Chapter 41

My Perfect Boyfriend

Chapter 41: Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqoCYxgx68E

As time loiters, Luhan was beginning to become more gentle; It's much more easier to speak to him. I know, I have been constantly mentioning that fact, but I can actually see the progress.

Before, when I wasn't able to talk to him at all, I was basically irrelevant to his life. I was just one of those girls who enjoyed glancing at him from a far. I still somewhat do that, however now, I have a closer position compared to other girls. 

It's our situation.

The hard part about being in this kind of situation is being incompetent of controlling my feelings and comprehending what the actual "point" of our relationship.

To protect each other.

Sometimes, I feel like it's my fault for securing him in a direction that's pretty taboo and that's quite hard to escape from.

What if he starts liking someone else?

Of course he wouldn't be my "fake" Boyfriend forever; The duty was only brought towards him because of me. 

"Hey! what are you doing? walk faster!" said Lu Han. 

I began to pick up my pace, as he said. Although the side walk was still a little dewy, since the snow was already melting this time of the year. Lu Han was ahead of me, yet he stops from time to time, to allow me to catch up.

We were on our way to the temple. With our family, of course (Except Mrs. Lu and Mei were not present, Mei is actually sick). It has always been a tradition in my family to visit a temple whenever we have an outing. 

Once we had arrived, we were halted by an old security guard before we could go any further inside "Sir, Ma'am, you must pay an entrance fee" 

We were just dumbfounded. 

"No one recounted this place to be charged. So can you let us in?" my Father said politely. 

"I'm afraid I can't. I'm only following the business rules here"  The man shrugged and sounding as if he was fighting back in an argument.  

The adults started to discuss about whether we should enter or not. Us two kids, Lu Han and I, just observed. Eventually we came to a decision of paying the fee, even though it slightly offended the adults.

As soon as we entered the temple, it was surprisingly big and maze-like, because of the never ending turns you have to do. 

We waited in line for water (not just the plain on, but the one that can grant  wishes

I thought the idea was pretty cool--Because, I'm quite sure that people from many years ago, drank the same water. 

Right when it was our turn to make our wish, I clapped my hands together and closed my eyes. 

Let there be a way for me to reach him. I'm not digging into a romantic relationship but a friendship that will last long, at least    

I said in my head, then scooped some water using my hand and drank it. It tasted pretty minty

My phone inside my pocket suddenly vibrated. 

I turned to see everyone looking towards me, as if bringing a phone was a deadly crime. Even LuHan glared at me. He slightly nodded hiw head, I guess signaling that I should turn it off.

but, I was done, so I went out and answeref the phonecall. 

"_____"

It's Kyungsoo again.

"I totally didn't expect to see you!" he said.

I scoffed. "well --- I was actually in the middle of making a wish, so I wasn't expecting a call from you"

he laughed. "So sorry. I guess your wish isn't going to happen after all"

"We'll just see. Anyway, what do you by 'not expecting to see me'"

It took him a few seconds to reply.

"I just happen to be at the same place" he said with an echo from the background as if ---

"hey"

I turned around to see this guy standing infront of me, still holding his phone against his ear.

"o-oh" I was flustered by his tuxedo. I didn't realize how ample his shoulder was. The all-black suit just complimented his milky skin. He actually looked older than his age.

He looked simply handsome.

"what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Wedding reception" He shook his head. "A lot of older women are asking me to dance or head out somewhere else. Like SERIOUSLY! can't they tell that I'm only sixteen?!"

I cracked up.

-----

Luhan's POV next chap, I'll post it later. It'll definitely be longer than this. Sorry about the delay. I was reading so much novels OTL You guys should read "Eleanor and Park" it's super cute! I'm not being paid to advertise the book. LOL in fact, I read it last week and I can't get over it. Let me know if you guys read the book!  Hope you guys have a happy spring break !