Will never

Safe and Sound

 

 My usual morning starts with either a phonecall or a message from Myeon Hee. As I wake up at around 7 am, I look at my phone immediately but there's no message nor missed call from her. I sit up straight on the bed and take my phone. I dial her number.

 

Out of reach.

 

I try it again but I get the same words from the network operator. Where is she? Is she still asleep? But why is her phone out of reach? Perhaps the phone ran out of battery?

 

I decide to completely rise up and go outside to have some wash. Myeon Hee probably is still sleeping and I don't want to disturb her. I'm sure she'll contact me once she's awake or has her phone in full charge.

 

The other four members are already outside in the kitchen having their morning coffee. I sit beside Jonghyun and he just looks at me and nods as a recognition. Key voluntarily stands up to get me a cup and pour me some coffee. I smile and take it to have few sips.

 

“You haven't told us about what happened with your meeting with the president.” The usually interrogative Minho butts in after few minutes of unawkward silence.

 

“What about it?” As much as possible, I don't want it to seem like it's something very serious. I want them to think what we talked about isn't something to be worried about.

 

“What happened? What did he say? Why did he has to call you alone... without the rest of us? Does it have something to do with Myeon Hee?”

 

“Chill. One by one, please.” I joke and chuckle. “It's not something serious... though.” I say.

 

“You're not good in lying, hyung. Stop it.” Key says. “Tell us what happen, come on, it's not like you can really lie to us... and no matter how selfish we can be, you know we will always side you.” He assures. I guess I have no other options but to tell them what really was the conversation between the two of us.

 

“He's one funny guy.” Jonghyun utters and shakes his head after hearing the whole story. “He wants the both of you together... and when he figures out she doesn't worth it, he wants her out of your life suddenly... not to mention when he figured out she's originally his stock holder's slave. What is he? Does he think he owns a puppet community where everyone will work according to how he wants it?” He adds in disbelief.

 

“But you know that's really how it works... whether we like it or not.” Minho says.

 

“What did you say, hyung?” Taemin asks.

 

“Of course I told him I won't let go of Myeon Hee. She's not a thing you can pick and throw away whenever you want. I told her I'm willing to defend her however possible... and that my feelings for her is real.”

 

“You know that's not so easy to please the president. When he says, he wants it to happen as soon as possible.” Key mutters.

 

“If he's asking Myeon Hee to leave then it's like asking me to be out of his company as well.” I say firmly. “If he can stand Myeon Hee... then I'll leave with her.”

 

What I said make all the members look at me. They are speechless and don't know how to start a reaction. “Hyung.. what... are...” Taemin says while stuttering.

 

“You're not leaving us.” Jonghyun answers back. “If you're thinking about breaking up with SHINee just in case then it's a big NO.”

 

I don't say a thing. I just stare at my coffee and let them absorb my silence. Someone makes a “tsk” sound. “Hyung.” Taemin calls and I automatically look at them. “I'm with you. I always believe in you. I always believe hyung always considers everyone's feelings before deciding on something.. so I won't forbid you on anything.” He smiles. I do the same.

 

“What if Onew hyung leads into the decision of leaving us?” Jonghyun asks to which Taemin shrugs his shoulders.

 

“If it's the best decision he could choose then I have no say about that.” He says and smiles again while getting a bread from the plate.

 

“I won't.” I look at them. “Myeon Hee is important to me... but SHINee is a part of my life.” I say and curves appear on the members' faces all at the same time.

 

After the breakfast, I realize Myeon Hee hasn't called me yet. I try to call her but she still doesn't answer so I decide to go to the next house and look for Myeon Hee. I am surprise to hear from umma.

 

“Someone from your company went here and said that the president wants to see Myeon Hee in his office. They left immediately.”

 

“You didn't say anything to me before allowing her to go, umma.” I say – starting to get irritated. She should at least called or anyone of them should've informed me of it.

 

“That's because the person said you already agreed to it so I said it's fine and I thought you were still sleeping so we didn't bother.” She explains.

 

“But umma...”

 

“She's in good hands because she's going to your company. You don't need to worry about her, Jinki. The person said they will go back after 4 hours so you don't really have to worry anymore.”

 

The last time the president talked to me, he discussed to me about leaving Myeon Hee. Who wouldn't be worried now that he's up with Myeon Hee by this time?

 

“I'm leaving.” I say and drive myself to the company.


A/N: Hi guys ~ here it is, chapter 47. I have this random thoughts in my mind about certain stories ~ but nevermind, half the stories I think about never get to be a written fanfic anyway. Need your comments in this.. tell me what you think!:)