Nervous

Safe and Sound

 

“Wow.” Key says as he is behind me and Myeon Hee talking about my photos that were just taken a while ago. “When all we got was ‘Good’…” She says looking at both of us as if we have done something wrong. The other members shake their heads and frown.

I sit for a while with Myeon Hee and I notice that the members are gone after some minute. I try secretly looking for them as we talk but I couldn’t find it. I wonder where those kids go.

“Excuse me, Onew-ssi… for a while please.” The photographer says and calls me out. I excuse myself to Myeon Hee and join the photographer.

“We have a problem over here…” She starts talking. “Our female model will not be able to arrive due to an emergency that she needs to attend.” Oh… I feel where this conversation is heading. “And we’re running out of time so I can’t contact another model to replace her. If it’s okay with you… I want to try doing it with you girlfriend. I took some stolen photos of her and it came out really good…” She hands me over the camera and I scroll the photos she took. There is this very beautiful photo where Myeon Hee is looking up at a certain direction. I am guessing it’s towards the set. She’s smiling – and her eyes seem to spark in amusement. “She could make a very beautiful photo, Onew-ssi.” She proposes. I look at her.

Should I ask her if she could do it? or not? Should I just answer in her behalf or should I consider her likes and dislikes? “What do you think, Onew-ssi?” She asks.

“I’m glad you asked me first before going to her.” I tell her. “But I don’t think this is the right time for Myeon Hee to suddenly do something she has never thought of doing.” I say immediately. “You see, she’s just new to being in public. Myeon Hee has been the private type of girl who always wants to stay behind the light on the backstage. I don’t want her to feel the need of doing what her boyfriend does because I want her to do the things she likes… I could ask her sometime, but maybe when she has finished adjusting.” I say straightly and look at the photographer. “I’m sorry I have to decline your offer, director nim.”

The photographer smiles as she shakes her head. “It’s not a problem… wow. She’s really lucky to have you.” She pats my shoulder gently and smiles again. “I agree with you. She has never done anything like this so it would be weird to just let her do it suddenly.”

As we talk, I see Jonghyun appearing from nowhere and sitting with Myeon Hee. They start to talk about something I could not hear because I’m quite far away. Myeon Hee looks at him with full attention, I see Jonghyun looking back while conversing. They seem so close that I just want to cut the photographer from talking and return beside her to stop Jonghyun. Is he stealing her away? What? Why is he talking to her as if they are super close? Why are they talking as if it’s something important?

“You can go back to her now, Onew ssi. We’re starting another set after 10 minutes.” She says and excuses herself. I go back walking to them.

“Yeah~ Yeah. That is right. That is right.” Jonghyun says as I approach. “Oh, hyung ~ You arrive.” He stands up and lets me sit.

“What were you, two, talking about?” I ask.

“Nothing… just… things.” He says and shrugs his shoulders. “Though Myeon Hee doesn’t talk so much – I really had fun conversing with her.” Then he suddenly taps Myeon Hee’s shoulder really really soft. “Catch you later, Myeonnie~” He says and quickly walks away.

This Jonghyun… never fails to have skinship even to someone not as close to him – and he is practically doing that in front of her boyfriend. You, kiddo.

“So what did you talk about?” Jonghyun doesn’t answer, I think Myeon Hee does.

But she shrugs her shoulders. “Just things.” She answers.

“What things?” I ask again.

“About how excited he is for later…” She smiles. “Don’t tell him but he’s having a date later tonight… with a Korean celebrity, he says.”

Crap, Jonghyunnie what are you doing? And the fact that you talk about your relationship to her… you’re very funny. “Are we going  home after this, oppa?” She says and I nod.

“Why? Are you getting tired?” I ask.

“No.” She shakes her head. “I’m nervous.”

About what???