I lost my mind

Safe and Sound

 

“Okay, SHINee… we’re done for today. Thank you for your hard work!” The photographer says after taking the last shot. We all go to her and sent our gratitude towards a good working time with her. We also do the same to the staff. We make sure there is no one in the group that we won’t say our thanks to. Myeon Hee, on the other hand, is still on the computer area. She is fidgeting. I don’t understand why she has become very uncomfortable to look at after that conversation with Jonghyun. I’m not really sure about what they talked about. She doesn’t tell me.

“You work hard. Thank you very much.” I say to every crew that I come across to. They will smile back and greet me. Working with the team is such a pleasurable experience.

As we finish greeting everybody, we start walking away. I am walking my way towards Myeon Hee, and they follow.

“Oh I forgot.” Key suddenly utters. “Today’s supposed to be National Leader’s day.” I look at him in mixture of surprise and confusion. I’ve been with them for five years but this is the first time I ever heard of the National Leader’s day. “So it’s Onew hyung’s day.” He adds.

“My day?” I utter and look at all the members. “What’s up with National Leader’s day? I never knew such event exists.” I tell them.

“This is the first time that the world will celebrate it… so we have to celebrate together.” Taemin says. “What about some dinner together and few drinks??”

“Ahhh….” I nod after getting what they want to mean by celebrating a day related to me. “You kids create such event just to make me treat you tonight. Okay okay… Let’s eat… but no drinks.” I say strictly. “No drinks for now, SHINee… says hyung.” I chuckle.

“We should drink once in a while… especially now that we are with Myeon Hee.” Jonghyun says. This guy… why is he suddenly acting as if he has some interest in her?

“She can’t drink.” I say. “I’m not allowing her to drink or anything. She needs to stay conscious.” I say with conviction – as if no one could ever break what I say. I never use authoritative tone to the members. Just now.

“Okay. Fine.” Jonghyun chuckles and walks towards Myeon Hee – ahead of me. I’m starting to feel irritating. The first moment he wants me to confess to Myeon Hee. The second moment he does some moves to hook her up. What is this guy trying to do?

We end up arriving on an eatery where ahjumma and ahjussi’s drink. There are no people inside the eatery but 2 ahjummas talking with each other and an ahjussi who is drinking alone. I am with the members, three managers, and Myeon Hee.

Taemin suggests it should be a samgyupsal party. Since no one objects, I decide to treat everybody with meat. I look at Myeon Hee as she pays attention to the grilling meat in front of us – though her tension can’t be hidden, I couldn’t help but ask.

“Are you okay, Myeon Hee? Is something bothering you?” I ask her but she shakes her head – just like what she always does.

“I’m fine, oppa ~ I’m just probably not used on going to this place so I’m being quite unfamiliar and uncomfortable.”

That couldn’t be the only reason for I already notice her acting like that when we are still in the studio. “You sure?” She nods and tries hard to smile. Hey, Myeon Hee… why are you fooling me when I already know you’re just faking it??

After having dinner, we order some drinks. Jonghyun surprisingly takes one bottle of soju. “Hey, are you going to drink all that?” I ask in surprise. Jonghyun doesn’t drink much – or… he doesn’t drink at all. Instead of eyeing on Myeon Hee only, I think I’ll have to look after Jonghyun as well. “Taemin-ah… can you exchange seat with Jonghyun-hyung?” Taemin is sitting beside me. On my other side is Myeon Hee. Taemin quickly agrees and they exchange seat so now Jonghyun is sitting beside me as well. I should know when to stop this kid. Once he finishes drinking up to 2 glasses, I’m sure he’ll start to talk randomly.

And I’m right. Half of the bottle and I see Jonghyun starting to blush. I look at him and hold the bottle away. “Stop drinking, you. You know you can’t handle alcohol very well.” I say but he just takes the alcohol back. “Hey, Jonghyun, stop.” I say and wrestle a bit with Jonghyun before he could finally let the alcohol off.

“Myeon Hee, can you go with me? I’ll just go to the convenient store on the opposite street to buy something.” Key says suddenly and I automatically switch attention.

“I’ll go with you.” I tell Key.

“Let me drink more.” Jonghyun says and I have to attend to him again. I can’t understand why I’m the only one caring about him. The managers are talking about random things, Minho at Taemin are also talking while Key wants to go to a convenient store.

“MM—Bbr..” I feel Jonghyun is about to throw up so I immediately drag him to the restroom. This guy really wants to get into trouble. We get into the sink and I pat his back so he could vomit properly.

Next thing I heard is the run of the water from the faucet. He wipes his mouth and sigh. “Heh. I can’t believe I’m drinking for this event.” He says and chuckles sarcastically.

“For what?”

He is about to answer when I hear someone’s scream from outside. “HYUNG! HYUNG! ONEW-HYUNG!!” He shouts continuously and I lost my track of Jonghyun because I need to run out to see him.

“WHAT?!” I say and my nerves start tensing up.

“MYEON HEE… SHE WAS TAKEN!!!!” He shouts and I completely lose my mind.


A/N: DAMN