Epilogue

My Perfect Boyfriend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXm512Z8Z4I

Lu Han's POV

It was a fine Monday.

I was resting at a small bench with the view of the whole park, where it was filled with children, a few flying their kites and a few playing soccer.There were also old couples exercising and singing modern pop songs which was quite amusing to watch.

5 years passed and all of Seoul have stayed alive.

It's amazing to see how the place had remained to be so... green.

I've been settled in the same spot for almost 2 hours now – waiting, while I was trying to finish 'Negropolis', a novel that I actually started a week ago but the sight got me side tracked.

I just finished my last midterm exams yesterday and today, I took a chance to just relax since I had a day off.

It is actually nice to take a moment to just watch the view of what's happening.

Though it may sound uncanny, I grew fond of people watching over the years. I have channeled my inner Wang Zi and I became more understanding of a lot of things.

However, I don’t think I have changed either – or at least I feel like I have stayed the same. I think it’s only my appearance that have changed over the years. I had added more weight and my hair had gotten a lot frizzled too.

 Though, my face structure didn’t appear to become any macho. According to Mama, my face had remained feminine; which is obviously a frustration in my call.

Also, we can all say that the Lu Han that we were introduced to in the beginning, had finally loosened up in dating.

I had allowed myself to date and it wasn’t difficult for me to do so because I’m always around the campus; Of course it will be easier to find people I can take interest in.  

I've dated some of them for quite some time — but, it never really lasted. Simply because, some of these girls assume too much or they find me too boring to play the role of “The Perfect Boyfriend”.

Unfortunately, I have grown to be completely used to it that it doesn’t even concern me anymore.

Though, a slight sensation had remained in my heart up to this day. It is discomfiting to admit that I'm still holding on to my teenage nostalgia — the heart-rending episode in which I had lost someone all because of a misunderstanding.

I still regret all things that I had left mistaken. The promise I left her though… I’m still willing to fulfill it, because after all, my feelings for her are still alive.

"You're at it again”

I turned around to find Krystal shaking her head in irritation, with her arms crossed.

She was looking quite blooming and very womanly even with a frown was drawn on her face. She was wearing a loose and long sapphire dress.

In fact, she has been wearing a lot of girlish attire.

She recently had her hair chopped into a bob cut as well which made her look older than her actual age.

Krystal’s face had slightly matured as well and her young essence had faded away. However, she had managed to develop a very sophisticated aura that sometimes I feel like we’re not even in the same age. Though, we had also became very close.

“Yup” I said, turning my focus on my text.

“Lu Han, I never recognized the fact that you would turn out to be so weird. I can’t believe I became interested in you”

“Well, everybody makes mistakes.” I pulled out my tongue.

She sighed and occupied the empty spot beside me. "You really need to stop this strange habit of yours" she said

"What habit?"

"Creepily staring people down... It simply doesn't suit your face okay? You should be looking for a girlfriend, Lu Han, you're 24 years old for crying out loud! You're going to be single for the rest of your life if you keep this up"

I shook my head “Just because you're my best friend’s girlfriend, doesn't mean you can boss me around" I mocked “I’ll get one in my own pace, okay? Getting a girlfriend is not as easy as you can get milk from a convenience store”

She sneered and gave up on the conversation.

“What are you doing here anyway?” I asked.

“I was waiting for Wang Zi for 15 minutes now. He and I are going out for some coffee. Want to join us?”

“Oh…uh… I still have some stuff to do“

She clicked her tongue “To do what? Read history books again? C’mon Lu Han. I thought you already loosened up!”

I slammed my book close and stood up from anger “I have! And I have other things to do you know!”

“Yah−” She pushed the back of my head forward. “Don’t lie. I’m not stupid”

In coming towards us, Wang Zi, waving his hands merrily at us. Wang Zi on the other hand looked more muscular, and taller, he became a little bit tanned too,

“Hey guys!” he finally said, panting after as if he ran 100 miles just to meet us. 

“You know, we were about to leave you behind and have a date of our own” I lightly punched his shoulders.

“That’s not cool, man! I never did that to you!”

“Maybe you should try coming earlier and avoid making your girlfriend wait for you all the time”

He released a loud sigh “I woke up late okay?!” he exclaimed.

“It’s 5 in the afternoon” I shot back.

       So, after a long argument with Wang Zi, we were finally settled in a table outside of the coffee shop.

I was enjoying devouring my coffee and nibbling on M&M’s and peanuts.

 I felt quite bad for going in between their date though. It seems to me that they needed that ‘alone time’, yet this is how it always turns out, I’m always stuck with the couple.

 Thank God that they don’t make me feel like the third wheeler in the group.  We all go to the same university.

And since we see each other often and eat out from time to time, I have gotten passed the awkwardness of hanging out with two people who are dating.

But, they never really made me feel like I was interrupting them, it just felt like we were just friends hanging out.

“Lu Han, how were your exams?” Krystal asked suddenly asked.

“It’s quite easy, I suppose” I said, taking another sip of my drink.

Wang Zi earnestly nodded, patting my back as if he was trying to taunt me. “As expected”

I sarcastically laughed at him.  

“I’ll be right back. I’ll just head to the rest room” I said and headed inside the shop, where it was completely packed by customers in line.

I had no choice but to walk myself through these people to get to the restroom. Suddenly, I felt something fall out of the pocket of my coat. I stopped and turned back, seeing my black wallet resting on the ground but promptly the woman in line grabbed it

“Is this yours?” the lady said…

Her head slowly faced me and I was astounded.

“______?”

...

 

 “...Lu Han Oppa?” She said, beaming such pleasing smile.

It’s been 5 years. She hasn’t changed a bit. She was still as beautiful. She had matured completely. Her hair had gotten longer though, and she even dyed it auburn. I could tell that she was wearing makeup and she grew a few inches in height too.  

 She seems to be more comfortable in her own skin now since she looks great.

“Wow” I said, completely flustered “You look so great!”

She shyly rubbed the back of her head, nodding as she received the compliment “Same with you, in fact, you still look very youthful”

I laughed. “Wow” I said once again.

I don’t know if it was because I haven’t seen her in a while that’s why she gave out a feel of a different person. Someone who seemed more confident – completely happy in life. I had so many questions. I had so much to say.

 I wondered if she was dating…. Maybe she was.

She seemed like she was.

But I hope not.

Seeing her again, allowed me to feel all those sensations I’ve felt as a teenager.

All at once...I felt it all at once.

 

I was angry

 

 I was sad

 

But most of all I was happy

 

I missed her so much.

I waited for her to grab her order from the counter and she had merrily stepped out of the line.

she waved at me.

And of course I waved back.

“You done?” I asked.

She nodded.

I nodded back as well.

It was silent for a moment and we  were still standing on the side; just looking at each other.

Then all of the sudden she laughed.

God. Maybe it was because I looked wretched.

“Hey, Oppa?” she called.

“Hm?” I said, not looking at her.

“Let’s go grab some ramyun”

I looked down to her, and she looked so sincere as ever; and so without hesitation “With coffee?” I chuckled.

“Why not?” 

 

 

--------

DONE! finally! Honestly, I could've ended the story on chapter 53, however, I feel like they should at least... meet again. So yeah 5 years later, this happened. Although it is quite short and I meant it to be like that.

I'll let you decide what will happen to them. 

So, some of you are wondering if there's going to be a sequel. Honestly, I don't think I will make another one, simply because I only wrote this story because of the concept. It is not a continuous story. 

Maybe I will write a post epilogue. But no fanfiction sequel. (No NO)

I want to write new stories!

I would like to thank all of my subscribers for being patient with me. It took me 2 years in writing this story, through my writer's block and my own laziness. I would like to apologize for it as well Hahaha. The purpose of this fanfic is to improve my english skills and I guess I suceeded? I honestly thought that I wouldn't reach 1000+ subs and till this day I'm very thankful. 

I would also like to thank my friends for giving me ideas through each chapter. (Thankyou Alvin, Ariana and Patricia) 

And especially all the people who commented, Thankyou, thankyou for  imparting your existence and encouraging me to finish the story. 

Oh btw, if you are interested, I'm writing an angsty 3 shot story about Lu Han called 'the pearl of our mistake' and A romantic fantasy story about Sehun called 'Oh Sehun's Beauty Standards'

I love you all. So... this will be it for "My Perfect Boyfriend"

*Bows*

Thank you for reading!