Engagement

Safe and Sound

 

 “I think I need you tonight, oppa.” I automatically look at Jonghyun when he holds my phone up and stares at it as if he's reading somewhere. I just finished washing up and so I left my phone on the couch.

 

“Yah!!” I think I just had my cheeks and ears all red after hearing what Jonghyun reads from the phone. Is that Myeon Hee's message? She needs m-me... tonight?? “Give it back!” It's hard to move since I only have the bath towel around my lower torso. One wrong move and it will slide drop on the floor and something that must not be exposed might just spring welcome to the members' sight.

 

I successfully have taken away my phone from him so I immediately look at it. There is not a single message – no real text from Myeon Hee.

 

“So hyung was expecting a message like that from her?” Jonghyun says and chuckles. I figure out he is just fooling at him so I nudge at him while shaking my head.

 

“Stop fooling around.” I say and start walking away to enter my room.


“Hyung... are you officially together?” Taemin then asks as he walks pass the living area while Jonghyun and I are nudging at each other. “It has been 3 days since that thing on the dressing room. We never heard anything from you after that.” He says.

 

True. I never said anything after that day. I don't know but Myeon Hee and I never really kept it as a secret on purpose. Nothing has changed except on the fact that we naturally became more monitoring of each other. She tells me what she's up to, and I also tell her what I'm doing from time to time. It's not like we discussed how our relationship will flow. We have been very natural to each other for the past 3 days.

 

I shrug my shoulder and smile. I don't know why I can't find the right words to say when all I need is “yes” to throw to them. They frown. “What's with the shrug?” Jonghyun says and irritation appear on the members' faces. “Why keep a secret?”

 

“I'm not keeping any secret.” I say. “What you see is what you get.”

 

Their eyes gone wide and they look at me both in amusement and surprise. “We are getting that you are together. so... you are really together?”

 

I shrug for the 2nd time. “If it's just a yes or no question and you don't need more explanation or whatsoever,... then the answer will be yes.” That and I quickly turn my to go back my room but Key calls out again.

 

“So I guess what will see on the official engagement later tonight are all true.” He chuckles and walks towards me. He places his hand on my shoulder and smirks. “Lover boy, Jinki~”

 

Yes, tonight's going to be our engagement party that will be held on the events hall at the company. A lot of artists and labelmates are invited, including journalists for local newspapers and I hear that a certain magazine will be doing a special coverage from our engagement to the wedding proper.

 

**** **** ****

 

“Kids... we're going to be late.” I say as I make sure my long sleeves are properly fitted. I another one to make the outfit seem more relax on me. I brush my hair lightly just to make it natural. No more added wax or funny hairstyle. The brownish shade of it makes it good enough to be presentable. I brush it lightly to make it smoother and lighter. “Guys... what?” I say and take out my phone to call Myeon Hee.

 

“Myeonhee-ah... are we all set? I'll pick you up.”

 

“You can't.” Someone who answered on the other line wasn't Myeon Hee. She sounded more like my mother.

 

“Umma?” I say while frowning.

 

“You can't see each other before the engagement party.” She says. “You need to wait for her on the venue and let her have her own entrance without you.” I want to laugh at omma that time. She seems to be very keen when it comes to Myeon Hee.

 

“It's an engagement party, umma... not a wedding.” I say.

 

“They're both important events, my son.” She says. “Now go there ahead and we'll follow in a bit.” That's all and she hangs up.

 

Not long after I take my phone back to my pocket, the other members go out of their room. “Oh, wow, hyung... you're outfit.” Key says when he notices what I am wearing.

 

 

“Where did you buy that? It's good! It looks good on you!” Key says and checks me out. “Wow, I thought you don't have any sense into fashion at all. Look at you now ~”

 

I sigh and look at myself again in the mirror. See who's getting engaged now??

A/N: I was about to write until how Myeon Hee will look but I suddenly feel sleepy. I'll update again tomorrow, kay? See yah!