Together

Safe and Sound

 

As we head back to the van going home, I reach for my phone on my pocket to call Myeon Hee. I need to find out if she already knows about this. The local news program must have reported it as well today.

She quickly answers after the 2nd ring. “Oppa? Are you okay?” She quickly asks with a worried tone. I’m guessing she knows it already. “Where are you? Appa went to your dorm just a while ago and he said you weren’t there.” Surprisingly, I don’t know why she doesn’t seem to be scared about what’s going to happen at all. Wait, are we thinking about the same situation here?

“Have you seen the news? Did they report it on television as well?” I ask to make sure.

“Yes.” She answers back. “And I’m worried because I know it’s not true and people might misunderstand the reality between us. I don’t want to drag you into this mess, oppa. I’m sorry.”

“What are you saying??” I start to feel a little disappointed because she’s blaming herself again. Why would she think this is her fault? “You even care more about me than yourself? Lee Myeon Hee, we’re talking about your privacy and your exposure to the people here. Aren’t you afraid?” I ask and she suddenly gets silent on the other line. “Myeon Hee-ah?”

“I… I know.” It is as if a large realization just hits her. “And… I know he can find me…” She says with her voice lower than how it was just a while ago.

“It’s supposed to be me who needs to be sorry for letting this happen. Myeon Hee-ah… I’ll call you later, okay? No, I’ll go there when we reach home.” I say and end the call finally.

Inserting back the phone into my pocket, I notice the other four members looking at me suspiciously. I glare at them, “What’s wrong?” I ask.

“Good thing this is not the right time to tease and interrogate you nonstop.” Minho says without interrupting the eye to eye contact with me. His huge eyes sure say a lot of things.

“But we are a little curious about how Myeon Hee got herself a phone. Create your excuses for later.” Jonghyun says and stares out of the window as if he didn’t say anything.

Okay, so these young super smart kids probably thought about me giving the phone to Myeon Hee. I shrug and act as if I’m innocent of everything.

“I’m going to the other house for a while.” I say when we arrive at the dorm. The other members nod and I climbed off the van heading to the house opposite ours. SHINee look at me from far away, I bet they also want to hear what we’re going to talk about. I’m sorry guys, but your looks and gazes might make Myeon Hee uncomfortable.

“Good thing you have arrived.” Omma says as she opens the door for me. “We’ve been discussing about what to do on this situation.” We head to the living area and then I see appa and Myeon Hee talking together.

“I’m sorry, omma, appa, I had no idea about this. I am also surprised upon seeing the news this morning.” I say.

“Did you go to the company? Were you able to talk to the CEO?” I nod at appa’s question. “What did he say?”

I’m hesitating about letting them know the CEO figured out the truth about Myeon Hee. I don’t want to make Myeon Hee worry too much. I gaze up at omma and appa, and then I throw an uncertain look at Myeon Hee.

“It’s better if I will know everything.” Myeon Hee says in a serious tone. I can see worries on her face but she’s rather concerned about what’s happening. “Please don’t hide anything from me. I can take and accept whatever it is.” She adds.

I sigh before continuing what I got to say, “The CEO figured out the truth, and I think he will be using that against us if we don’t go according to his plan.” I announce. They are surprised and are not able to give a response immediately. “I don’t know what to do, seriously.” I say.

“I’m afraid we’ll have to follow him.” My appa says. “He has something that he can hold against us, and it’s more dangerous.”

“What are we going to do now?” My mother asks.

“We need to keep her safe, make sure she can’t be recognized from her previous look.” My father sighs for a while before continuing. “I know this will sound weird for a man talking about this but… makeup do wonders.” He announces. If we were on an ordinary day, I’ll surely laugh to appa talking about makeup. But appa has a point. Eye makeup alone can even make her hard to recognize, and as Myeon Hee told me before, the Korean will have a hard time recognizing her because she never looked straight to his eyes and she always kept her head down.

We have no choice right now but to make this happen, and make sure no one catches us. All we need to do is to change this shy, vulnerable looking girl to someone who is most confident about herself and smiles often. Wait till they get to see how she transforms to be someone who’s not afraid to face her world.


A/N: Another update for all of you, lovelies ~ I finally found the face of Lee Myeon Hee !! You'll see her later on!! :D