Chapter 53

My Perfect Boyfriend

Comment your reactions in the end! Recommended song (Listen to it, it will help!)

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPULaNzwLvM

Lu Han had woken up on an unnatural time.

He had probably slept for at least 3 hours.

However, during those 3 hours, his mind was still awake as if his thoughts had control of him. He couldn't understand why you suddenly became cold.

It had been weeks since he had spoken to you properly.

He expected for the two of you to spent your last moments in Korea until you leave. But somehow you were just pushing him away.

If only he had the chance to talk to you properly — to create a proper closure that will fix all of the unsettled matter. 

5:15 am.

He got up from the matress and saw the somber atmosphere outside through the window of  Wang Zi's room. His head was hurting so much and it felt as if he didn't sleep at all.

He was really stressed out. Lu Han only  slept over at Wang Zi''s house, because he needed to tutor the guy for his make up exam. He looked at his friend beside him, enfolded in his comforter, snoring as if he was singing. Wang Zi was completely exhausted from studying. 

Lu Han was envious of him. Wang Zi was the type of person who would confront anything that's bothering him without fright and he knew a lot about a person's nature because he's really observant. He knew well what was going on in Lu Han's heart.

He just couldn't understand the pain in his heart— the strong feelings that he had developed over time. You were the reason why he was losing his self reliant essence because his feelings had became too strong enough for him to cry like a child.

If only he could find some kind of habitual reason behind liking someone. A pattern that will allow him to understand the nature of love. 

The two of you were too young and there was a great chance that this love will not work out, however, he wasn't ready to give up on it yet.

He grabbed the phone from the lamp desk beside him and look through his contacts. 

Your name appeared.

He suddenly became nervous.

7:34 am

Your eyes were glued to the car window, staring at the familiar buildings as you drove by.

So many memories — so many moments that had moved you.

 You listed out the possible ways that you could escape this from happening, however it is really something that you wouldn't even dare doing.  

If only you were brave enough, you would probably roll down the window only to jump out of the moving car.

15 minutes later you had arrived in the airport, you slowly opened the car door and you felt dizzy just seeing the view. 

The Lu family had helped you carry out your belongings. Your parents had said their goodbyes with Mr. and Mrs. Lu, which was an upsetting scene. Both couples had grown attach to one another; your Mother and Mrs. Lu were even embracing for quite a long time. 

This was it, this is how it's going to end. You're going to leave in desolation because you had not confronted Lu Han and you didn't end things well with him. Just seeing Lu Han one last time is all your asking for during that moment, 3 hours left till your departing, it seems impossible to even have hope.

As you went inside the airport, dragging your baggage behind you, your mother had noticed the heartarche through your sheer expression.

Promptly, she  had wrapped her arms around you and planted a motherly kiss on your head.

"It'll be fine" she smiled.

You nodded and hugged her once. 

"You have your passport with you right?" 

Digging through the pockets of your coat, you said "Yeah, I got it he–",  as you grabbed it out of your pocket, a phone fell out at the same time. 

It was still connected as it can still detect signal. 

a  message appeared on the screen.

a photo message, actually.

From Lu Han.

 

I can't understand why you're acting like this.

I know you have been avoiding me.

You're not dealing with an idiot, you know?

Do you really think you can fool me? One of the top students of Seoul high? 

I haven't seen you in weeks

and today you're leaving...

I wish I could face you without being so distressed — without showing tears like how I fronted you last time.

I imagined myself being there, watching you depart,waving, while saying that 'I will see you again'. 

But, no matter how much I think of it that way, it's hard for me to do so because it scares me that I won't ever see you anymore.

I hope it won't be like that.

I'm not planning on giving up yet. 

I don't think I can forget you so easily. I love you to an extreme extent that cannot be compared.

I wish I could tell you what is going on with my heart, however the sensation is just beyond my eloquence.

And probably that kiss wasn't enough to express it either (not that I'm thinking of fullfilling it in an inappropriate method)

I'd like to believe that this wasn't the right time for us to meet and that's why things hadn't gone so smoothly. We probably still have the chance to start over again once we're older.

I hope that  we will meet again.

And once we face each other, I hope you will meet a new Lu Han, who will be more capable of taking care of you — A Lu Han who will treat you properly and be the man that you deserved to have. 

I won't ever give up on this! I will be waiting for you and you have to be here, all right, Byuntae-ssi?

Have a safe trip and take care of yourself.

I love you so much. 

-Lu Han