering what happened earlier again. She might have felt something’s wrong. “Did something happen? You can tell me. I’m a good listener.” She says.

Feeling so comfortable with her company, I start telling her what happened. On the opposite window, I see her nodding while I talk. It’s like we’re conversing personally though we’re meters away from each other.

“You can’t imagine how big that effect will be to the four groups. I’m scared of what’s going to happen to them.” I say worriedly and I see her nodding.

“I hope it fixes soon, though. This scandal really makes people worry so much, and I can’t blame the fans for reacting that way. I mean… they’re big artists as how you describe them, and if fans who idolize them suddenly see those photos then… that’s really a big mess.” She says as if she can be opinionated a lot about these things. I think Myeon hee is really intelligent. She’s very witty so I hope she doesn’t lose the brightness in her. I also hope she could loosen up to other people as well. “You might start exhausting yourself because you’re going to take over their work. You should get a lot of rest, oppa.” The ways she utters oppa is just lovely. I would love to hear it everytime.

“Okay, but I told you I’ll only go to bed once you’re asleep.” She smiles to me from the other side and waves. I nod and she slowly closes the window. I hear her little movement on the phone.

“I’m on my bed now, oppa, and I’m not afraid to sleep anymore. Goodnight and thank you. I always feel happy whenever you talk to me – no, I appreciate it – more than you can imagine.”


A/N: Guys... give me my comments. :D Love you all! Will update again later!!! :D Watch out for the next chapter will be very exciting!!