She's overpowering

Safe and Sound

 

“No, please. I’ve been telling you she’s a private person. I’m not letting her do the interview. I’m sorry.” I say and immediately end the call. Jonghyun, who was sitting beside me on the couch, looks at me worriedly. I’ve been receiving a lot of calls about an offer to do an article about me and Myeon Hee. Some of them are asking permission to talk to Myeon Hee, while some are just trying to ask to take her pictures.

“It’s the 8th caller.” Jonghyun sighs. In almost an hour sitting here with Jonghyun, I have received 8 calls from the reporters and all I say is no. I don’t want Myeon Hee to be interviewed. “Myeon Hee gives the people a mysterious feeling so reporters are trying to scoop her. It’s a hit, hyung. Someone who will interview Myeon Hee exclusively will surely get a high pay.”

“No one will.” I answer full of determination. It’s enough that Myeon Hee’s name is involved and they are at feast talking about me and her. It’s enough that they are making her scared to death because she keeps on hearing her name on television. It’s enough that Myeon Hee knows a lot of fans are already eyeing on her. It’s enough. Getting her for an interview is too much for her to handle.

My phone rings again. I quickly answer it without looking at the screen. “Please, I told you we will not do any – ”

“Jinki-ah…” I suddenly recognize my mother’s voice. “Can you come out for a while? Your manager arrived with a reporter. They’re saying the management has allowed the reporter to conduct an interview with Myeon Hee. Your coordinators and stylists are all here as well. They say they are in-charge of making Myeon Hee looked better.”

“What?!” I immediately stand up and run outside without any warning. Why can’t they leave Myeon Hee alone?!

“Oh, good thing our Onew-ssi is here.” The reporter immediately greets as she sees me. “Don’t worry, I have already gotten a permission from your company.” She says.

“You can talk to me, but Myeon Hee isn’t someone from SM so… she’s not part of the permission you got.” I say as polite as possible. I don’t want to give bad impression to the reporters because these people… they can either make or break you.

“Come on, Onew-ssi. You know I write good articles about SM artists, no need to worry, I’ll surely make your article the best one.” She assures and smiles at me.

“Where’s Myeon Hee?” I look at umma when I notice she is not in the room with the others.

“She’s on the room and the coordinators are doing her makeup.” Omma answers. “Onew-yah, are you sure Myeon Hee won’t get hurt from this?” She worriedly asks.


“Of course not, ahjumma. Just trust me.” The certain reporter that SM secretly pays to make good article for them smiles calmly and reassuringly to my mother. “It’s so sweet that you care so much for your future daughter in law. She must be very precious for her to be treated like this.” She says.

“She’s our precious gem.” Appa replies. “She’s one important person in each of our lives, that’s why as much as possible we’re taking good care of her, because if she ever gets hurt, then it will surely break our hearts. Please be gentle as you ask questions to her, if she don’t answer, please respect that.”

“Okay.” The reporter says. “The company says they will release another statement regarding the two by the end of the week, so I guess I’ll rely on that mostly, I’ll just ask her subjectively to make the public observe about how she thinks and acts.”

We wait for another 10 minutes until the coordinator goes out. “She’s pretty but I guess she even got prettier when we dressed and colored her face.” She says excitedly and opens the door widely to let Myeon Hee come out.

I look at the photographer and he quickly sets his camera to capture Myeon Hee as she comes out. “Please don’t take so much.” I even bother to say and the photographer just smiles at me.

“She’s very beautiful!” I am surprised by the reporter’s remarks so I automatically turn my gaze into Myeon Hee’s direction. “You look great, Myeon Hee-ssi!”

I am in awe about how she can suddenly transform into one young sophisticated yet wholesome girl. She’s very beautiful and I can’t deny the fact that she has blown me away. She gazes up and our eyes meet. She catches me staring and suddenly gets embarrassed and looks down on the floor trying to hide her shyness.

“Your dongsaeng looks very beautiful.” Omma leans close to me and whispers.

“She’s supposed to be my fiancée.” I whisper back and look back at mom. I am confused for a moment of why she’s looking at me like that until I get to realize what I just said.

“Did you realize what you said now?” Mom says while smiling teasingly. “Yeah… of course, she’s your fiancée from now on.” She looks at Myeon Hee again and clasps her hands together, “My future daughter in law.” She utters sweetly.

Her beauty… her smile… everything about her… is overpowering. 


A/N: I realized we don't have the poster yet... but too busy to even ask for it on a shop - plus, I don't have any idea of how the poster will be. Can  someone just make a poster of this? It's good if the poster  will come from a reader. But nevermind if no one's gonna do it ~ I like your comments long. Thank you, guys. :D :D :D Oh, and the interview article about Myeon Hee will come out later!!! :)