Chapter 33

My Perfect Boyfriend

Chapter 33: Project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poNjip0vQt4&feature=related

The four of them were at the cafeteria, already seated at a table. It was awkward, even the talkative Wang Zi couldn't set the atmosphere. Krystal was just playing with her food as she still felt uneasy with Lu Han being around.

While Lu Han was completely spaced out, all he could think about was how you were doing right now.

"So.. are you.. all seniors?" he asked to breakoff the uncomfortable atmosphere. "Yeah" Wang Zi said.

"I can tell" Kyungsoo nodded bunglingly.

It turned quiet again and everyone was just exchanging gazes. Krystal kept on hitting Wang Zi to talk to him but he was too stubborn to talk to the boy.

"I heard you were a top student at your school in Canada" Krystal affirmed. The new kid nodded again and shrugged with a sigh "We don't have rankings in Canada. Well in my school probably, since I went to a public school. If you get a mark over 80% then you get an award for it"

Wang Zi's eyes popped out from how he was blown away by that fact. It was like learning things from a new world. "Wah! That's freaking low!" he exclaimed

"but what did you get as an average mark?" Lu Han asked with a confused expression.  Kyungsoo paused for a moment, trying to recall the percentage while the three was staring at him in complete interest.

"Last time I checked my mark was around 98 or 99.. I don't know" Wang Zi suddenly stood up and slammed his palms on the table making the new kid startled. "WHAT?!" he erupted. "That's higher than..."

Lu Han patted his back and made him sit back down as other people was also bolted by Wang Zi.  "Calm down" Lu Han said to him.

 

When lunch finally ended, Kyungsoo looked like he was just freed from a cage, happily rushing out of the cafeteria. He couldn't stand the awkward pauses and silence, but he kept on a happy smile until he said farewell to his seniors. By the time when this seniors left, he quickly went to class.

As soon as he came back and went in the classroom, the first person he saw was you.  He raised his eyebrows and studied you"What is she doing?" he mumbled to himself.

You had your focus on the window with your chin rested on the back of your hands quietly. He thought that it was weird that a girl would be alone in a corner while everyone was loudly chattering. Right when he was about to go to his spot and greet you, a bunch of girls surrounded him.

"Hey Kyungsoo-ssi, what's up!?" one of the girls said in english yet pronounced very badly.

He snapped out from his thoughts and turned his attention to the girls  "Hello girls!" He said and shot a smile "I'm actually freezing right now, Seoul is really cold when it's winter eh? Quite similar to where I lived in Canada"

The girls was abashed and amazed by the storm of english words that came out from Kyungsoo's mouth. They clearly didn't understand what he said, all they could say as a response was a "yes!"

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows at them, shaking his head from how hopeless they looked "Oh my god" he blurted.

 

Meanwhile, your eyes were still fixed through the scene outside the window. You were staring at the bench that was covered in ice since it was snowing.

But as you stared at the bench, the image that played in your mind was when you used to see Lu Han there, reading. The way he looked peaceful focusing on his book, the sun rays hitting him perfectly that made him seem like he was actually glowing, like an angel.

From just watching him before, you actually grasp the idea of him being angel-like, but then soon after, you realized that he wasn't like that at all.

Lu Han is sarcastic and insultingly straightforward. He wasn't as gentle as you thought he would be. But he's kind, even though he shows it by surprise and differently than others. You feel really protected whenever you're around him and somehow..

Loved.

Before you even knew it, you were actually falling inlove with him more.

"___!"

You jumped from your seat and your forehead slammed against another person's. You groaned in pain, rubbing the surface where it was hit.

Right when you heard the person's voice you knew that it was the new kid again.  

"Sorry, ___ I didn't mean to scare you" he said sheepishly, rubbing his forehead as well. You furrowed your eyebrows at him and huffed.Kyungsoo just laughed from your reaction and said "this is like our second time bumping into each other. Literally!" he said.

You laughed a little and shook your head.

"So what's our next class?" Kyungsoo asked as he was taking his seat.

"Home economics" you said.

Shortly, the teacher steps in front of the room and everyone stopped their chattering.

"All right class. Another project" she announced.

Everyone started murmuring to each other, some groaned and some were howling from excitement.

"Shush!" the teacher hissed. "Instead of exams, you will be doing a project where you get to work with a baby"

You widened your eyes. "Sunsaengnim, is it real baby?" one student asked.

She glared at the kid and slapped her long ruler on her desk "Will you let me finish?!" she snapped. The student dropped her head low and nodded

"Anyway, you will be in partners. But your partner must be the opposite !" . you thought. I barely know the guys in my class.

Everyone shuffled around the room to find a partner all at once.

It was like a maze again, nobody was making eye contact but just ran into the person who they wanted to be with. In a short time, almost all the guys in the room were already partnered up, you were still shifting your back and forth to see if there was anyone who was willing to be yours. But the few guys who were left were only waiting for the girls shouting and squealing as they surrounded Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo-ssi! Be my partner!"

"Kyungsooooo~"

"Kyungsoo!"

The boy who was cramped from the clinging girls, didn't know how to act out from all these pressure. He squeezed his way out uf the girls who crowded him and grabbed your shoulders.

"Be my partner" he whispered to you as his eyes were still at the crazy girls.

"What?" you exclaimed. 

He pulled you close and laughed awkwardly "Alright I'm partners with ____" The girls silenced and gawked a dirty look at you. "Man. She already has the prince. now him" one of the girls mumbled and just walked away.

Kyungsoo turned his head to you and looked at you curiously then back at the girls. Who's the prince? he wondered.  

--------

I know what you guys are all probably thinking.

Wow it's his first day and he already has a project. Wow newblueproduct nice way to mess up the story line.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments.  I don't know why I'm getting all these writer's blocks. I'm like getting close to finishing this fanfic but then my writing is getting worse. OTL that's why I'm updating late now. I'm sorry.

Thanks for the subs and comments ~ <3