They got my back

Safe and Sound

 

“So what is this all about, hyung?” Key asks as soon as I take my seat on the round table few meters away from the bed. It is a big room enough to accommodate the five of us but since the management is rich enough, this room is only for Jonghyun and Taemin. Key and Minho occupied the same room as this while I also get the room just like this.

I sigh and look at each of them. “Promise me you’re not going to decide ahead of me after I tell you what happened.” I say to make myself sure about what I’m going to do – well, I’m not really sure what to do next – with her.

“Just tell us about it.” Minho utters impatiently.

“Promise me.” I insist.

“Okay. I promise.” Jonghyun says and I look at Taemin. “I promise.” Taemin says. “Promise.” Minho follows.

“How about you?” I ask Key lastly. He shakes his head. “Then go out for now and go back once I’m done telling them what happened.” I conclude.

“Okay fine. Fine. Promise.” Key finally gives in.

I breathe deeply. Okay, I need to tell this to them in order to have a backup. I cannot handle this thing alone so I badly need them by my side. I start telling them what happened from the moment I left the room up to the time I came back running after my breath.

“You what?!” Key automatically stands on his seat and his chair makes some noise. I look at the girl and notice she doesn’t move an inch. “You stole her from someone who was just about to kill her?! Are you crazy, hyung?! Didn’t you think of what could’ve happen if he happened to see you while you’re taking her?!” He shouts in frustration. Minho, Taemin and Jonghyun are just silent, but I know they are all in rages trying to control themselves.

“I know but I really went out of my mind when I heard the guy telling her he’ll kill her. I just had to save her. I don’t know. My instinct told me I should run and get her.” I explain to him.

“Screw your instinct.” Key says and starts talking as if I’m not older than him. “You don’t know where you just put yourself into. What if that guy traces that girl here in our room?!” He shouts. “I can’t believe you, hyung, this is a real trouble!”

“Chill, Kibum-ah.” Minho has no choice but to keep himself cool. It is a tradition in SHINee to allow only one member to get angry at a time. If someone’s already in a not so cool temper, then everybody needs to quit getting angry and allow the one person to be in rage – regardless of how someone else wants to explode as well. Only one person can get mad from time to time.

“I… I just can’t bear seeing her hurt any longer.” I utter, almost whispering, while my eyes are fixed on her direction. “If you were there with me and you saw how badly she was being treated, for sure you’ll feel the same.” I look at Key’s eyes sincerely. “Who on Earth will a normal person think of involving himself into trouble – especially if he knows he’s not the only one that can be affected – but she’s hard to leave just like that. I’m afraid of hearing the news the next morning saying someone in our hotel was killed. I can’t. My conscience won’t make me rest forever.” I tell them honestly – you see, that is entirely the truth.

“Have you thought of anything to solve this thing? Like… should we bring her to the police station so she can stay with them and they can help her?” Minho suggests.

“I’m planning on doing that… once she wakes up.” I say. “For now, let’s settle with this. Since this is Jonghyun and Taemin’s room, you guys can go to my room and I’ll sleep here instead. I’m sorry I had to bother you so much but please go to your respective rooms to take some rest.” I tell them. Key immediately stands up and takes his luggage with him. Jonghyun follows, and Minho does the same.

“Taemin-ah… go with the hyungs.” I tell Taemin when I notice he doesn’t even move an inch. I look at him and he shakes his head. “Why? Is something wrong?” I ask.

“I’ll stay here with Onew hyung.” He declares. “Jonghyun hyung, you can go to Onew-hyung’s room now.” He says confidently.

“Why?” I ask.

“What if the guy really traces her here and you are caught off guard? I need to be here with you to help you fight him.” He says and I must admit the maknae really touches me so much. I smile, stand up and mess up his hair.

Minho then puts his bag down. “I’m staying as well.”

Jonghyun does the same and smiles. “SHINee needs to fight together, so I’ll stay as well.” He says.

“If I stay, that means I’ll have to sleep on the floor?” Key asks and I nod. “I’m not sleeping here. You are good enough to fight that guy.” He says and leaves. Jonghyun counts 5 seconds and we see Key coming in again. “What if the guy enters the wrong room and I’m alone there? I should stay here then. SHINee needs to be always five. Gosh, why do they like to give us separated rooms?” He says and drops his bag on the floor.

I voluntarily spread the comforter on the floor to device a bed for everyone. We are sleeping like that in traditional houses when we are clearly having one of the most luxurious hotel rooms we could get to have.

As I lie on the bed, I feel the other members thinking of something deep. I know they are thinking the same as I. “Hyung… if just in case we cannot take her to the police station, what are we going to do about her?” Minho asks. I thought he has been sleeping. I bet he can’t sleep as well.

“I’ll ask umma to get her and adopt her.” I joke. “You know how mum would always ask me to get a girlfriend so she can have a daughter. She can just take her and dress her and take care of her as her daughter.” I tell them.

Key look at me with a funny expression, “Are you saying you’re going to make her your girlfriend and introduce to your parents? Wow, hyung, you just got yourself a girl.” He says.

“No. Not as my girlfriend. As her real daughter. I say, adopted.” I clear myself.

“But she’s a real beauty, hyung.” I hear Taemin’s voice.

“You think so-“ I am not sure where is his voice coming from but as I look beside me I only see 3 other kids with me. Where did the maknae go?

“She’s beautiful, hyung, look.” That’s when I realize Taemin is actually at the bed staring at her. I stand up and the other three follow.

“What are you doing, Taemin-ah?” I ask when I notice he is staring so closely at her. “What if she suddenly wakes up? She’ll be frightened.” I say worriedly.

“She’s sleeping soundly, how can she just wake up?” He says and gently pokes at her cheeks.

“Taemin-ah~” I call out.

“Look. Really, her cheeks are like cotton. So soft and puffy.” He smiles as I see how fascinated he is suddenly towards the girl. “I feel sorry for her. She looks kind and sweet. I don’t know why she had to undergo that kind of pain.” Yes, Taemin, I feel for you. I exactly feels the same as how you are feeling just now for her.

I look at the other members and see their amusement on her as well. “Kids, you okay?” I ask when I realize no one’s talking.

“Aish. Don’t make me want to look at her for long. That would make me pity her so much.” Key says and immediately tugs himself at the floor where the comforter lies.

“And why don’t you want to pity her?” Jonghyun asks following Key. “I mean, she’s worth pitying for, but the way Onew hyung talks about what happened…”

“If I pity her just like how you guys do, we will end up doing something based on what we feel. How about what is right? Someone in SHINee needs to be in the right state of mind. You can fall for her undenying beauty but please, not me. You’ll need me later.” He says and quickly closes his eyes. “Please go to sleep now, I hate noises when I’m trying to rest.” Key says with his eyes shut. I shrug and look at the members. Taemin is hesitant to leave her but he notices we’re starting to lie back so he follows.


A/N: I just got home from school and this is all for you, guys. :)) I'll sleep for now and if I'm in the mood when I wake up, I'll post the next chapter ~ :) I think I have written until chapter 5 or 6 as of now. See yah. Don't forget to drop some comments!! :)