Chapter 4

My Perfect Boyfriend

Chapter 4: New house

________'s POV

I still feel like what happened wasn't real. It just feels weird when I think about it.

It's almost as if I watched a scene before in a drama too. Right now, I'm sort of questioning myself if it is right to confess to him. I mean, it's only been 3 weeks, would it be appropriate to declare your love to a person from such a short time? 

What if I grow tired of him, won't that be sad? I just can't help but feel pressure from such thoughts.

When I got home after all that rain, my parents and I went straight to our new house, bringing in some boxes of our stuff since we're moving in this weekend.

Moving to another place was actually a sudden decision... or maybe my parents didn't inform me earlier. However, I don't really mind, we weren't even moving to a neighbourhood that's far away from my current school.

It is a bit farther from my school but I can manage to walk there. The only advantage was it's closer to my parent's work, My mom is a vet and my dad is an english/korean teacher.

My parents were at awe when we entered the house, it actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be. Last time we visited the house, it looked really dim and creepy.

I roamed around every room to see the finished product. The newly painted walls and the new carpet smell was really strong.

"So, what do you think?" 

I turned around and saw my Dad leaning against the doorway with his arms cross under his chest "It came out well eh?" my Dad smile was so big that it deepened his wrinkles and his eyes formed into a half moon. 

I nodded and smiled back "Were you and Umma outside?" 

"Yeah, we just met our new neighbours"

"Plus they even invited us for dinner!!" mom suddenly said, giggling like an idiot. 

In the wake of 8 pm, we were infront of our neighbour's house.

"Do I ring the doorbell?" I said, with my voice shaking.

"Duh! That's what it's used for! C'mon! Move Quickly!!

Well, My mother was excited. I assume it was  the fact that she is really outgoing. Even my dad's friendly with other people and he knows how to keep a long relationship. Meanwhile their daughter isolates herself from other people and just enjoys being alone.

I pressed on the doorbell and suddenly the sound of birds chirping resonated. I moved back behind my parents to hide myself but my mom, being her aggressive self, dragged me infront of them.

When the door finally opened, a little girl answered. I'm guessing that she's around 10. Usually, people would say that she's cute for her age but she's beautiful. Big and round eyes with double eyelids, light golden skin tone, and pink and thin lips. "May I help you?" she asked.

Mom suddenly grabbed her cheeks, squishing it like it was clay " You are such a pretty gal!" she squealed " where's your umma?" 

The girl had a neutral expression, she didn't seem to be annoyed or happy, She just took off like nothing happened. 

"Mama, they're here!" (gray is when they're speaking mandarin ;FYI)

She ran off and climbed up the stairs. I turned to my mom and the first thing that comes out of was "What did she say?"

"I don't know" my dad just guessed, even though he was right.

A woman, who looked quite cute for her mature age greeted us "Oh, Good Evening!" she greeted and welcomed us to their home, it had a Chinese traditional designs, through the decoration and the furnitures.

"Wow, Mrs. Lu, your house is very pretty" your mom said as her eyes wandered around the place. "Where did you get the furniture?"

Mrs. Lu giggled "All of these are old, I was able to get them shipped her from our old house in Beijing" She suddenly glanced at me and beamed a warm smile "Is this your daughter?" she asked my parents.

"Oh yes, but we know that she's not as pretty as your daughter" I widened my eyes at my mom

"Umma stop" I whispered.

But Mrs. Lu shook her head and beamed a sweet smile, it made my heart flutter "No, she's quite pretty"

Then mom suddenly laughed like it was something really funny "Oh, Mrs. Lu, you don't have to lie, we know that we're not good looking parents, so we're not surprised of our finished product"

"Thanks" I said sarcastically. My mom really knows how to lower their daughter's confidence. All of us headed to the dining room, there was no food yet, probably because we're still waiting for someone.

While we were waiting, the adults interviewed each other and at the same time I was just sitting there awkwardly with Mrs. Lu's beautiful daughter.

"So, how long have you been here Mrs. Lu?" My Dad asked. "My husband and I and Mei had lived here for 4 years while my son came here 3 years before us as an exchange student" My parents looked really amazed, as if my Dad wasn't exposed enough with foreigners.

That moment, I remembered the two girls from the same class about Lu Han, they mentioned he was once an exchange student then migrated here but I'm not suspecting that it may be him but it can be possible.

I looked at the little girl infront of me and thought that I should try out some of my basic mandarin to her, I took 3 weeks of classes and know a bit.

"what's your name?"

She looked at me with that poker face again "Mei"

Wah! ______ you speak mandarin?! That was really unexpected. How long have you studied?" Mrs. Lu exclaimed with excitement

Well crap, I didn't even understand a single thing "Yes" I said, comparing what she said to my reply, all I could say was yes? I just made a fool of myself, Mrs. Lu and Mei tried to control their laughter infront of me.

"So you learned Mandarin?" She asked. I nodded and didn't say anything after.

"I'm home" I stood up from my seat to greet the person who arrived, the voice sounded young and familiar, is it really Lu Han?

"Hello" me and my parents bowed at the same time and when and I lifted my upper body up, What I thought was right!! My heart skipped a bea from what I just witnessed. I was actually right?!

"Oh. Your umbrella"

"You two know each other?"

-----------

YAY! 40 subs! Thankyou guys! :)