I'm Responsible for Her

Safe and Sound

 

No… No… please… No… NOOO!!!!

I automatically get up when I hear someone shouting. I look at the bed and see the girl sitting. She is awake and like how she looked yesterday, she is still scared, shaking, and panting, catching her breath.

“Miss… Miss, are you okay?” I almost jump on the bed in surprise because I am too worried. She probably gets scared of me as she immediately curls herself and lies her back flat on the heard board. She shakes her head at me as if she’s afraid I’ll do something to her. “No please. It’s okay. I’m not doing anything.” I try hard to speak in fluent English. I bear in mind that she needs to understand me. “I’m a friend. I helped you last night.” I utter again, not moving an inch, hoping she can get to feel comfortable around me so we can help her.

She stares at me and her eyes carefully soften. I sigh and take the blanket to place around her. She has become calmer but she’s still catching her breath a little. “Please don’t worry.” I tell her. I suddenly feel my stomach growling; oh no it’s not mine. I look at her. She hasn’t eaten anything yet since last night I think. I just also realize she’s very thin. That is probably why I lifted her up easily last night. “Come. Let’s eat.” I say softly and she just looks at me. “Come.” I utter again. She slowly reaches for my hand and I understand she needs someone to make her feel her secured. Am I the person to do it? I reach for her hand and hold her hand tightly. She’s very cold. “There at the table.” I say and slowly pull her closer. She moves without any words. As I help her get up of the bed. She sees the other four guys lying down on the floor. She almost curls herself to me again upon seeing them. I think if she is not treated immediately, she will start to have phobia upon seeing men. “They’re my friends.” I say and she looks up at me. I nod. “It’s okay.” I whisper and place my hand on her back for support. I guide her to the table and she curls herself again when she occupies one of the chairs. I am about to go to the kitchen when she holds me back, her hands both holding my wrist tightly.

“Just look at me.” I simply utter and gently remove my hand from her. She frees it but I understand she never removes her sight on me as I walk around finding something to eat. Taemin has saved a ramen somewhere. I open the cupboard and there I see Taemin’s ramen. When we go abroad, Taemin will always ask the manager to go find a Korean Store because he only feels relaxed and at home if he sees ramen and knows he can eat them anytime. There are 6 packs of ramen in there. Each of us takes one while the sixth pack goes to Minho because he eats like a horse. Today he needs to be satisfied with only one pack because I will give this to… what’s her name?

I constantly look at her and always found her looking back – it’s either she’s guarding herself from me or she just couldn’t feel at ease without knowing I’m just around. I don’t know for right now I really cannot read her mind.

“Here.” I place the very hot ramen in a bowl at the table. “Eat.” She stares up at me so I smile. “It’s good.” Though I feel sorry that I can’t cook her more decent food that she needs right now. She shakes her head and I sigh. “Please.” She doesn’t talk and just stares at the empty space.

I take a spoonful of ramen and blow into it to lessen the hotness. I decided to feed her rather than see how she starves herself when I can clearly do something to give her food. She looks at me when I direct the spoon towards her. “Please eat.” I utter and carefully feed her one spoonful. She takes it.

“What’s your name?” I ask after she takes few more spoons, hoping she finally feels comfortable around me. I notice she is looking away again. She’s been awake for about an hour but I notice she constantly looks at an empty space. “What did he do to you? Who is he?” I ask continuously but there is no single response coming from her. “Are you okay? Do you want me to take you to the police station?” I ask again.

Then tears suddenly start falling from her eyes. I am bemused by her tears for they fall silently. She’s not sobbing. There is no sound, only those tears. I know she’s crying because of so much fright and depression.

“I’ll stop asking.” I tell her and she just lets her tears fall while staring at a blank space. I don’t know what she’s thinking – well I wish I do.

“Hyung.” Key calls out so I look at their direction. He’s standing while the other three are sitting rubbing their eyes. I look at her and her mind is still not with us. I ask Key to slowly walk forward and he follows. “Is she okay now?” He peeps at her and she doesn’t move an inch – comparing to how she acted so much in panic a while ago, she seems to be blank and unconscious now. “What’s your name?”

She shakes her head. Key pulls out a chair and sits really close to her. “You should talk to us so we can help you out, okay?” The girl bows her head down. “Miss. Please. You need some help. We’re good people. We’ll do something to help you so please, cooperate with us.” He says.

“Hay, hyung, I quit. It seems like she is really traumatized with what happened. I’ll tell this to the managers so they can call the police officers.”

Key stands up and the girl immediately holds my hand tightly. Her eyes full of fright. “Kibum, stop. Stop.” I say and Key freezes a bit. I reach for my phone and dial someone’s number. Not long ago till the phone rings, umma is already on the other line.

“Jinki-ah, umma and appa just arrived here in Hongkong. Can we have lunch together before appa gets into business?” That’s what I immediately hear when umma answers the phone.

“Umma… can you go here at the hotel? I need you and appa’s help.” I say and look at her face. I don’t know if she can understands me but she is just staring – with her gaze unreadable. “I’ll send you our place, thank you, umma and please take care of yourselves, and can you bring some lady’s clothes over? Thank you again, umma. See you.” I can imagine my mother’s face when she hears me asking for a lady’s clothes.  

 


A/N: This was supposed to be a very long chapter but I decided to cut it into two. Chapter 4 will be up real soon. About Onew being manly here in the fic -- well, yes. I don't intend it, but I guess that how he will appear here. Remember, guys, it's Onew narrating the story - sure he'll create his own image. LOL. drop some comments, babies! :)) [PS: Onew just tweeted a cute "Ppway tting" - fighting - just saying. :D]