Chapter XL: Torn between heart and memory

We have a…what?! {Sequel of He’s going be my…What?! }

Bang Yong Guk feat. Yang Yo Seob - I Remember (instrumental)


Byunghun swallows, “Hey…I…”
“Sorry? I don’t want to accept it,”
Yeol Rin fierce says, Young Mi looks shocked by her daughter’s attitude, she was more shy and nice and kind…But that was really fierce…
Only Hyuk Min would throw a tantrum, but Yeol Rin…

“Oppa, I am home…” Seul Hee comes in her living room, sees Young Mi standing by the sofa and Byunghun sitting, and tries to talk with his children.
“What’s going on here?” Seul Hee says, Young Mi sighs, “Byunghun…they are really mad, maybe it’s better that I take to my parents and cool them down,” Byunghun says, “Ani…I just want to talk it out…I don’t want my children hate me…”
Young Mi sighs, “Byunghun…” Young Mi sits next to him, “Yeol Rin-ah, Hyuk Min-ah, why are you so upset about it?”
Yeol Rin doesn’t say any words and so did Hyuk Min, Young Mi nods, “Good job, you made them so angry…”
Byunghun looks at Young Mi, “Yah…I…I am sorry…” he says.
Young Mi bites her lips, “Aniyo, it’s my fault, because I ask something that is impossible for you, because they see you with another woman and you are still a father for them…Byunghun-sshi…It’s alright, still I take them for now awhile to my parents.”

Yeol Rin and Hyuk Min stand up and walks to the door, Young Mi put their shoes on, Byunghun just stands there.
Young Mi opens the door, the sunlight hits them, Hyuk Min says, “Umma, I’m running to the car,” Young Mi smiles weakly, “Nae, be careful,” Hyuk Min and nods and walks away.

Yeol Rin stands next her mom, “Appa…” Byunghun kneels down, “We don’t hate you…” she softly says.
Byunghun looks at his daughter’s face, “But…We…”
Byunghun hugs her, “You don’t have to tell, remember even appa is away from your mom, I love you and Hyuk Min, I will try to do my best for you two…”
He leans back and sees a small smile of his daughter’s smile, “Nae, promise me that?”
“I promise,”
he holds his pinkie and Yeol Rin puts hers, “Appa…Be the same appa when you was at mommy’s home,” Yeol Rin holds her mom’s hand and Young Mi says, “Thanks for taking care for now…Bye.”
She bows once, her tight long ponytail waves gently with her bow, she comes up and small smile comes from her face.
Byunghun nods, Young Mi walks with Yeol Rin, but even Young Mi walks further without looking back, Yeol Rin keeps looking back, with a small smile.
Byunghun feels something strange inside of him, more than strange, it felt this happens before…
A big blurry view comes into the way where Yeol Rin and Young Mi walk.
He holds the edge of the door, he keeps looking at Yeol Rin, and her smile disappears, a tear drops down over her cheek.
I want to go to her, to comfortable her now, but I can’t move, it was as if I was paralyzed, no this isn’t happening, right?

Suddenly something pops in my mind.

(Review of chapter XVIII)

I reach my hand out, seeing Young Mi walking away with a child.
The child’s smile was just like mine, but she walks away with her.
Yes, it was a girl…
I just stand there, watching her walking away.
Nevertheless, I just reach my hand out, when I want to say something…
No sounds come out my voice.
When I want to move, I couldn’t like I was paralyzed.
Seeing her fading away with the girl in the sunlight, why and who is she…
However, I feel tears are rolling down…
Then the girl turns around, she smiles and waves at me…
She looks like Young Mi and me…
Nevertheless, her face turn from bright to teary…Tears were rolling down over her cheeks.
Why is she crying?

“Oppa…Oppa…Oppa, are you alright?” Byunghun turns his head, he sees Seul Hee, “Yeah…Kind of…I need to lie down.”
Byunghun walks in, Seul Hee looks worried to him…What is wrong with him?

--

Byunghun lies on his bed, that memory…
It sounded like a dream…
However, it looked the same how Yeol Rin did…

He looks to the ceiling, I need…My memories back…But it has been five years…Why can’t it return it back…
Slowly he clenches his fists, I want to know it, when I ask something in the past to Seul Hee, she always answer that it’s her and she didn’t want me in contact with Teen Top…

Wait.

My phone, I got still their numbers…
I need to call…Who…Chunji…

He grabs his phone, even Chunji is on his work, he needs to call.
“Yebseyo?”
“Chunji…It’s me, Byunghun…I…”
“Man, you haven’t talked me like…”
“Chunji, it’s not the time for that…I mean…I need to ask you something…”
“Ah, arasso, ask it...”
“Stop interrupting me.”
“Yah, just ask, I’m now free on my office, but I have about ten minutes another appointment.”
 “Uhm…Tell me something about before I left my memory…”
“Yah, you know, many things happened then…Give me a good one, a subject like that.”

Byunghun keeps silence, not Yeol Rin and Hyuk Min.
they were after my memory lost born, love lives? Aish, which is too big to tell…
Young Mi…Young Mi, yeah, like why she kept that divorce letter for so long and…

“Hey, is something wrong?” Byunghun hears Chunji saying through the phone.
“Young Mi…” Byunghun finally says.
“One sentence, you was crazy in love with her, so did she,” Chunji chuckles.
I look confused, “What?”
“Since the high school senior, you two got many ups and downs, but your love with hers, it was unbreakable, she loves you with her heart, so did you…Man, you really loved her…You was happy to have a children with her…”
“But Seul Hee said we…”
“Don’t believe that , since in the arranged marriage, you started to fall for her, Seul Hee wasn’t even by your senior year…
Young Mi was the right girl and also she stood always by your side…She know you he best and cares about you always…If you have saw the photo books of Hyuk Min and Yeol Rin what she prepared for you…
Man that was just sweet, she wanted to see their youth where you left them, you able to see them…”

Byunghun stays silence, “Did Young Mi really loved me and I her?”
“Dude, as friend, and Teen Top and her friends, you and her were madly in love, no doubts, but I need to go, good luck,”
Chunji hangs up.

--

Many hours passed…

Byunghun still lies on his bed, looking through some random photos, slowly he closes his head did Seul Hee lied to me…Why…
With on hand he places by his chest, where his heart lies.
Seul Hee, a normal pace when he thinks about Seul Hee.
Seul Hee and I have been for five years together…But if I think now clearly, I always felt a small spark…

Slowly he thinks, Young Mi…
As soon his heart starts to beat rapidly, strange…He slowly comes up, she got a nice personality, is the mom of my children and her smiles…Just her smile makes me shiver…

His head starts to hurt suddenly, aish…
He holds his hand by his head, he bites on his lips, go away that stupid pain…
Suddenly another memory comes, another, and another…
Everything was with him and she…The ‘she’ was Young Mi.
Byunghun wants to scream his lungs out, the pain in head was badly hurtful, but the memories self…It was nice and caring.
Tears start to drip over his face, her smile, her kindness, her patience, her voice, her touches…Her tears, her pain…
Everything comes into his mind.

He turns around and falls over his bed.
Ouch…
Then his phone falls down, he sees the picture of him and Young Mi together as couple.
He stands up and holds his necklace with his marriage ring…
Young Mi…My only love…What have I done…

He opens his door, he sees Seul Hee sitting, “Oppa…I just…”
Byunghun ignores her and he puts his shoes on and opens the door.
He sees it starts to rain.
However, it didn’t care to him…

He walks out the door, Seul Hee rans to door, “Oppa, it’s raining, come in or you will get a flue,” she yells.
Byunghun ignores it.

Seul Hee sighs deeply, oppa…Where are you going and why?

--

Byunghun drives his car to Young Mi’s home.

--

Young Mi stretches herself out, “Finally it done, good work Ms Park, I see you tomorrow,” she smiles.
“Nae, have a good night Ms Lee,” Ms Park smiles nicely.

Young Mi walks out the building, she sees rain, owh…It starts to rain.
Quickly she walks to her car and drive to home, her mom told her that Yeol Rin and Hyuk Min stays awhile at her parents’ home…Because the work stress and the family thing with Byunghun is not good for the children her mom said to her.

When Young Mi arrives at the parking area, she sees a male sitting under the rain, poor person…
She steps out her car, grabs her work suitcase, quickly she walks to him, “Hey mister…”
The person turns around, Young Mi’s eyes turn big, “Byunghun-sshi?”
“Young Mi…”
he hugs her, Young Mi feels he stood her for a long time…
He even shivers, but Young Mi says, “Why are you here…Byunghun-sshi…”
He leans back and suddenly he kisses her.

Just like, he took her first kiss in the senior year, under the rain, kissing with the person he liked…

date added: 31 May 2012