If you like her

Safe and Sound

 

“Very well… very well… very well…” I look at Key as he nods while reading the article the reporter has made for Myeon Hee. I don’t know if he is talking about the way the article is written or about the way Myeon Hee answers all the questions.

He probably notices I’m staring at him so he lifts his head and looks back at me – smiling. “Hyung, were you teaching her how to answer these questions? Did the reporter allow you to coach? These answers are all Onew-like.”

I shake my head answering Key’s question. “I didn’t. I coach none of them and rather allowed Myeon Hee to say what she wanted to say. After all, it’s her interview and I trust her to be good at it.”

“Ow. She’s very well then! She was able to answer everything clearly and wittily. Let’s check on some comments to see what the netizens are able to say.” He says and goes back to his phone business.

"She sounds nice and I think her parents brought her up really well. It’s sad that they’re not here though. They won’t be able to see their daughter get married to one of the best guys I know."

"I just wish all the best for the two of them. They deserve to be happy. All they did is to love each other so much."

"Her answers are those that only good and well mannered people will say. Okay, they lied before about their relationship but it’s forgiven. I really love Myeon Hee."

"To be honest, I don’t think they have the girl-boy relationship. Why do I feel like she is just describing him more of an oppa rather than a boyfriend? Not that I’m bashing or anything, and may I say I’m starting to like Myeon Hee, but… I just don’t feel her love for him."

             "Re: Same here. -.- The way Myeon Hee describes Onew, I think Onew loves her very much – he’s not the Onew we know in real life by the way he treats Myeon Hee, while she, on the other hand, I don’t think she has the same feelings."

          "Re: Don’t you think this is just SM’s tactics to divert our attention to something else??! Hey, SM! Stop using your innocent idols and let us hear those four’s excuses!!! >:\"

"I don’t like that I have no reason to hate this girl. She seems very sweet and gentle, but I really don’t believe this relationship exists. Stop kidding us, this is not funny."

Of course, I never assumed that 100 % of the netizens will believe the situation – and I really feel amused that some of them have really strong points against this. I am proud of these Shawols who don’t immediately believe what the media is feeding them. I like that they know us better than SM thinks.

Key chuckles, “It’s amusing when they believe that you love Myeon Hee but she doesn’t feel the same towards you. Is this what they call one-sided love?” He asks with a teasing expression on his face.

I am frozen for a bit. I underestimated these fans coz I think they know me better than myself – or not.

I give no respond and Key starts to look at me seriously. “Are you falling for her, hyung?” I have predicted that question but it still surprises me the moment he throws it. “I just notice you being different these days.”

“Different?” I frown and look at him curiously. He nods.

“Yes. Different. I remember you told me you know when Jonghyun-hyung’s making a move on a girl. He stays with his phone and always checks on it. He also smiles involuntarily and there are times when he gets unusually silent and reserved. I don’t know if it goes the same for all the guys but… I notice you’re acting the same as him before.” He explains. I always check on my phone because I need to reply immediately just in case Myeon Hee messages me asking for any help. “You see, hyung, if you like her more than just being a dongsaeng, you should tell and make it clear to her. If you do then she might probably starts looking at you more than an oppa as well.” He suggests.

“It’s not as easy as what you think.” I reply and shrug my shoulder. “There are lots of things to consider when it comes to her, and I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable around me. I want her to just be herself when she’s with me. I don’t want her to start being conscious just because she knows I want her.”

“Got you there.” Key smirks and nods at me. “You know how to keep secrets but you don’t know how to lie, hyung – and I’m talking note of the last ‘want’ word there.”

He stands up and stretches his body for a bit. “You know what’s right and what’s wrong, hyung, so I won’t tell you what to do anymore. If you know this is for the better then you can go with it, but please, if you ever feel the need of confessing to her, then you should. Keeping the feelings for a long time is very difficult and painful.”

Sometimes Key is also good in giving friendly advices and not just nagging. Just now he just gave one of the best advices he can give his entire life, and may I say he didn’t deliver it in such a way he usually does.

However, I don’t know why my mouth acts faster than my brain. I don’t even know what I’m saying until Key himself notices it.

I should watch my mouth more next time I guess…


A/N: Yey! An update!! You see Onew, you should watch your mouth next time! You're spilling everything nonstop!!!! CONTROL YOUR MOUTH! :D