Taken

Hey There, Little Red Riding Hood II (The Big Bad)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: To make up for giving you false hope with that announcement =P Also, sorry, this is a short chapter)

 

 

INFINITE ran through the house, trying to remember where the door to the basement was. They finally found the door and tore it open, running down the stairs as fast as they could before any of the other wolves could get hurt.

You heard the thundering footsteps and grew worried. Not scared for yourself--worried that the wolves had all gotten hurt or something bad had happened. You held your breath until you saw Sungyeol, the other five boys trailing behind him. You let out a small sigh of relief. "Are you guys okay? Are the wolves okay? What's happening out there?"

"We need your help," said Dongwoo, panting slightly.

You bolted up, ready to help. "What do I need to do?"

"We need your power," Dongwoo explained. "But without Sunggyu hyung, we don't have a complete circle. And he's been draining our powers. So I'm warning you now, you will be drained. But will you help?"

You nodded. "It'll help the wolves, right?"

"Yes."

"Then of course. Anything's worth it so long as they're safe."

The sorcerers looked at each other. "Did you know that Sunggyu hyung wants to wipe out the werewolf species?" Woohyun asked. Hoya slapped the back of his head. "Ow! What was that for? She needed to know!"

You gulped, nodding quickly. "I didn't. But I'll help. Quickly! Just tell me what I have to do!"

♦-†-♥-†-♦

Chanyeol was on his side, panting, trying to regain his energy after that last spell Sunggyu had thrown at him. Chanyeol had bitten down hard on his leg, though, so Chanyeol felt a little bit better about himself.

With a whimper, Chen fell beside Chanyeol. The two wolves met eyes, and nodded. They both got up and dove for the sorcerer again.

It didn't matter how many times they got hurt or thrown back. They needed to stall him, to keep him from destroying everything. They now not only had an urge to protect you, but to protect each other as well. They weren't going to let Sunggyu kill their pack mates, their friends, their brothers.

No way in hell.

Kris snarled as he got up on his hind legs and placed his front two on Sunggyu's shoulders. He was about to deal a nasty blow to his head when movement from the corner of his eye caught his attention.

He looked over to see INFINITE running with you, quickly sitting down to draw a circle in the dirt. That distraction was enough for Sunggyu to utter another spell, forcefully shoving the large wolf off of him. He gave a bark of pain. Kris fell back, his eyes not leaving you. *What the hell are they doing?! I swear to God, if they cause her to get hurt...* His nostrils flared and he got up once more.

♦-†-♥-†-♦

You kept hearing barks and whimpers of pain along with snarls and growls.

You had seen the boys in their wolf forms before, but never like this. You hadn't seen them when they were in predator mode, teeth bared, with deadly snarls ripping from their throats one after the other.

"Ignore them," Hoya said softly as he desperately tried to get everything together. "Drown them out. Like that one time when I taught you to control the wind, remember? Just breathe and isolate the noises until you're only concentrated on what's happening in our circle here, okay?"

You took a deep breath and nodded.

"Good," he said. "Guys, is everything ready?"

"Almost," said Dongwoo. "I just need to light these..." He waved his hand over the candle set in the middle of the circle.

"What's that for?" you asked quietly.

"It represents Sunggyu hyung," Sungjong told you. "We'll know our spell worked when the fire goes out."

"Are we going to kill him?"

"No," said Dongwoo. "That is, if we perform this right."

You grew scared at that, but L grabbed your hand and squeezed it. "It'll be fine. Everything will go right. We're going to be okay. The wolves will be perfectly fine. Everything's going to be fine."

You felt a little bit better hearing L's words. His voice was low and calming, and managed to calm your shaking a little bit.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter